PDA

View Full Version : Tony in his R53 JCW 210

ELFMAN
14th January 2016, 01:28 AM
Purveyor of classic Fish and Chips and award-winning pizza spotted in Hamilton, Wednesday afternoon. Waves exchanged! Tony's car still looking the business. I was in Hamilton filling up the Elfmobile with Shell V-Power Nitro (or whatever it's called), as Larkhall Shell haven't done V-Power for donkeys.

Ps There's a reason for that. Donkeys and high octane fuel are a bad combination - it's the sparks from the hooves you see. A quick gallop on tarmac and BOOM! Donkey BBQ.

Blueboy
14th January 2016, 07:29 AM
When I was visiting Del at Optimus Trimmers in Rutherglen last year some time I saw Paulo Nuttini's new mini which was being wrapped matt black by Clyde Wraps. Connection being that I know his folks have a chip shop somewhere that area, :thumbs up:

weefossy
14th January 2016, 04:27 PM
does Tony know some ex GP owner is building an F56 to look just like it :thumbs up:

EcosseGP
14th January 2016, 06:45 PM
^^^ PMSL as if I need any more ideas but how good would that be. Already had a few suggestions about the F56 engine but they'll need to wait until the stoppers are sorted out

Gez
14th January 2016, 08:33 PM
Purveyor of classic Fish and Chips and award-winning pizza spotted in Hamilton, Wednesday afternoon. Waves exchanged! Tony's car still looking the business. I was in Hamilton filling up the Elfmobile with Shell V-Power Nitro (or whatever it's called), as Larkhall Shell haven't done V-Power for donkeys.

Ps There's a reason for that. Donkeys and high octane fuel are a bad combination - it's the sparks from the hooves you see. A quick gallop on tarmac and BOOM! Donkey BBQ.
The story goes that once upon a time rainwater got into the main unleaded tank so instead of cleaning and replacing it. They just turned off the vpower pumps and used their resevoirs instead. I was told this by an employee, so who knows if its actually true haha!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ELFMAN
14th January 2016, 10:29 PM
I heard that water had got in... Wonder why they never bothered to sort things out properly? Could maybe see the point if it was a wee independent garage, but you'd think Shell would want to have all the 'proper' stuff available. Maybe they didn't sell enough V-Power... Does seem a bit daft still to have the ex-Vpower pumps out of use. Hey Ho.

stoney
17th January 2016, 10:03 AM
I spoke with the manager at one point a few year vack as it used to be my local petrol for mini and van so was in regular she told me that there was water in the tank so they swapped it over to the other tank witch is the vpower as they did not sell as much and it was due a full refit but when I don't know this was probably 5 years ago now
Gulf have been taking over shell sites and that's even better it 102 ron

ELFMAN
18th January 2016, 06:04 PM
Gulf have been taking over shell sites and that's even better it 102 ron

"Da Doo Ron Ron Ron, Da 102 Ron Ron..." :smilewinkgrin:
Bit of 60s nostalgia for all the Old Folks out there! :thumbs up:

EcosseGP
18th January 2016, 06:27 PM
"Met him on a Monday and the tank was empty ... I needed the 102 Ron Ron the 102 Ron Ron" ... I fear the worst Euan :)

badwolf340
18th January 2016, 07:30 PM
"Met him on a Monday and the tank was empty ... I needed the 102 Ron Ron the 102 Ron Ron" ... I fear the worst Euan :)
As far as I am aware the 102 Octane is only for sale at silverstone :ragin: the super unleaded at Gulf is not 102 and strange to find that it is not stated at the pump which Octane rating it is ,plenty of info on this on other forums

stoney
18th January 2016, 09:13 PM
As far as I am aware the 102 Octane is only for sale at silverstone :ragin: the super unleaded at Gulf is not 102 and strange to find that it is not stated at the pump which Octane rating it is ,plenty of info on this on other forums
Well last time I was in Lanark they where selling it at the pumps there that was a former shell station and yes it was the 102 ron as I asked before fill up

MINI William
18th January 2016, 10:59 PM
What sort of price Rob? I remember seeing 100+ Octane at MU09 and it was a crazy price. If there's not much of a difference in price over Vpower and Momentum, it may well be worth a try

stoney
19th January 2016, 12:54 AM
Can not mind the price tbh but it was not stupid price as if it was it would not have been put in think it was about the same as vpower

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

CiderFex
19th January 2016, 06:24 AM
At the BP garage in t'Sheff that used to sell it it was 35-40p per lire more than BP Ultimate.
They stopped selling it shortly after due to a severe lack of demand at the prices they were charging for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpirie1000
19th January 2016, 09:56 AM
Soon be fuelling at the airport........

that at stuff will make you go......

ELFMAN
21st January 2016, 11:00 PM

I'd give you the number of my psychiatrist, but they've locked him up again. Serves him right for doing those extra sessions with me...