PDA

View Full Version : AF Lather

gauldrymini
11th January 2016, 08:30 PM
As per title, any good? .... Any other shampoo suggestions

Cheers

bpirie1000
11th January 2016, 08:35 PM
A confused(doesn't take much these days)
can anyone explain what AF leather is...

typo for Half leather?

stoney
11th January 2016, 08:44 PM
Auto finesse? ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

DigitalLemming
11th January 2016, 08:50 PM
Not used AF Lather myself, but have used a few other Auto Finesse products and always been impressed by them.

I'm currently using 50-Cal Tracer or Gyeon Bathe+, really like both of them, the 50-Cal makes more soap suds if that matters :thumbs up:

Both are available from our site sponsor The Detailers Box (http://newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?90-The-Detailers-Box)

gauldrymini
11th January 2016, 09:20 PM
Yes
Auto Finesse

EcosseGP
11th January 2016, 09:26 PM
I'm a big Auto Finesse fan and I've used most of their products if just the once. When it comes to car shampoo now though I usually just buy what's on offer within reason. I've
tried quite a few of the Auto Finesse products and generally, they always seem to be rather good if a little expensive compared to like for like products. The shampoo has a fresh smell and produces some thick suds although they did die down quicker than some other makes so if you're looking for bubbles then it's not for you.
What I will say after being on a few courses now that bubbles aren't important when washing the car it's how much lubricity it provides as this lessens the sponge or mitt scratching the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gauldrymini
11th January 2016, 09:47 PM
^^^what are you using just now Davy?

MINI William
11th January 2016, 09:53 PM
I'm a big AF fan but have never used Lather before.

EcosseGP
11th January 2016, 10:20 PM
Believe it or not I'm using Autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner and Autosmart Duet.

gauldrymini
11th January 2016, 10:29 PM
Used to use AG and was thinking about this too. Never used AS Duet, is it a trade only thing?

Craig
11th January 2016, 11:29 PM
Ive used the AG Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner for years and loved it, I'll be buying more again soon once my CG Glossworks is finished :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
11th January 2016, 11:40 PM
AS Duet is a trade only product and has the same properties as AG shampoo which makes it easy to use. It is a low foam formula but if don't mind that and understand it's just as good as good as one that foams it's a good bit cheaper than AG :)

CiderFex
11th January 2016, 11:49 PM
Some of the best shampoos that I've used have had less foam but more "lubricosity".
If that's not an actual word, it is now.
lol
I always use a microcell sponge and you can tell the difference between the "slippier" shampoos straight away.

CiderFex
11th January 2016, 11:52 PM
This year I've only used Meguiars Hyper-Wash and the foam is a really small bubble foam and it's as slippy as a slippy thing on a slippy day in Slippy Ville.
The results are great and you can also use it as a snow foam as well.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/car-wash-shampoos/meguiars-hyper-wash/prod_326.html

p.s. Did I mention that it is slippy ?
:p

Blueboy
12th January 2016, 07:38 AM
AS Duet is a trade only product and has the same properties as AG shampoo which makes it easy to use. It is a low foam formula but if don't mind that and understand it's just as good as good as one that foams it's a good bit cheaper than AG :)

I use autosmart shampoo and snowfoam and also use other autosmart stuff, along with AF, poorboys chemical guys, buy too much and use as I go