PDA

View Full Version : Recaro CS

Blueboy
11th January 2016, 01:13 AM
Looking to be ordering a set of these soon as I deal with Recaro and they've offered me a set at reduced price. Wondered if anyone could help with a query as I need to order bases and don't want to waste money as they're no cheap. They have kits for the R50 and R56 chassis and I know my car is an R53 but with it being a fairly late model -55 reg-I just want to check that I order the correct kit, hoping someone will have the correct knowledge :thumbs up:

cheers Paul

badwolf340
11th January 2016, 08:55 AM
There is also the problem of airbags on the r53 ,which people have got round by using resistors (( if yours are fitted with side airbags) can you modifie the r53 bases ?, I think there are vids on you tube

EcosseGP
11th January 2016, 09:11 AM
Paul I asked about this before and it's the R53 bases that you need that Info came from Recaro themselves so check with them. They also do a wiring kit for them too that they supply to save you cutting any plugs etc ... Wouldn't think the R56 bases would fit anyway doesn't matter how late the car was built given the fact that it's a different model. The R50 kit should have the same mounting holes for the R53 and it's the one I would go with. Best to check with Recaro they were very helpful when I was looking and there's a UK based help line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blueboy
11th January 2016, 03:25 PM
There is also the problem of airbags on the r53 ,which people have got round by using resistors (( if yours are fitted with side airbags) can you modifie the r53 bases ?, I think there are vids on you tube

Bruce used the same kit when he fitted his Cobra seats, resistor to delete the air bag and also a kit called an occupancy mat-although don't think this in necessary on R53

- - - Updated - - -

Paul I asked about this before and it's the R53 bases that you need that Info came from Recaro themselves so check with them. They also do a wiring kit for them too that they supply to save you cutting any plugs etc ... Wouldn't think the R56 bases would fit anyway doesn't matter how late the car was built given the fact that it's a different model. The R50 kit should have the same mounting holes for the R53 and it's the one I would go with. Best to check with Recaro they were very helpful when I was looking and there's a UK based help line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers Guys, yeah I'm dealing with Joe the MD of Capital Seating who are the official Recaro dealers in the UK and he said that they have bases for the R50 and R56 models and just other universal rails but would rather have the official looking ones, looks like its the R50 ones, cheers for help