PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to introduce myself

GreyRacer
11th January 2016, 12:04 AM
Thank you for accepting my registration request. Neil Mclaren aka digi gave me your web address when I let him know that I was interested in a Mini. I had also visited your stand at SCS 2015. I'm generally know as a bit of a petrol head and am a very active member of Celica Club UK. My forum name describes me as I use to race and all my hair is quite grey. I'm no stranger to Mini having owned two many years ago. My wife and I ran two 'his and her' green with white roof minis from 1971-1974. One was a 1962 full race built Austin Mini 997 and the other a 1965 Morris Cooper 998 rebuilt to a 1027S. Since then I've been in Fords, Audis and since 1994 have owned nine new Toyotas and Lexus. I raced club sport Mini many years ago and Class 100 International karts for 12 years. Currently I own a RAV4 Invincible, Mazda MX-5 and my track going Toyota Celica T-Sport.
This brings me to Mini. Really it was not on my list but my daughter bought a new Cooper Diesel 1.5 and somehow after driving it I sort of regressed to me old roots and thought, what the hell, go for it.
So having spent a month chatting the a very nice sales lady in Lloyd Mini Newcastle and an extended rest drive in my chosen model I placed an order.
Built starts tomorrow with delivery with delivery third week of February. Then I will be the proud owner of a New Mini Clubman Cooper S auto with a few extras. I really enjoyed taking the base model and building it with the items I wanted. Up to a max monetary limit I imposed on myself.
Looking forward to meeting members in the future.

DigitalLemming
11th January 2016, 12:39 AM
Welcome to NMS!

Speccing a new car is always good fun, keeping within your budget is usually the hardest part!

We've loads on in the next few months so hopefully meet you and see the car at one of the events soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blueboy
11th January 2016, 12:50 AM
Welcome along bud, that's a lovely base model you've chosen and a great variety of vehicles you've had in the past. Not been involved with the club long myself, but had great fun so far :thumbs up:

cheers Paul

EcosseGP
11th January 2016, 12:57 AM
Welcome along and seems like you'll fit in well here. Can't wait to see the new Clubby there's a few cheeky wee extras available for it. What colour did you go for ? Only a few weeks for the wait which isn't too bad. Hopefully see you at something soon ... [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GreyRacer
11th January 2016, 01:06 AM
Welcome along and seems like you'll fit in well here. Can't wait to see the new Clubby there's a few cheeky wee extras available for it. What colour did you go for ? Only a few weeks for the wait which isn't too bad. Hopefully see you at something soon ... [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Colour scheme is Pepper White body, black roof and mirrors. Chilli pack gives me the black wheels. Went for auto gearbox, Mini driving modes, panoramic glass roof, HUD, LED headlights, Media package. Parking and a good bit more.
Been reading as much as I can and watching YouTube on the new model. Looking forward to trying out the launch control.

digi
11th January 2016, 06:44 AM
welcome along Dave . cant wait to see the new clubby

cuddles
11th January 2016, 07:29 AM
Welcome to NMS xx

badwolf340
11th January 2016, 07:33 AM
:welcome: Nice spec of Clubman and you will have fun with it ,hard not to .Hope to see you at meets in the future ,sounds like you will fit right in :yes nod:

MINI William
11th January 2016, 08:14 AM
Welcome to NMS. Looks like a great spec that you have went for. Hopefully see you at some future meets, go and check out the Meets & Socail section.

CiderFex
11th January 2016, 09:06 AM
Welcome to NMS.
:)
That's a cracking list of cars you've had/got there and the new Clubby sounds like a great addition.

Enjoy and be safe.
:)

Craig
11th January 2016, 09:30 AM
:welcome: hope to see the new car soon :)

bpirie1000
11th January 2016, 10:51 AM
Sure you will not be disappointed.

remember we like pics on the forum...

gauldrymini
11th January 2016, 10:55 AM
Nice car choice and spec, we are due to get an all PW Cooper Clubman with black alloys...late Feb hopefully:Whistle:

ELFMAN
11th January 2016, 12:39 PM
Welcome aboard Dave! I cut my driving teeth in 'classic' Minis too (they were just 'Minis' back then) You can take the man out of the Mini/MINI, but you can never take the Mini out of the man!

Maybe I should change my signature to "BaldChaser"? :smilewinkgrin:

Crombers
11th January 2016, 01:14 PM
Welcome to NMSland :saltireflag:

jonnie
13th January 2016, 06:48 AM
Welcome

CraigR53
13th January 2016, 03:00 PM
Welcome to NMS :)