PDA

View Full Version : Wet / Dry Vacuums

weefossy
8th January 2016, 07:12 PM
Help please.
I'm thinking of buying a wet / dry vacuum and was wondering which one to go for. A George, Charles or a Karcher MV2 are being considered.
Need it for domestic use (not whole carpets, just spot cleaning) and for doing the car. Any suggestions welcome, or info about ease of use, effectiveness.
Do they all need "bags" for dry vacuuming? We do have a decent Dyson for everyday use, so wet cleaning is main requirement.
Any help appreciated.

Craig
8th January 2016, 07:30 PM
Malcolm. My advice is just use one for wet vac and keep your other vac for dry. When you use wet and dry in the one vac, when you use wet after dry, there is dust in the vac and this can cause smells. I use a George and have done for years and it's been great, not used a wet Karcher although I do use a dry one of those. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blueboy
9th January 2016, 09:44 AM
Got a Karcher puzzi wet cleaner, great machine have had it for a few years now makes a lovely job of interiors and can also be used for house carpets as comes with different accessories. Use a George for valeting inside as great wee tool

Angib
9th January 2016, 12:35 PM
I've had a Henry as an actual (dry) 'shop vac' for years and swear by them.

I worked in a yacht factory where one Henry had cleaned over 100 yachts before delivery. The yachts' decks were about 3 metres off the floor in the factory and the Henry had been dropped that far once. Not surprisingly it cracked its case, which got a very stylish carbon repair, but the Henry kept on working. It's no wonder you see them being used by cleaning companies.

ianking
15th January 2016, 02:32 PM
I have a Henry for dry use and a George for wet/shampooing.
As Craig said, its far easier to have one dedicated to dry use and one dedicated to wet use.

I use bags in my Henry as its far less messy to empty that way. A pack of 10 genuine Numatic bags last me well over a year.