PDA

View Full Version : Tinthaus/Defendall

X30YES
23rd September 2004, 04:35 AM
Just hade the windows tinted @ Tinthaus and had a look at the other company that they run www.defendall.com . Russell the owner and Gill his assistant ( not in a glittery outfit )showed me some of the other product that they do ...stone chip , scuff, and scratch protective film that they fit to any car ,well worth a look and the usual NMS discount will no doubt be in place .All in all ,first class service from a well organised company who seem to know where they are going .More than pleased with the service I had today in Ratho

Wul
23rd September 2004, 05:43 AM
Is that Ratho, Midlothian?

If so tell him to get to the canal centre car park at about 09.45 on sunday with his brochures and discount vouchers and he'll find 25+ eager MINI drivers descending upon him! :D

Sheilz
23rd September 2004, 07:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Just hade the windows tinted @ Tinthaus and had a look at the other company that they run www.defendall.com . Russell the owner and Gill his assistant ( not in a glittery outfit )showed me some of the other product that they do ...stone chip , scuff, and scratch protective film that they fit to any car ,well worth a look and the usual NMS discount will no doubt be in place .All in all ,first class service from a well organised company who seem to know where they are going .More than pleased with the service I had today in Ratho

I was offered this in Aberdeen as well when I was pricing colour coding Eck's wheel arches. Its pretty expensive stuff but if you were to be throwing your car about back roads might be well worth the cost.
:D:D

Wul
23rd September 2004, 05:26 PM
Sheilz - it's probably worth it alone if your trying to keep up with john on the Cullen run! :p

X30YES
23rd September 2004, 10:43 PM
Ratho near Edin Airport Wul , but also have Aberdeen Perth Glasgow branches ,it is expensive Sheilz , and could do a part cover if you wish ie front end only

Steve74
23rd September 2004, 10:49 PM
This stuf is really popular in the US and seems to work pretty well.

Wul
24th September 2004, 02:01 AM

Ratho near Edin Airport Wul , but also have Aberdeen Perth Glasgow branches ,it is expensive Sheilz , and could do a part cover if you wish ie front end only

that's the very same one - that car park is a re-group point on sundays run :D

X30YES
24th September 2004, 03:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

that's the very same one - that car park is a re-group point on sundays run :D
Did try to coax 'the assistant ' Gill L33THR...along on Sunday to show off her stuff ,the car stuff that is :Dwho knows Wul, and she can talk Meguiars for Scotland as well !!:D:D:D:D

L33THR
24th September 2004, 05:26 AM
Well you never know I might just turn up on Sunday with my basic little Mini One (good tint job and Defendall paint protection).
Gill (the assistant not in a glittery outfit)!!!!!!!!!!

MartinSullivan
24th September 2004, 05:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by L33THR

Well you never know I might just turn up on Sunday with my basic little Mini One (good tint job and Defendall paint protection).
Gill (the assistant not in a glittery outfit)!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the site Gill, pop over to the Introduce yourself forum and say Hello. There are plenty of owners on here with Tinthaus tints :D

You have obviously met Angus - we apologise for him, we arent all that mad :D

Hope to see you on a run soon

X30YES
24th September 2004, 07:55 AM
That will be the rose tinted glass then Mart !!!!!!!!!!!and not to worry L33THR ,you will find plenty of 'basic'stuff in here :D:D:D:p

X30YES
24th September 2004, 08:00 AM
MIGHT BE A WEE SONG IN THERE SOMEWHERE >>>>>Cant get better than a Tinthaus tinter ..or is that fitter ?

Wul
24th September 2004, 03:53 PM
Wahey - Cool!:cool:

Did someone say Meguiars in here!?? ;):D

Sheilz
24th September 2004, 06:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Sheilz - it's probably worth it alone if your trying to keep up with john on the Cullen run! :p

Dont think I'd even try!!
:D:D:D

Sheilz
24th September 2004, 06:48 PM

When I discussed it at tinthaus i was quoted £400 for the front to be done. Much better than the other American creation - a bra for your car. They're nae awfa bonnie.!

Eggy7496
24th September 2004, 06:59 PM
were you guys expensive when gettin ur windaes tinted from tinthaus? i had the back 3 as an option when i got the car so i needed the front 2 done, i got my front 2 done for £100 including vat. got a wee discount on it as the guy was late in opening the place. so i was waiting for 30mins,

X30YES
24th September 2004, 07:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

When I discussed it at tinthaus i was quoted £400 for the front to be done. Much better than the other American creation - a bra for your car. They're nae awfa bonnie.!
I'm sure the price will be lower now that we have an 'insider' working for them from NMS :p....and at least the mini bra's will all be the same size :pand no need for individual fitting !!!!:D:D:D

X30YES
24th September 2004, 07:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Eggy7496

were you guys expensive when gettin ur windaes tinted from tinthaus? i had the back 3 as an option when i got the car so i needed the front 2 done, i got my front 2 done for £100 including vat. got a wee discount on it as the guy was late in opening the place. so i was waiting for 30mins,
5 widows @ £195....:cool:

Eggy7496
24th September 2004, 09:41 PM
hey thats even better than me! lol i thought i was erchie for a while aswell

X30YES
25th September 2004, 06:23 AM

hey thats even better than me! lol i thought i was erchie for a while aswell
The way I look at it is ...If you dont ask you dont get !!!:D

Eggy7496
25th September 2004, 09:10 AM
well ats a famous quote that i wish i would just do more of

X30YES
25th September 2004, 03:29 PM
The Defendall is worth a look at and can hardly be noticed on the car unless, you look at it close up.I'm sure I read someone looking for boot scuff protection stuff ...it would be great for that as well I think .

Eggy7496
25th September 2004, 07:07 PM
does defendall protect the windaes?

Wul
25th September 2004, 07:27 PM

The Defendall is worth a look at and can hardly be noticed on the car unless, you look at it close up.I'm sure I read someone looking for boot scuff protection stuff ...it would be great for that as well I think .

That was me! i got John-Apex to fit me soem black vinyl on ma back bumper and it's worked a treat :D

MartinSullivan
25th September 2004, 07:38 PM

does defendall protect the windaes?

Eggy, at the top of the post Angus posted the website - www.defendall.co.uk

Its a paint protection programme to prevent stone chips and scuffs - its sometimes called helicopter film because it was developed to protect helicopter rotar blades. Check the site out, should answer all your questions.

Eggy7496
25th September 2004, 07:42 PM
oh i c. Well i got mine superguarded 4 months ago and i think its absolutely amazing!! is defandall the same idea?

MartinSullivan
25th September 2004, 07:56 PM
Defendall is a plastic film that fits over the paint - stone hits and doenst go through to the paint

Supaguard is a paint treatment like a wax which creates a barrier between the paint and any stones

Eggy7496
25th September 2004, 11:52 PM
can u have both?

Wul
26th September 2004, 07:18 AM
Oh his topic is just waiting for a dodgy reply!?

:D