PDA

View Full Version : Mini meets and Social.....

bpirie1000
3rd January 2016, 07:21 PM
Can I suggest that if someone is organising an event that they utilise postcodes for where the meeting points are...or specific area.......

saves people searching when when the event maybe is no where near them......

so many events where you are expected to know where the meeting points are...
also suggested routes so anyone can tag on or second meeting points...

just an idea......

Crombers
4th January 2016, 08:06 AM
I might be wrong here but don't most of the organizers (& hats off to them for their sterling work) throw in a wee linky to highlight starting points.

Eddie_JCW
4th January 2016, 11:48 AM
I might be wrong here but don't most of the organizers (& hats off to them for their sterling work) throw in a wee linky to highlight starting points.

Yeah you're spot on Allan they do but if for some reason they forget and I didn't know where it was I'd just google it, it only takes 2 seconds :thumbs up:

Craig
4th January 2016, 02:15 PM
I've normally always included post codes for the start point, but I'm more than happy to answer any questions for anyone unsure of the start points :) or finish points for that matter :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CiderFex
4th January 2016, 02:41 PM
Will you include all "mowing points" as well please Craig ?
:p

Craig
4th January 2016, 03:34 PM
There is only one of those at present Pete :)

ELFMAN
4th January 2016, 04:52 PM
When I heard Craig had been "on the grass" that time I just thought he had been listening to too much Crosby Stills and Nash... :smilewinkgrin: :hand:

EcosseGP
4th January 2016, 06:16 PM
Brian that usually is what happens for any events that are organised. It's not always easy to get a start or end postcode as sometimes it's just car parks etc that we may finish in. NMS also try and put up notes or routes when possible, sometimes they can be late on but that's also down to work commitments. We have started posting the full details of meeting times etc on the "first" post of the thread to save people trawling through pages of posts to find what they need to know. As you can imagine meeting points on route are often subject to change depending on traffic, photo stops, etc but NMS are happy to try and accommodate those people who find it easier to join in part the way through the run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bpirie1000
4th January 2016, 11:13 PM
http://newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?26516-Christmas-Lunch-Saturday-23rd-January-2016&p=339281#post339281

The plan is to meet late on the Saturday afternoon for Christmas Lunch/ Dinner. The mods thought that it might be best to move our annual Christmas Lunch to January as people's calanders will be busy over December and left us a little tight to try and fit it in to the calender.

Time to be confirmed but the venue is most likely to be Toby Carvary (if everyones happy wiht that) so everyone can still get some turkey, it's also not all that expensive just after Christmas and the food is rather tasty.
We will obviously be doing our normal Secret Santa

Names below for a great time

not the Toby grill in Aberdeen then........

stoney
4th January 2016, 11:22 PM
http://newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?26516-Christmas-Lunch-Saturday-23rd-January-2016&p=339281#post339281

Or you could just ask ? Just as easy as starting a tread about it ......

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

MINI William
4th January 2016, 11:53 PM
The vast majority of meets have the starting postcode either within the thread or the run notes, so that everyone knows where the proposed meet is. But as stated in the thread in question that details will be posted once they are confirmed and I can assure that we are able to get into the planned venue. All details will be posted tomorrow once I have confirmed our booking

EcosseGP
5th January 2016, 10:31 AM

No it'll not be there but we'll endeavour to get that rectified as soon as possible. It'll be the Toby in Edinburgh. See you there [emoji106]

ELFMAN
5th January 2016, 01:50 PM
I don't think there's ever been much of a problem finding out where runs/events are taking place. I'm the world's biggest Numpty at directions etc (even worse than Andrew), and I've usually managed to get to wherever it is, even if it has involved Google Maps and a Guide Dog! As Stoney said, if in doubt just ask.

I'd also like to add a big "Thank You" to all the NMS folks who have gone to the trouble of organising runs and events throughout the years - the odd 'missing' postcode pales into insignificance compared to the end results and the memories.