PDA

View Full Version : Cabriolets...

zimbo
22nd September 2004, 11:34 PM
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that mini cabriolet drivers dont seem to wave back when you see them... Like they must think that are better than us regular mini owners or something!! :evil:

Seen three in dundee area and waved to all three with no response except looks that could kill... :disapprove:

Heather
23rd September 2004, 02:02 AM
Not sure, 50/50 response here in glasgow. One so happy to be waved at they nearly sent through a red light! :D

Smurf
23rd September 2004, 03:10 AM
I've had nothing but a great response so far - but then I haven't seen many!!

sh@z
23rd September 2004, 04:02 AM
try waving to ANY mini in edinburgh ... lol they look as if they gonna call the cops

KenL
23rd September 2004, 04:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

try waving to ANY mini in edinburgh ... lol they look as if they gonna call the cops

Correct sh@z - Edinburgh ain't the friendliest place in the world is it :disapprove:

X30YES
23rd September 2004, 04:52 AM
CAN ONLY AGREE GUYS, BEEN THERE TODAY AND NOT ONE WAVE /FLASH DESPITE PASSING AT LEAST 6 MINI'S,

Heather
23rd September 2004, 06:07 AM
There are just so many of them there compared to glasgow.:)

GAJ
23rd September 2004, 03:24 PM

Try waving at me!

I WILL call the cops!;)

Wul
23rd September 2004, 05:20 PM
999..........Hello Police?.........I'd like to report a motorist hurling abusive hand gestures to me on Princes Street today.......He was waving at me in a strange way and driving a MINI!!!.........my name?..................GAJ!:p

I pass about 12 MINI's on the bypass every morning and none of them wave - not one! :(

Eggy7496
23rd September 2004, 07:08 PM
for cabro's ive seen 2 in abs and they just look and stare, u can read there mind "do i know u"? however we other minis i pass up to work they just wave now as i keep waving to them, i think just to keep me happy lol. They dont know the mini etiquette

The Dogfather
24th September 2004, 03:39 AM
Keep waving/flashing they'll get it eventually. Perhaps the Edinburgers (what do you call someone from Edinburgh?) are just a bit slow on the up take?

KenL
24th September 2004, 09:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Keep waving/flashing they'll get it eventually. Perhaps the Edinburgers (what do you call someone from Edinburgh?) are just a bit slow on the up take?

The waving thang will only go downhill from now on. MINI is a mainstream model now with so many people (not just enthusiasts) owning them.

Big Col
24th September 2004, 03:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

999..........Hello Police?.........I'd like to report a motorist hurling abusive hand gestures to me on Princes Street today.......He was waving at me in a strange way and driving a MINI!!!.........my name?..................GAJ!:p

I pass about 12 MINI's on the bypass every morning and none of them wave - not one! :(

They're probably too dazzled by the shine off your motor Wul :)

Wul
24th September 2004, 03:50 PM
phew - i thought you were gonna say something else there :I

where is LnL anyway? :p

Steve74
24th September 2004, 06:22 PM

That's funny! But very very true. I haven't even spotted another NMS car in Edinburgh!

Burple
24th September 2004, 07:12 PM
quote:

Hey... when and where?
I ..erm.. pass that way occaisionally in the mornings.. Ususally Monday and Thursday mornings roundabout 7.45 - 8am...
Which direction? Ain't seen ya yet!! :D;):p

Burple
24th September 2004, 07:14 PM

phew - i thought you were gonna say something else there :I
where is LnL anyway? :p

Oi!!! Leave my shiny heid outa this....

Speak to you later Wul about which Meguiars to use for it... when I run out of Auto Glym ;):p

Wul
24th September 2004, 10:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Steve74
That's funny! But very very true. I haven't even spotted another NMS car in Edinburgh!

i spotted yours though Steve when your were still in Gorgie! :eek:

Wul
24th September 2004, 10:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Hey... when and where?
I ..erm.. pass that way occaisionally in the mornings.. Ususally Monday and Thursday mornings roundabout 7.45 - 8am...
Which direction? Ain't seen ya yet!! :D;):p

The Edinburgh Bypass LnL?

Usually heading down from Calder to Gilmerton (Eastbound) any time between 07.50 and 08.15! Never clocked a PW Cooper before though.

Wul
24th September 2004, 10:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Speak to you later Wul about which Meguiars to use for it... when I run out of Auto Glym ;):p

Well LnL - I reckon you gotta start with some quick clay first to remove the above surface contaminents; follow that up with some clear skin napper scrub, then a double coat of NXT Tech wax ;):D

Gismo
24th September 2004, 11:37 PM
Well LnL - I reckon you gotta start with some quick clay first to remove the above surface contaminents; follow that up with some clear skin napper scrub, then a double coat of NXT Tech wax ;):D
You tell im Wul, damned disgrace using auto glym :p

Steve74
24th September 2004, 11:58 PM

quote:Originally posted by Steve74

i spotted yours though Steve when your were still in Gorgie! :eek:

I've never been in Gorgie (well can't remember!!). Where about?

Wul
25th September 2004, 12:00 AM
Eh! I must be losing it! I was sure it was you steve that used to live in wardlaw - just up from Blockbusters on Gorgie Road!

Perhaps i've been sniffin ma meguiars too much!! :I

Steve74
25th September 2004, 12:08 AM

Eh! I must be losing it! I was sure it was you steve that used to live in wardlaw - just up from Blockbusters on Gorgie Road!

Perhaps i've been sniffin ma meguiars too much!! :I

Never lived in Gorgie - the cheek ;)

I live in Belgrave Place, but there are 3 other Minis exactly the same now!!! The car is currently living in my parents garage when I'm in London during the week just now!

Wul
25th September 2004, 12:24 AM
oops! :I

Just did a search and it was Euan who lived in Gorgie!

Defo too much sniffin going on! :eek:

Steve74
25th September 2004, 12:32 AM

oops! :I

Just did a search and it was Euan who lived in Gorgie!

Defo too much sniffin going on! :eek:

Definitely :cool:

euan
30th September 2004, 01:13 AM
Wul, I despair...I know I don't live there but come on. It's not like I've disapeared....

My two pence worth - cabrio's - can't wave as they are trying to look cool. Waving ain't cool, but a lot more fun!