Eggy7496
22nd September 2004, 10:40 PM
Guys and Gals,

Some very interesting info!!

We were chatting about this earlier in another topic. Bonnie you were right

"Mini Cooper S went throught the slalom test in Road & Track (69.5mph) faster
than ANY car they have ever tested, beating out the Porche 911 GT2 (68.7 mph)"

Im proud!!!!!!!!

With reference to another topic, i think this proves johns point about Mini's beating scoobies round the corners!

Gismo
22nd September 2004, 10:44 PM
I'm guessing you found the link, can you post it :question:

The Dogfather
22nd September 2004, 11:20 PM
Alan, there's no article on Road and Track because they don't archive stories.

Steve74
22nd September 2004, 11:20 PM
This was in Mini2 :)

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20062

Eggy7496
22nd September 2004, 11:39 PM
I think we should keep that link well known to everyone!

redpoint rallying
23rd September 2004, 06:47 AM
I can vouch for the 'round corners/scoobies' bit. On the Milltown Stages (and other single venue tarmac rallies)each stage is run a bit like a 'Super Special' that you see on current WRC rallies in that its a bit like a figure of eight with a 'merge' and a 'split'. This means that at some point on the stage, at the merge or split you will come up immediately behind rally car which has started a few minutes before you on the same stage (still with me?) Often these are the much more powerful Group A cars such as Subarus. We do in fact manage to keep up with them through the following bends until the next long straight when the extra grunt means they take off! So, it can be done! We are living proof.....its also caused a bit of a stir and some very surprised comments which have been a good laugh. Our rally car has cost a fraction of some of the Subarus!!

Cheers!

Wul
23rd September 2004, 05:22 PM
It's a bit like MOTOGP for bikes too - on twisty tracks the 250's are only slightly slower than the 500's due to their chuckability and more useable power.

Eggy7496
23rd September 2004, 07:06 PM
Wayhay for MINI'S!!!!!!!

So what can beat or equal a mini round a corner then? Suggestions?

The Dogfather
23rd September 2004, 08:39 PM
John in a rover 25 van!

Eggy7496
23rd September 2004, 08:43 PM
quite true after my last run, just when i thought i could pass sully, johns there in the rover to deny, lol