PDA

View Full Version : New Member - 1st Mini

ari70
29th November 2015, 07:06 PM
Evening guys from sunny Aberdeen, dipping my toes into the Mini pond for the 1st time when I collect an 08 Cooper D later this week.

1st ever Mini and 1st ever diesel, change in circumstances dictated I needed something more economical than my Focus ST and the Cooper D fit the bill perfectly.

Hopefully see some of the local loons and quines around.

Only pic I have at the moment but love this angle. Will post more when I get the car itself.

Cheers, Ari

Crombers
29th November 2015, 08:16 PM
Welcome to NMSland :saltireflag:

badwolf340
29th November 2015, 09:42 PM
:welcome: Nice to see some more pics when you pick up car and nice with the JCW body kit

Craig
29th November 2015, 10:06 PM
:welcome:

Glad you have found us. The Cooper D is a great engine and is tuneable ;)

MINI William
29th November 2015, 10:38 PM
Welcome to NMS. Great looking CooperD. We had a CooperD with JCW Aerokit

ari70
29th November 2015, 11:09 PM
:welcome: Nice to see some more pics when you pick up car and nice with the JCW body kit
Cheers, should be up later this week ... weather dependent !!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ari70
29th November 2015, 11:11 PM

Glad you have found us. The Cooper D is a great engine and is tuneable ;)
Haha haven't got it yet and already I was checking out remaps ...... then I remembered i've just been made unemployed so stuff like that will have to wait for now.

gauldrymini
29th November 2015, 11:40 PM
:thumbs up:

Blueboy
30th November 2015, 12:42 AM
:welcome: Nice looking car with the JCW kit, look forward to seeing more pics

EcosseGP
30th November 2015, 12:54 AM
Welcome along and congratulations on the new purchase :):)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CiderFex
30th November 2015, 06:50 AM
Welcome to NMS and that's a cracking wee motor.
:)
Enjoy and be safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ari70
30th November 2015, 04:10 PM
Cheers for all the welcomes folks, very friendly place you have here.

Wee update: Went back today to sort out the paperwork and have my 1st ever drive in a Mini and I have to say it's NOT what I expected !! Dunno if it was due to it being a smaller/lighter car but was really pleasantly surprised at the amount of poke the Cooper D has ! Coming from a modified Focus ST I thought there would be that feeling of going from a motorbike to a push bike but it was nothing of the sort. Really can't wait to get my hands on her now and give her a proper drive.

PS anyone has else been caught out by the indictator stalk, thought it wasn't working at first before I realised it doesn't go up an down like normal indicator stalks !!

Captain clean
30th November 2015, 05:36 PM
Welcome buddy. Another Cooper D :thumbs up:. Have had mine 6 months now, like a little rollerskate in the handling department. Another plus point is the cheap road tax and amazing fuel consumption.

Eddie_JCW
30th November 2015, 06:08 PM
Welcome to NMS that's a nice little Cooper D you have, looks great with the JCW aero kit.

Colin
2nd December 2015, 11:54 AM

ari70
2nd December 2015, 11:43 PM
Picked up car this afternon, managed a wee drive and love it !

Bit disappointed to find no usb interface though, guess it's an fm modulator for me as i really can't stand listening to the radio !

EcosseGP
3rd December 2015, 12:05 AM
Good news but bad news. TBH I thought that all the MINIs came with a USB port. I certainly only have a DAB radio in mine but have a USB input. I've had issues getting tracks to play from the USB stick and have resorted to having a USB full of tracks instead of being able to put them in folders like before. Don't know if that's right or not but it's annoying looking for a specific track especially if it's towards the end of the alphabet !!!

ari70
3rd December 2015, 02:00 PM
Deff no USB sadly. Going to see if i can get a good fm modulator.

Anyways, on my 1st proper run in the D and all I can say is why have I never owned a new Mini before now !

Just one word keeps coming to mind ..... FUN !!