PDA

View Full Version : R56 modifications

Ianstwt_r59
27th November 2015, 08:26 PM
I'm looking for anything that people have for a r56 from exhausts, induction kits right to door handles. Of course il pay too. Win win situation for everyone

EcosseGP
27th November 2015, 11:58 PM
Sounds like you're on a roll Ian ... I'll keep a look out for you :)

Gogs
28th November 2015, 09:26 PM
I've got a Milltek sports cat downpipe that'll be getting listed shortly and also a full set of Kavs wheel spacers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ianstwt_r59
28th November 2015, 10:30 PM
Sounds like you're on a roll Ian ... I'll keep a look out for you :)

Cheers Davy, did you find that body kit?

- - - Updated - - -

What size are the spacers? Iv got a decat on mine the now

MINI William
29th November 2015, 12:25 AM
Will keep my eyes open

midge
26th January 2016, 05:51 AM
I've got a JCW Airbox and itg filter for sale if you are still interested?

Ianstwt_r59
26th January 2016, 08:04 AM
Will the filter be a direct swap

EcosseGP
26th January 2016, 11:10 PM
Ian sorry haven't had a proper chance to have a look for you but I've not forgotten ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
26th January 2016, 11:12 PM
I've actually got a wee soft spot for this one ... eBay number 252092698473 although I'd modify a few bits if I put it on :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stoney
26th January 2016, 11:32 PM
Will the filter be a direct swap
You will need to change out the whole box Ian

Ianstwt_r59
26th January 2016, 11:41 PM
Cheers stoney might just end up getting a itg panel filter

stoney
27th January 2016, 12:37 PM
Cheers stoney might just end up getting a itg panel filter
Better off going Alta the noise is great
I went AEM and wished I did alta for the noise tbh

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

CraigR53
27th January 2016, 06:15 PM
Alta was my plan on the r56, I remember on one of my first runs with NMS, Eddie had a bit of an issue with his Alta going for a swim, sounded amazing

DigitalLemming
27th January 2016, 06:34 PM
I've got the Alta on mine, love it! Had it almost 2 years now and still love hearing the sound it makes even now :thumbs up:

MINI William
27th January 2016, 07:08 PM
Alta all the way

Eddie_JCW
27th January 2016, 08:06 PM
Alta was my plan on the r56, I remember on one of my first runs with NMS, Eddie had a bit of an issue with his Alta going for a swim, sounded amazing

But I had no undertrays lol and it was crazy wet that day lol. No damage done and it was fine when it dried out. I'd have another Alta if I got another R56 ;)

N16SHP
28th January 2016, 10:57 AM
I had an ITG in my R56 S and tbh, it was a waste of £45! Compared to some of the guys who had Alta's I should have gone down that route so I'm another one sticking my hand up for an Alta.

ELFMAN
28th January 2016, 12:47 PM
I'm happy with my Alta. Changes the character of the car a bit with the 'Tssshhhhh' sound when you come off the throttle - quite pronounced on my car, it actually sounds as if its had an aftermarket Blow-off setup fitted, which it hasn't! I had the Works airbox with an ITG filter before that which worked OK, but had no sound effects. I didn't have a power comparison between the two, so couldn't really say if the Alta added anything in that area. I certainly didn't harm the performance.

Some aftermarket setups can draw in hot air from the engine bay and that just kills power - I had that problem on my wee Cooper a few years back when I fittted a Pipercross cone filter and ended up going back to the standard box after a week as it was annoyingly noisy and the engine was as flat as a pancake... ran like a dream after I swapped back! So, you pays your money...

Brian kindly fitted my Alta for me and we removed the wee grille in the bonnet scoop just to maximise the cold air going into the engine bay. You probably don't have to do this, but I felt that anything which cools things down has got to help a wee bit! It does arguably let a bit more road crap in, but I haven't had a problem so far.

stoney
28th January 2016, 07:20 PM
Intercooler on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/172078185390?