PDA

View Full Version : Cars due to go to scrap yard 🏻

jo123ke
23rd November 2015, 10:18 PM
Radiators burst airtec one so avoid like the plague bought what I thought was a direnza Mini Cooper s manifold turned out its just a cooper [emoji30] just thinking what's the point shelling out 2k on a 2.5k-3k car [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoney
23rd November 2015, 10:20 PM
That's a shame mate get on to airtec and complain

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

kevs cooper s
23rd November 2015, 10:29 PM
Radiators burst airtec one so avoid like the plague bought what I thought was a direnza Mini Cooper s manifold turned out its just a cooper [emoji30] just thinking what's the point shelling out 2k on a 2.5k-3k car [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk what happened mate aint it fixable?

jo123ke
23rd November 2015, 10:51 PM
It is but minds telling me to get rid but hearts telling me to keep it

EcosseGP
23rd November 2015, 11:11 PM
OMG I did say when you fitted it to watch out for the airtec radiators as the welds are terrible on them. Eddie had nothing but bother with s couple on his and personally if you want a decent radiator just use the standard one it'll do the job. Never changed to a performance radiator yet and not had a bit of bother with any. How much did you pay for the manifold can you not send it back John ? If it's advertised as an S and it isn't then return it to the seller !
You probably will get the radiator sorted if you get in touch with airtec but sounds like you've lost faith with them. Don't buy second hand buy a new one though when replacing it ... don't give up on the wee buggy it'll make you love it more well it has with me ... Good things come to those that swear, cut knuckles and snap bolts lol

jo123ke
24th November 2015, 08:11 PM
I bought it from Eddie the radiator never knew of the issue not his fault though. Contacted airtec but there wanting proof of purchase so think it's back to a standard one. The manifold will fit but need flanges made up or fit direnza sport\de cat more money again at xmas [emoji17] but will get it sorted just gutted because I was making good progress

EcosseGP
24th November 2015, 08:17 PM
John could you not get Eddie to get in touch with them to sort it ?
Sorry I thought that you'd bought it new ...
Yeah I know it's never easy when modifying a car especially when bits don't fit. To me it's a challenge too and as much as I get annoyed and frustratedly end things don't fit once you've got it all finished you can take a step back and think " I did it" [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kevs cooper s
24th November 2015, 11:06 PM
ach just put it behind you mate nothings ever easy with cars , take your time and fix her up, as said on here better with a standard radiator /unless your racing on a track , just think of next summer blasting about in it , don't give up