PDA

View Full Version : Sad day :-(

Eddie_JCW
11th November 2015, 04:23 PM
Well as most of you are aware I'm changing out of my JCW :frown: I'm doing it for all the right reasons and I am going to miss the thing :( I love that car to bits but as you're aware it had to get a new clutch and flywheel under warranty and it just doesn't feel the same.

What I am going for next is a secret for the time being but it's not a MINI :angel: I'm making this sound like a goodbye, it isn't, you don't get rid of me that easy :smilewinkgrin: just means I'm MINI-less for the foreseeable future.

I will put up a post as soon as I have my new toy.

Ps if anyone is after a GP2 diffuser or my challenge spoiler then message me but I will be putting a for sale post up for the items soon.

DigitalLemming
11th November 2015, 04:33 PM
Can't wait to see what you get! I already know 2 clues, but of course you could be throwing me off the scent :lol:

As I said the other day, there's a passenger seat free in mine if you fancy a trip on a run anytime :thumbs up:

EcosseGP
11th November 2015, 04:43 PM
Well Eddie I or one am sorry to hear this ... The JCW has almost become a permanent fixture in my rear view mirror travelling to shows this year. It's certainly kept Andrew on the wrong side of the road a few times too and can't believe that you've decided to sell up. I hope that the new "toy" brings you as many laughs as the the JCW has and please don't be MINI-less too long ! Get rid of the Volvo and I could just see you in a wee S :):):)
Now I wonder if the body shop could get that spoiler to fit something that I have lol ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eddie_JCW
11th November 2015, 06:00 PM
Thanks guys!

It's going to be strange not having a MINI but it is going to be strange disappearing, I'm going to miss the stares and everyone being shocked that the thing making all those noises only supercars should make is in fact a MINI. I'm going to miss beating pretty much anything on the road. I'm going to miss the comments the car brought, especially with the huge spoiler.

I have some cracking memories thanks to that car, and this club.

Andrew- cheers for the offer and I will take you up on that :)

Davy- there's going to be a MINI sized space on my drive soon so who knows :p
I know the bodyshop will try anything :lol: I'll bring it by at some point and you can get a look at it lol

EcosseGP
11th November 2015, 06:59 PM
You're a braver man than me Eddie wanting a seat in Andrews car ... especially after the way I've seen him drive lol.

Craig
11th November 2015, 07:03 PM
Sad day as you say Eddie, but you will always have the memories of those days/weekends out in your JCW. You'll also not get rid of us that easy..... you have heard of restraining orders? lol as others have said, I'm sure we will see you around and you can keep Andrew right as to his directions - you know what he's like !! ;)

DigitalLemming
11th November 2015, 07:08 PM
I have no idea what either Craig or Davy mean....

.... I don't get lost that much - apart from in service stations, those places are confusing! :p

... and Davy's just annoyed I'm quicker than him :p

CiderFex
11th November 2015, 07:20 PM
I'm gutted to see this post Eddie.
:(
No doubts you'll have sommat nice up your sleeve.
:)
Mmm, Willuams not put the Wagon R up for sale has he ??
:p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badwolf340
11th November 2015, 07:30 PM
Sad news Eddie ,but everyone has to go forward ,have no dought you will be missed :yes nod: but hopefully you will return at some point

MINI William
11th November 2015, 07:42 PM
A very sad day indeed but I'm sure we will still see you at the social meets throughout the winter and there is always a space free in my car. Hope to see you back in a MINI soon before HBT

ELFMAN
11th November 2015, 10:13 PM
Sorry to hear the news Eddie, but you have many Poppin' and Bangin' memories to look back on, and as everybody has said, there will always be a spare seat somewhere if you need one. Whatever you're going for next, have many safe and happy miles in it.

And remember:
"Once NMS, Always NMS" :thumbs up: :motoring:

weefossy
11th November 2015, 10:21 PM
Eddie, enjoy your new car, bin the Volvo and buy Davey's Cooper, when his new car comes out "the garage".........simpiles!!

MrMischief
12th November 2015, 08:15 AM
Onwards & upwards Eddie, I'm sure your next set of wheels will be interesting. Looking forward to finding out more :thumbs up:

Eddie_JCW
12th November 2015, 03:26 PM
Guys thanks again :) like William said I will still be at the social meets and I'll get along to a few runs as a passenger, someone needs to make sure we all (Andrew, William) go the right way :p and hopefully I'll have another MINI for HBT, failing that I will beg/borrow/steal one :lol: I wouldn't miss the HBT for the world.

EcosseGP
12th November 2015, 04:10 PM
^^^ I'll speak to you about HBT next time I see you Eddie. I have a plan ! :):)

MINI William
12th November 2015, 05:32 PM
^^^ I'll speak to you about HBT next time I see you Eddie. I have a plan ! :):)

Sounds dangerous

badwolf340
12th November 2015, 07:26 PM
Guys thanks again :) like William said I will still be at the social meets and I'll get along to a few runs as a passenger, someone needs to make sure we all (Andrew, William) go the right way :p and hopefully I'll have another MINI for HBT, failing that I will beg/borrow/steal one :lol: I wouldn't miss the HBT for the world.
That great to hear about HBT ....

Eddie_JCW
12th November 2015, 08:44 PM
Sounds dangerous

Sounds exciting :thumbs up: we all know Davy always has the best plans lol

CiderFex
12th November 2015, 10:08 PM
....sometimes.
;)

ELFMAN
12th November 2015, 10:25 PM
I have a plan! :):)

Oh Dear God... :frown:
I hope Yorkshire's well insured.

Tambett
13th November 2015, 08:43 AM
I've decided your not allowed to get rid of it, haha not after seeing it and hearing the noise when you drove away the other day.

Eddie_JCW
13th November 2015, 09:31 PM
I've decided your not allowed to get rid of it, haha not after seeing it and hearing the noise when you drove away the other day.

Even though it sounds like a non-turbo :lol:
Your car is a great example, enjoy the Alta and the fun it will bring. I'm missing the noise already ;)

digi
14th November 2015, 11:13 AM
i will realy miss competing with your pops and bangs . there will always be one spare seat in mine

AndyP & Lenore
14th November 2015, 07:51 PM
Oh no Eddie, that's a shame :sad:

Looking forward to seeing what you get next though :thumbs up:

CiderFex
14th November 2015, 08:23 PM
I'm intrigued as well.
:)

Tambett
15th November 2015, 04:23 AM
Yea the alta is fitted and what a difference in sound. Now its time to think about whats next for it.

DarnShiv
18th November 2015, 03:33 PM
One of the best looking and sounding cars in the group. Stunned.:sad::sad:

SeanC
21st November 2015, 04:52 PM
One of the best looking and sounding cars in the group. Stunned.:sad::sad:

Have to agree there! I hope you keep us informed what you replace your JCW with Eddie :)

maxibaby01
21st November 2015, 07:37 PM
Blimey! Missed this Eddie, didn't realise you were getting shot after all the effort.
You'll have to post up what you've got once it's in the bag. Sure it'll be something interesting![emoji106]

...that wing...*sigh*...love it...

...end...

EcosseGP
21st November 2015, 07:40 PM
Please can I guess ... Please can I guess (stretches arm high into the air) :)

stoney
21st November 2015, 07:43 PM
I recon it's some thing RWD we all know Eddie likes his dounghts 😂

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
21st November 2015, 07:46 PM
I like doughnuts too mind lol ... I'm sure it'll be rear will drive !!!! ;)

stoney
21st November 2015, 07:49 PM
You just like any thing to do with cake dounghts sweets ............

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Eddie_JCW
21st November 2015, 07:56 PM
I love doughnuts :p all types

Eddie_JCW
21st November 2015, 07:58 PM
Cheers for all the kind comments guys I'm sure another MINI will be on the cards at some point :smilewinkgrin:

SeanC
21st November 2015, 08:53 PM
I love doughnuts :p all types

Heard you like the chocolate ones :moonie: lol

From Greggs :smilewinkgrin:

EcosseGP
21st November 2015, 09:09 PM
Can't beat a fudge doughnut from Baynes :):)

maxibaby01
21st November 2015, 09:36 PM
Ooer...[emoji33]

...end...