PDA

View Full Version : Advice on selling price please?

Sheilz
10th November 2015, 10:53 AM
We bought Lottie for Catriona in September. We paid 3950 for her but in the interim she has had new rear calipers, all around discs, brake pads, wheels and rain expert 3 tyres, a new water pump, a new windscreen and trim fittings, came with a brand new exhaust, has had her underneath waxed and dinitrol sealed and undergone a Terraclean just two weeks ago. Catriona loves Lottie but hates the gears. She wants the same car as her instructor but the only other car we would consider for her is a golf.
Lottie is an 07 plate mini one with salt pack and has just over 54K on her clock. Her bodywork is quite reasonable and what you would expect for age/mileage.

Can anyone advise on what kind of price we should be looking at for selling her. She may come around to loving the feel of the mini but at the moment she's a bit 'anti'.

ianking
10th November 2015, 02:28 PM
I would think you would get your £3950 back anyway.

EcosseGP
10th November 2015, 06:14 PM
The car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it as you well know. In most cases it doesn't matter what you've spent on it before selling it you're never likely to get that back. However, sometimes it does help the sale of the car given the fact that it'll probably need nothing done to it and shows its been looked after. I'd try and persevere with it given the fact that you've spent money getting the car up to scratch and I'm sure if you popped along to a meet and got involved with the club it'll persuade Catriona to keep it ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheilz
24th November 2015, 08:53 PM
Update - we have traded in Lottie for another mini. She got a wee try of Dougall and thought his gears felt much easier. Munro was of the same view as Catriona - I didn't have an issue with the gears - just really enjoyed the go-cart feel of the hatch. Anyway M had niggles about the gears too so we decided to trade her in. We collect a pepper white one convertible from JC tomorrow. Her new car's name is 'Mojo'.

EcosseGP
24th November 2015, 08:56 PM
Good news bad news so to speak but I'm glad that everyone's happy and it'll maybe give you that MINI feeling back :):)

Sheilz
24th November 2015, 09:03 PM
Thank you. struggled to be enthusiastic going to VW dealer but the mini dealership now that's quite a different matter. We looked at a coupe for her but felt she'd be hammered in insurance once she passes her test.

MINI William
24th November 2015, 10:29 PM
Great news, looking forward to seeing the pics

badwolf340
25th November 2015, 07:31 AM
Glad it's all worked out ,and will be great to see the new car

Sheilz
25th November 2015, 11:54 PM
Picked up Mojo from the dealers and it was love at first sight. Had him out for his maiden trip this evening. Had to collect the cat from my son's as she had been away on some sleepovers. Nik took Catriona for a trip round the block with hood down and the cat yowling and howling in the back. when Sophie howls and howls she Makes a frightful racket so was a bit surreal watching a gorgeous little mini making such a horrible noise! Catriona very very happy tonight. The pics are crap as my phone was about to die on me so a bit rushed. 6107610861096110

Crombers
26th November 2015, 12:28 AM
Superb :thumbs up:

MINI William
26th November 2015, 07:58 AM
Great looking MINI.

Craig
26th November 2015, 09:23 AM
Many happy miles to Catriona from another pepper White Conv :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gauldrymini
26th November 2015, 11:01 AM
...nice wee 'vert

We used to have a wee Chili Red Cooper one and loved it, was one of our best MINIs

EcosseGP
26th November 2015, 08:12 PM
I'm so glad everyone's happy and they'll be someone very happy another PW convertible has joined the party ! :)

Sheilz
26th November 2015, 09:17 PM
Thanks guys. I vowed that I'd not go mad getting her stuff for Mojo so at mo confined purchases to some raggtopp stuff for the soft top. Evidently it got rave reviews and had free shipping and another pack of related stuff free. Have zilch experience of soft tops so Catriona (who am I kidding), I am going to be on a steep learning curve.