PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Coffee Detailers Box Meet 22nd Novemeber 2015

MINI William
31st October 2015, 02:59 PM
Chris has kindly agreed to host NMS again at The Detailers Box. The last meet was a fantastic meet with lots of great laughs and cars, with the added benefit of being able to pick up some new detailing goodies and be able to chat to the people in the know about what's possible best for your own needs.

Most probably go for something to eat and a chat after The Detailers Box

Start time will be 10am @The Detailers Box
Unit 14
420Flemington Industrial Estate
Hamilton Rd
Glasgow
G72 7TN

1. William & Megan
2. Brian & Christina
3. Craig & Jude
4. Rob & Christine
5. Eddie
6. Andrew
7. Davy
8. Elfman
9. Paul
10. Jason
11. Ian (Maybe)

Craig
31st October 2015, 04:16 PM
Yes for me ;)

stoney
31st October 2015, 05:40 PM
We should be there

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

MINI William
31st October 2015, 09:39 PM
List updated thanks guys

DigitalLemming
31st October 2015, 09:39 PM
I'll be there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddie_JCW
31st October 2015, 10:03 PM
I'm a maybe at the moment but I probably will make it :)

EcosseGP
31st October 2015, 11:04 PM
I'll be there but Cat working I'm afraid ... She's off to write up her list of "needs"

N12 JLK
3rd November 2015, 10:09 PM
Would love to go but unfortunately I have guests over on the sat night and I'll be unfit on Sunday

Sorry. See your all soon

MINI William
3rd November 2015, 11:23 PM
No probs Jason

ELFMAN
4th November 2015, 02:19 AM
I'll certainly pop along for as long as I can. If I can sort my Dad's lunch etc with his Care Workers I can hopefully come for a bite to eat too!

Blueboy
4th November 2015, 07:35 AM
Add me please

MINI William
4th November 2015, 07:39 AM
I'll certainly pop along for as long as I can. If I can sort my Dad's lunch etc with his Care Workers I can hopefully come for a bite to eat too!

Add me please

Both added

Ianstwt_r59
5th November 2015, 03:18 PM
Can you put me down For this

N12 JLK
6th November 2015, 10:20 PM
William put me down for this, I know that I said I couldn't but I'll make the effort. Fancy splashing some cash on some goodies. Can you put Mr King down next to me as a maybe. Doesn't know if he needs to go home and get kingy junior and the moment. We're having a few ales at the Nicols the night before:thumbs up:

MINI William
6th November 2015, 11:08 PM
William put me down for this, I know that I said I couldn't but I'll make the effort. Fancy splashing some cash on some goodies. Can you put Mr King down next to me as a maybe. Doesn't know if he needs to go home and get kingy junior and the moment. We're having a few ales at the Nicols the night before:thumbs up:

Will do Jason

CraigR53
8th November 2015, 07:29 PM
Can you put me down as a maybe? Even if I can't take the MINI I might pop along with a friend

ianking
9th November 2015, 01:05 PM
I'm good for this. Jason will bring me over more than likely.

badwolf340
9th November 2015, 02:00 PM
I'm good for this. Jason will bring me over more than likely.
Will be good to see you Ian :thumbs up:

DigitalLemming
15th November 2015, 06:51 PM
If you're coming for something to eat after the detailers box meet can you let me know, just so we have an idea of numbers.

Ta

MINI William
15th November 2015, 07:09 PM
Please x2 for us

Eddie_JCW
15th November 2015, 07:11 PM
Yes please Andrew :)

Blueboy
15th November 2015, 07:15 PM
yes please for one

badwolf340
15th November 2015, 07:51 PM
Us as well Andrew

Crombers
15th November 2015, 09:42 PM
Working unfortunately, 10am is the middle of the night for me :yawn:

EcosseGP
16th November 2015, 11:05 PM
Count me in Andrew :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MINI William
17th November 2015, 08:15 AM
Looking forward to our meet. Will have a confirmed time for everyone shortly. Roll on Sunday

EcosseGP
17th November 2015, 09:02 AM
Not too early I hope ... :)

MINI William
17th November 2015, 07:40 PM
Start time is 10am at The Detailers Box

Craig
17th November 2015, 07:48 PM
Thanks William - means I can plan my work around :)

jo123ke
17th November 2015, 08:01 PM
I should make it on the correct day [emoji85]

badwolf340
17th November 2015, 09:06 PM

glad to hear it :yes nod:

MINI William
17th November 2015, 10:26 PM

Great. It's this Sunday :yes nod:

Coop1
18th November 2015, 11:01 AM
What is the address William?

EcosseGP
18th November 2015, 12:31 PM
http://www.thedetailersbox.co.uk

MINI William
18th November 2015, 01:13 PM
Thanks Davy

The Detailers Box
Unit 14
420Flemington Industrial Estate
Hamilton Rd
Glasgow
G72 7TN

ianking
18th November 2015, 02:16 PM
Hopefully they get a delivery before Sunday as loads of stuff is showing as out of stock according to their web site.

Blueboy
18th November 2015, 03:49 PM
Hopefully they get a delivery before Sunday as loads of stuff is showing as out of stock according to their web site.

my thoughts exactly

ianking
20th November 2015, 03:57 PM
I notice I'm down as a maybe. Ends up I wont be able to make it.
I need to get home after being at the Nichols as have a wee job to do on Sunday afternoon now.

MINI William
21st November 2015, 11:09 AM
No probs Ian

MINI William
21st November 2015, 11:09 AM
Foe thoese heading over from the Edinburgh aera do you want to meet at Hemi Gate at 9 before heading through?

Eddie_JCW
21st November 2015, 11:23 AM
Foe thoese heading over from the Edinburgh aera do you want to meet at Hemi Gate at 9 before heading through?

Yeah sounds good :-)

MINI William
21st November 2015, 08:20 PM
See everyone in the morning

Crombers
21st November 2015, 08:33 PM
Enjoy your day folks, mind wrap up, it's blinkin freezing out there :snow:

EcosseGP
21st November 2015, 09:10 PM
See thee all t'morrow (as Pete would say)

jo123ke
21st November 2015, 09:55 PM
Get me at the fly over around 9.20 I'm guessing [emoji594][emoji100]
At Whitburn junction

ELFMAN
21st November 2015, 09:59 PM
See y'all tomorrow, might be a bit late, but I'll be there :thumbs up:
Not run the new tyres in yet, so can't even hurry up :hand:
William - looking forward to seeing that fab new motor! :cool:

badwolf340
22nd November 2015, 06:28 PM
Thanks to all who attended today ,great to catch up with everyone and I hope you all bought what you needed and all the things that you did not need but got anyway ,some really great bargains today .will post some pics later

MINI William
22nd November 2015, 06:44 PM
Thanks to everyone who came along today and also to Chris and his team. A fantastic day had by all, I hope that everyone will enjoy all the nice new cleaning stuff that they got today, I know I will.

Thanks to Andrew for organising our lunch stop for the day, the puddings where massive

MINI William
22nd November 2015, 06:58 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u122/miniwilliam/DSC_0001_zpsaukpajbo.jpg (http://s167.photobucket.com/user/miniwilliam/media/DSC_0001_zpsaukpajbo.jpg.html)
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u122/miniwilliam/DSC_0002_zpsejinloti.jpg (http://s167.photobucket.com/user/miniwilliam/media/DSC_0002_zpsejinloti.jpg.html)
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u122/miniwilliam/DSC_0004_zpspjqdyick.jpg (http://s167.photobucket.com/user/miniwilliam/media/DSC_0004_zpspjqdyick.jpg.html)
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u122/miniwilliam/DSC_0005_zpshiippb84.jpg (http://s167.photobucket.com/user/miniwilliam/media/DSC_0005_zpshiippb84.jpg.html)
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u122/miniwilliam/DSC_0006_zps0ghtsm2o.jpg (http://s167.photobucket.com/user/miniwilliam/media/DSC_0006_zps0ghtsm2o.jpg.html)
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u122/miniwilliam/B2D43BC9-1A59-4C41-ACC7-B78E580D80CF_zpsgvzdrhww.jpg (http://s167.photobucket.com/user/miniwilliam/media/B2D43BC9-1A59-4C41-ACC7-B78E580D80CF_zpsgvzdrhww.jpg.html)
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u122/miniwilliam/A953813B-550C-4D72-9B74-2EB3CEC95141_zpsim9p3nqh.jpg (http://s167.photobucket.com/user/miniwilliam/media/A953813B-550C-4D72-9B74-2EB3CEC95141_zpsim9p3nqh.jpg.html)

EcosseGP
22nd November 2015, 07:48 PM
Massive thanks to Chris and his team at The Detailers Box for today's cars n coffee meet. Cheers to William for setting it up and Andrew for organising the lunch. Why have we not been there before the cakes are f...g massive and a meal itself. I'll learn not to be so greedy with the main course next time but as always it was great to get a chat and catch up. Sorry but no pictures from me, had the camera but spent too much time chatting, that I didn't use it. More importantly thank you all for popping along and supporting the meet its members that make these events happen and NMS always appreciate the time that you devote to clubs activities ... Until the next one break out the cleaning stuff and get the cars sparkling again. :):)

ELFMAN
22nd November 2015, 08:38 PM
Great to see everybody and their cars today and a good opportunity for me to catch up after quite a wee while. How time flies...

Treated myself to a few cleaning/detailing goodies - I might try some of them on the car, but if the next time you see me I look particularly shiny, it means I've kept them for personal use! Enjoyed having a blether and also our wee convoy from Cambuslang to the lunch stop. Apart from the council grit lorry which sprayed us while we were stopped at a junction...

Thanks to William and Brian for organising the meet, the Detailers Box for the sandwiches, Andrew for his inspired and timely lunch arrangement (food and service were first class and the size of the sweets - I was very good and resisted! - was ridiculous, I have smaller slabs in the driveway), and last but not least, thanks to Lady Harper for the hugs, which made up for my lack of dessert!

I must say I always find it ironic when you get your car manky going to a place which sells stuff to keep your car clean. Definitely worth it for the banter though, and of course you do get lots of nice stuff to unmankify your car!

:bigwave: Cheers everybody, keep the shiny side up, and the almost as shiny side down! :thumbs up:

badwolf340
22nd November 2015, 08:42 PM
Great to see everybody and their cars today and a good opportunity for me to catch up after quite a wee while. How time flies...

Treated myself to a few cleaning/detailing goodies and might even try some of them on the car, but if the next time you see me I look particularly shiny, it means I've kept them for personal use! Enjoyed having a blether and also our wee convoy from Cambuslang to the lunch stop. Thanks to the male Harpers for organising the meet, the Detailers Box for the sandwiches, Andrew for his inspired and timely lunch arrangement (food and service were first class and the size of the sweets - I was very good and resisted! - was ridiculous, I have smaller slabs in the driveway), and last but not least, thanks to the Lady Harper for the hugs, which made up for my lack of dessert! I always find it ironic when you get your car manky going to a place which sells stuff to keep your car clean. Definitely worth it though.

:bigwave: Cheers everybody, keep the shiny side up, and the nearly as shiny side down! :thumbs up:
As usual it was a pleasure to see you

Craig
22nd November 2015, 09:19 PM
Great to see everyone again today. Good laugh as always. Thanks to Chris and the team for their hospitality and to William for arranging.

Great to see you again Euan - don't be a stranger. :)

Glad to see another new car in the club - I'm sure it will evolve immensely! ;)

Ian - hope your mum broke out the credit card ! :lol:

ELFMAN
22nd November 2015, 09:54 PM
Cheers folks! If I'm not always there in person, I'll be there in spirit :thumbs up:

Oh, forgot to say a wee 'Thank You' to Stoney, Christine and the lovely kids for the tiny Audi/MINI convoy back to the motorway.

weefossy
23rd November 2015, 12:58 AM
Sorry we couldn't be there today, sounds like you all had a ball.......and very big puddings!!
Think S 70 UTD looks magic, apologies I don't know whose car it is; great to see white roof and silver wheels, a bit of a change from black and black. Reminds me of

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/Beach14wide.jpg

ELFMAN
23rd November 2015, 01:09 AM
Malcolm, the new red and white F56 is Davy's. Lovely motor it is too. It's going to be lowered a bit and get white wheels, though it still looks nice with the silver ones!

cuddles
23rd November 2015, 07:52 AM
Elfman I will always have big hugs for you xxxx

EcosseGP
23rd November 2015, 08:22 AM
Cheers folks they'll be a few changes to the "new addition" as expected and let's say we'll see how it turns out. Looks like I'll need to use that backdrop for a photo or two maybe Malcolm :):)

ELFMAN
23rd November 2015, 12:13 PM
Elfman I will always have big hugs for you xxxx
AND they're healthier than huge desserts! :arms: :thumbs up:

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like I'll need to use that backdrop

I think it would be cool to replicate Malcolm's photo with the F56... next Summer?

- - - Updated - - -

sounds like you all had a ball.......and very big puddings!!

Trust you to focus on the big puddings Malcolm... :hand:
Unfortunately all of the 'funniest' jokes I had for this post would be unrepeatable.

gauldrymini
23rd November 2015, 01:29 PM
Cheers folks they'll be a few changes to the "new addition" as expected and let's say we'll see how it turns out. Looks like I'll need to use that backdrop for a photo or two maybe Malcolm :):)

Davy is your new car a F56 Cooper S with JCW kit? Looks great in Chilli red

DarnShiv
23rd November 2015, 05:57 PM

Nice machine Davie

Crombers
23rd November 2015, 06:44 PM
C'mon Dave, spill the beans, what's the spec of your nice new motor :motoring:

Craig
23rd November 2015, 09:42 PM
Best ask quickly Allan as it changes everyday ! Lol :)

EcosseGP
23rd November 2015, 11:13 PM
Alan sorry for the delay in putting up the news but I've managed to get s thread started tonight !!
As Craig says the plan is fluid at the moment and certainly moving quickly ! Who knows might have it finished for first show of the year !!!!

weefossy
24th November 2015, 05:41 PM
Well guys this is as good as a Transit van etc...........You will note that I posted up on Sunday night at 11.58pm, after being down the pub for "bible class". Obviously had enough Guinness, not recognise the registration plate as Davey's new motor.....doh...."who's car is it"....what a plonker. Anyway car is magic and a set of white wheels would do the business. Happy to go a wee trip back to Seilebost on Harris to take a few photos. It would need a place like that to do the car justice. Great roads as well.

EcosseGP
24th November 2015, 07:20 PM
^^^ PMSL Malcolm ... Can't believe that you're blaming the drink ! In your defence though you wouldn't have been used to seeing the registration as it was on the "garage queen" !

ELFMAN
25th November 2015, 11:14 PM
Don't worry Malcolm, a few years back I was on an NMS run all day seeing William's new Cooper... and totally mistook it for his old ONE. As I've said before in my defence, same colour, wheels and reg plate. Dohhhhhhh!!!

Anyway, I took advantage of the dry afternoon today to use some of my new products on G3 ELF, mainly the 'Carchem' 800:1 car shampoo. Excellent stuff. Really smooth to apply and seemed to lift the dirt very well leaving a nice finish. My new big drying towel did the job too, whole car dried, no wringing. Didn't do anything fancy, just a snow-foam, a two bucket wash and a liberal use of the power washer. Came up ok though. It was well cold when I finished - I couldn't feel my extremities, and as I couldn't find anybody else to feel them, I called it a day. Excuse the crap phone photos, it was actually getting dark, and my fingers weren't working!

Craig
25th November 2015, 11:21 PM
Great news Euan and that towel saves a lot of time and effort eh ! Car looking great :)

ELFMAN
25th November 2015, 11:29 PM
Cheers big man, I've just about thawed out... My other towel was ok, but it just lacked that last wee bit of capacity to get the whole car in one go. Sorted!

MINI William
26th November 2015, 07:56 AM
Looking good Ewan

weefossy
26th November 2015, 11:40 AM
Car looks great Euan......as always

ELFMAN
26th November 2015, 03:09 PM
Cheers folks, simple pleasures eh?
A MINI, some soapy water and a big towel. I reckon it must be some sort of therapy...
:carwash: :thumbs up:

EcosseGP
26th November 2015, 08:08 PM
Excellent work Euan ... Glad the purchases have lived up to expectations !