PDA

View Full Version : Building Cars Live

DigitalLemming
20th October 2015, 11:48 AM
Just as a wee reminder to everyone, Building Cars Live (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p033zfvw) is on tonight and tomorrow at 7:30 on BBC2.

Buckle up for an incredible journey into the fascinating secret world of the car factory. Every 68 seconds a brand new car drives off the production line at the MINI Plant in Oxford. In this series, James May, Kate Humble and Ant Anstead go live behind the scenes to bring us this modern miracle in real time. Over two nights they will reveal the science, engineering and people that keep us all on the road, and see a car built from start to finish in a little over 24 hours.

In the first episode, James makes friends with an army of diligent robots and busts the myth that British manufacturing is dead. Kate heads to Norway to discover why the electric car is king of the Norwegian road and Ant explores the history and heritage of one of the most iconic cars ever built. With access all areas live on the factory floor, the team will see exactly how a car is born - a car that tomorrow will be driven off the line ready for life on the open road.

Looking forward to seeing it, was at the factory last year for the tour and had a great time.

badwolf340
20th October 2015, 01:26 PM
Looking forward to this....we will have to get another factory tour organised

mikeswagon
20th October 2015, 07:35 PM
Just started, volcanic orange minis and Kate humble, nice ��

DigitalLemming
20th October 2015, 09:06 PM
Really enjoyed that, brought back memories of last years trip and really want to go again now :thumbs up:

Did I see a camoed Countryman or Clubbie and one point as well or am I going mad?

Eddie_JCW
20th October 2015, 09:29 PM
Really enjoyed that, brought back memories of last years trip and really want to go again now :thumbs up:

Did I see a camoed Countryman or Clubbie and one point as well or am I going mad?

Aye, that was great, roll on tomorrow night. I think we should all get a shot at building a car on the next tour :p I'm sure if James can do it so can we :).

It looked like a camo'd Clubbie ;)

MINI William
20th October 2015, 09:32 PM
Great show and only missed the first 5-10 mins. Was hoping to see my car

mikeswagon
20th October 2015, 10:13 PM
Didn't spot the camo'd clubbie, must have been really good camo.

But plenty clubbies on the lines though����

Davesminis
21st October 2015, 08:51 AM
Thought it was pretty good. Great to see the process and production line. Also good to see the new clubbys ready for the off.

MINI William
21st October 2015, 09:19 AM
While traveling south on Monday we seen loads of transporters with Clubmans on, they are out there at dealers

gauldrymini
21st October 2015, 10:28 AM
...passed a transporter today heading to Dundee loaded with new Clubbies....

nearly had one as my new company car but didn't reckon it was going to be big enough :ragin:

Craig
21st October 2015, 10:58 AM
Have you seen one in the flesh Andrew? They are pretty big inside with some cool storage functions for the boot :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gauldrymini
21st October 2015, 11:04 AM
Not yet Craig, really wanted one but Mr VW beat Mr MINI on price and space, as I have ended up with a Golf SE Estate which is due late November...

Its not a bad car but its not a MINI :popcorn:

Ivano
22nd October 2015, 04:09 PM
While traveling south on Monday we seen loads of transporters with Clubmans on, they are out there at dealers

Indeed they are... but under wraps until the 31st

ELFMAN
26th October 2015, 04:21 PM
Enjoyed this, and seeing all those fab shiny new Minis gave me the dreaded 'Dealership Pangs'. But managed to resist. Some fabby colours though... Reminded me of many happy Mothership Runs in bygone days, and great to see how the new models are still so well put together. Much like the lovely Kate Humble. Did anyone else want to punch James May occasionally, or was it just me getting annoyed 'cos he stole too much 'Kate Time'?

Also good to see the genuine enthusiasm of the guys and girls producing the cars.

mikeswagon
26th October 2015, 05:43 PM
Indeed they are... but under wraps until the 31st

This worries me, since I'm going to a lock-in at John Clark on Thursday night, the 29th.

Now as much as I'm looking forward to the food, and meeting all the lovely peoples, I don't fancy the thought of standing looking at a clubman under a cover - I did that with a RR Evoque when I strolled in the day before they were unveiled.