PDA

View Full Version : Why I bought a Cooper diesel

Captain clean
9th October 2015, 03:31 PM
Only had my Cooper diesel for 4 months, but now know why i bought the car. I had always liked the Mini, had test driven a petrol cooper, but a diesel came up for sale. Strange weird twist of fate was that it was British racing green with the black roof, the exactly same colour of the car that my late father used to own/race(only lost my dad 3 months before buying the car)

Time to road tax this month,only 20 quid for a year as against the 200 plus for my crossover suv that i used to have. Fuel consumption in outstanding,getting about 60 ish mpg, and thats on urban stuff mainly!! And in the in gear acceleration is fun(nothing compared to the cooper s), gets to 3000 rpm and stops sounding like a diesel and more like a petrol,with the slightly lower suspension its fun when on some twisty stuff.

One happy Cooper diesel owner.

MINI William
9th October 2015, 03:36 PM
Fantastic to read, pleased you are enjoying the car. We have had a few D's and they have always been great cars

sduk
9th October 2015, 05:01 PM
I'm exactly the same but I went for the SD. Such a great engine and the economy and cheap tax make it all worth it! Even with "spirited" driving I can get 50mpg and really trying I have nearly hit 80mpg!

Ivano
9th October 2015, 05:01 PM
The BMW and MINI diesel technology is amazing especially fuel consumption.

CraigR53
9th October 2015, 10:39 PM
These MPG figures are making me tear up lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig
9th October 2015, 11:24 PM
My CM Cooper D All4 gets about 40mpg around town and is great [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angib
10th October 2015, 11:11 AM
I'm going the other way when the F57 Convertible comes out. I first had a R57 Cooper and now a R59 SD. The SD was obviously a lot more money and has saved me exactly 10mpg over the last 40,000 miles - a saving of about 200 gallons or £1,000. So next time round, I'm going back to a petrol Cooper, now that that is turbocharged too. The naturally aspirated R57 Cooper was a bit gutless in 6th gear, so hopefully the turbo will fix that.