PDA

View Full Version : Newby questions!

Blueboy
6th October 2015, 06:45 AM
This is my third Mini, but have never modded any although have modded literally 100's of cars for myself or customers and am wondering if anyone could help with some queeries:thumbs up:
Wanting to remove spotlights as prefer the look with them off, are they easy to remove and to do it properly should I remove all wiring as hope to sell them for something, plus is there any other bits to remove as well to go with them

Coilovers, fitted loads but never to a Mini, is there anything to watch out for and I take it that new top mounts are best fitted as I usually do when fitting to other cars?

Looking for pulley, anyone recommend a certain one?

All I can think of at the mo, but there will be others ;):cool:

cheers Paul

MINI William
6th October 2015, 07:03 AM
Paul someone with an R53 will be along shortly to help. I've never had one I'm afraid

Blueboy
6th October 2015, 07:05 AM
No worries, wont be doing till the weekend or next so no hurry

stoney
6th October 2015, 07:40 AM
Coilivers are straight forward
Pully i would recomend Kavs tell them bob sent you
Spotlights dont have a clue tbh

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
6th October 2015, 08:40 AM
Paul yeah the spotlights should be easy enough to remove. You could encounter a few problems with them depending on how they been fitted. Firstly if they're the chrome ones you might find that the mountings rust and they can be difficult to free off. Secondly you'll probably need to replace the front grille as it's usually cut for the brackets for the spot lights to go through, thirdly depending on how they are wired into the main loom would depend on if you can remove all the wiring or not. They'll be wired back to a relay (or should be) if you remove the wiring back to that and leave the relay in place it means that you can refit at a later date and you're not messing with the original wiring ...
Malcolm is probably the expert on MINI spots he has them on all his MINIs ...
It's the Alta pulley that I have on mine and I've had no issues with it, I think John has the same and possibly Craig. I'm sure they'll be along shortly to confirm that.
Never fitted coilovers not a fan of them had them once on a 205 years ago, clattered and banged for a week or two so they came straight off. I now stick to lowering springs they seem to do the job for me ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craig
6th October 2015, 08:47 AM
I've got a Kavs pulley and don't appear to have any issues with it. It's the 15% one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blueboy
6th October 2015, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the replies guys