PDA

View Full Version : The Olympic Torch has gone out ...

EcosseGP
30th September 2015, 07:46 PM
Well folks it's been a funny old day ... It's been a mixture of feelings and those that know me well will fully understand why. There's no easy way of saying this but the wee buggy GP0374 has been sold and is now living in someone else's garage not too far from me.
Like I said I have poured my heart and soul into the car and the GP will always hold a special place in my heart ... but it's time for me to move on. I will not be buying a GP2 although I was tempted a couple of times and had deals been available when I was looking I'm sure I'd have had one long before now but i will be staying in the MINI world. I'm not too sure what the next "investment" will be but I know deep down it'll never take the place of the GP.
The car as I said has gone to another Scottish owner and I can assure you he will be about to introduce himself once he's got over the excitement of getting the car and I'm sure he'll be made more than welcome and looked after by you lot.
So without further waffling and before I start welling up with tears ... The GP may have gone but the hunt starts to find its replacement !
Thanks to GP0374 you've been so much fun and good luck to you and your new keeper ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crombers
30th September 2015, 07:50 PM
Never even knew you had a 'real' GP :Whistle:

Wonder what's 'virtually' round the corner :motoring:

badwolf340
30th September 2015, 08:27 PM
Onwards and upwards .....will be nice to see what you turn up with ...and whatever it is ..I am sure it will be or turn into a cracker :thumbs up:

MINI William
30th September 2015, 08:34 PM
Always a sad day selling a car but it's for all the right reasons, belive me I know what your going through, but there is light at the end off the tunnel, with a few pops and bangs just to make it all worth while. A great decision if you ask me. I look forward to seeing the car :yes nod:

Craig
30th September 2015, 08:51 PM
You never mentioned that today.... Oh well I'm sure the new owner will love it too and another chapter begins. It was a fantastic example and I'm sure the new owner will keep it looking great :)

When's the road trip ? :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoney
30th September 2015, 09:05 PM
Good and bad news mate

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

DigitalLemming
30th September 2015, 09:21 PM
A sad day, but as the others have said I can't wait to see what the new buggy is and I'm sure it'll be a stunner as well :thumbs up:

I'm waiting on Cat announcing she's bought a new car now....

EcosseGP
30th September 2015, 09:28 PM
Ah damn the secrets out lol ...

weefossy
30th September 2015, 10:17 PM
Sad day but "Onwards and upwards!" I can feel a very special Clubman is about to metamorphose before our eyes. :yes nod:.............................that's if it ever comes out of the garage...lol

Catster
30th September 2015, 10:21 PM
Does that mean I'm allowed in the garage now? [emoji16][emoji16]

stoney
30th September 2015, 10:46 PM

Now that is wishful thinking Cat !!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Craig
30th September 2015, 10:58 PM

Is that not where Mac stays now ?? :)

Eddie_JCW
30th September 2015, 11:44 PM
Sad day :( I'm glad it hasn't gone too far and I hope it'll appear at a few runs :p someone has got a cracking car.

Blueboy
1st October 2015, 06:01 AM
Only saw it the once and it is a stunning car. Hope one day to have one as love the whole package, look forward to seeing yer new whip :thumbs up:

CiderFex
1st October 2015, 06:33 AM
You know my thoughts about it all Davy and the new owner is very lucky to have an "ex-Davy" GP.
I wonder if that by 2023 that there'll actually be an "ex-Davy GP Owners Club" ??
lol
I'm sure that whatever you buy will end up being a belter and just for info your Prius Owners Club stickers will be ready by tonight.
;)

CraigR53
1st October 2015, 08:24 PM
Was nice to meet it at BMS, looking forward to seeing what's in store :)

EcosseGP
1st October 2015, 08:25 PM
Cheers everyone ... It'll probably be seen more than ever before with its new owner. He'll be along to introduce himself as soon as he stops driving it :):)

DarnShiv
2nd October 2015, 09:35 PM
Sorry to hear the Award Winnng GP is away, but it sounds like it is in good hands. Like everyone else, I am looking forward to seeing your next investment:thumbs up: