PDA

View Full Version : Reset brake pad counter

mcrorie123
22nd September 2015, 02:11 PM
Anyone on know how to reset the brake pad counter on a f56 one d. Going to get pad changed but not going to mini. They want £177 for a set of front pads.

EcosseGP
22nd September 2015, 04:31 PM
I can't recall how to do it on the R56 but I think Malcolm might be able to help as he had an issue with that on HBT if I mind rightly ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mcrorie123
22nd September 2015, 05:25 PM
Thank going to get them done at my local garage but would like the counter reset.

Eddie_JCW
22nd September 2015, 08:14 PM
You'll need to replace the pad wear sensors ;)

Angib
22nd September 2015, 09:24 PM
After replacing the wear sensors, you need to reset the service indicator. I've never done this on a F56, but this video worked fine for me on a R59, so it may be worth a try (plus the guy's accent is wonderful):

https://youtu.be/aKnLvitsXzs

JOHN MILNE
23rd September 2015, 11:36 AM
I take no responsibility for how this info may be used!

Anyway......

To enter the service Menu:
close doors
Insert Key
Do not press clutch / brake
Press Start button
Wait until the Car / relevant Service symbol disappears on the Rev counter display
Immediately after the symbol goes out - Press and hold Both buttons on the Rev Counter
Continue to hold - the system Will run a dash light check

Continue to hold
Display will then show VIN / Menu, - continue to hold through this until the time Reappears on the display.
Now release Only the Right hand Button (trip reset) for about a second, and then press and hold again (whilst still holding the LH button)
After another second of 2 the display will show the Front Brake Symbol You Are Now in the Service Menu

Use the BC Button (on indicator stalk) to scroll through to the relevant symbol - eg Rear Brakes

To Reset the warning indicator light - Press & Hold the BC Button at the revelant symbol until RESET appears - then press and hold again until the process is complete.

Turn Off and On the Ignition again - Warning should now have gone!