PDA

View Full Version : OBX Manifold + Standard Cat - Anyone Used?

jdl_1967
18th September 2015, 10:12 AM
Has anyone any experience please of mating an OBX manifold to the standard cat?

Not that I plan to try it myself, my vehicular expertise doesn't even stretch as far as knowing how to wash a car, but the manifold comes with a sprung fixing kit which is welded to the original cat after being cut from the original manifold.

The system has no flexi pipe, with the spring connector apparently allowing for any movement and preventing the system from fracturing.

Any experiences would be greatly appreciated.

MINI William
18th September 2015, 10:36 AM
I think Rob had the OBX manifold so will be along shortly

jdl_1967
18th September 2015, 12:36 PM
Brilliant, thank you

stoney
19th September 2015, 11:05 AM
Yes I have the obx with the standard cat fitted works well I never fitted it I got some one to do it for me we took it to Stafford and back with no problems going 5o be putting a decat in son as well

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

jdl_1967
19th September 2015, 12:36 PM
Thanks Rob, I was just slightly worried about not having a flexi pipe, but then I guess it removes the chance of the flexi pipe breaking.

Cheers

John

stoney
19th September 2015, 09:30 PM
Thanks Rob, I was just slightly worried about not having a flexi pipe, but then I guess it removes the chance of the flexi pipe breaking.

Cheers

John
Mine seems fine you could always get a flex welded on to the cat pipe if you where that worried about it but as said mine is fine

jdl_1967
19th September 2015, 10:01 PM
That's great thanks Rob, did you import yours from the States? If so, were you hit for import duty?

stoney
20th September 2015, 12:02 PM
That's great thanks Rob, did you import yours from the States? If so, were you hit for import duty?
Yes and yes
I got hit with around £80 on import duty I got mine from eBay

jdl_1967
20th September 2015, 04:42 PM
Cheers Rob