PDA

View Full Version : New Focus RS

MINI William
17th September 2015, 01:01 PM
A little underwhelming don't you think. Its got all the things the FRS2 should have had such as 4wd but it looks so bland, and you dont get the Recaros as standard now :frown:

Eddie_JCW
17th September 2015, 02:10 PM
Agreed but the only cars nowadays that aren't bland seems to be the Megane RS and the new Civic. Even MINI have resorted to playing it safe :( . I think for the price of the FRS it's going to be a great value car. It's just made my next car choice a lot harder. Of course I'd want another MINI but at the moment I'm not too sure if I will be in another one.

mikeswagon
17th September 2015, 02:11 PM
Ok, I'll be the first (make that second .....) I've been following the progress of this for months, so maybe I've gotten used to the looks, but I like it.

The basic price of £28,940 is a bargain when compared to it's german 4wd rivals.

I think the seats are largely down to it being a global car, and the recaro CS type seats don't meet with some US regs, so they've made them optional for everyone that's allowed them.

DigitalLemming
17th September 2015, 03:01 PM
I like it, but it's just lacking something that really makes it stand out, as you say underwhelming, so it won't be on my shopping list anytime soon.

You've also got the new Mustang at around the same price point, which to me looks far better, although of course it would have to be the full 5l V8, rather than the 2.3 EcoBoost. The Mustang comes with an element of exclusivity about it, something that can't be said for a focus :thumbs up:

Eddie_JCW
17th September 2015, 03:41 PM
I love the Mustang but I would never buy one because I know it just won't cope with our roads. So for me it would have to be an RS. I have a funny feeling that the Clubman JCW is going to be a lot more expensive with the equivalent spec of the FRS, I think I'll be taking a closer look at a Ford when it's time for me to change :( because I can't justify more money for less fun.

Neil - TXJ
17th September 2015, 08:10 PM
Agreed but the only cars nowadays that aren't bland seems to be the Megane RS and the new Civic. Even MINI have resorted to playing it safe :( . I think for the price of the FRS it's going to be a great value car. It's just made my next car choice a lot harder. Of course I'd want another MINI but at the moment I'm not too sure if I will be in another one.

Saw a new type R leaving the Honda dealer this evening. It isn't bland!

MINI William
18th September 2015, 07:01 AM
Sometimes I see the new CTR and think it's lovely and other times it all looks a bit stuck on. My point about the FRS is that performance and tech wise it's what everyone wants but it just doesn't look a patch on the FRS2. By all means it's a bargain for what your get for the price you pay.

jonnie
18th September 2015, 12:25 PM
Civic's front end looks droopy over the wheels, not a fan. Like the focus a lot but don't think I'd buy one even if I could afford it.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

CiderFex
18th September 2015, 01:29 PM
It maybe just me but there is not a single modern, small "performance" car that does anything for me at all.
They all look very bland and boring and just don't do it for me I'm afraid.
I want a performance car to really stand out from the everyday version and not just have a few design tweeks with a few bits added on.
The new (current version) Focus ST just blends into the traffic.
The last "modern" "performance car" I liked the overall look of was the Focus RS, that actually looked like it meant business.

It's just a shame about the badge on the front grille.
;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk