PDA

View Full Version : De chrome

N12 JLK
8th September 2015, 08:59 AM
Anyone know of a decent website or company that I can price light surrounds, new bits for the front grill etc in gloss black. Mrs Nicol not wanting to change the chrome but Me and Kerr think it needs a bit of personalisation. Feed back and help most welcome. Or we could get them wrapped but not sure of cost or where best to get it done plus if you get a stone chip the wrap I don't think will be that strong.

MINI William
8th September 2015, 09:08 AM
SDUK has just got his light rings and grill wrapped by Blackout Window Tinting, it looks like they ahve done an amazing job if you look at his project thread

AndyP & Lenore
9th September 2015, 12:07 AM
Jason have you tried www.minigenuineparts.co.uk ? Or even Mikey www.newministuff.co.uk.

Not sure if either carry gloss black surrounds but it's worth a try. Have to admit I prefer the gloss black look. And with your car colour it would look :drool: :cool: :thumbs up:

Blueboy
9th September 2015, 06:23 AM
Great place in Glasgow called Clyde Wraps, in Rutherglen, get them on fb. Seen their work very high end stuff!

N12 JLK
9th September 2015, 09:01 PM
Cheers Andy

- - - Updated - - -

Jason have you tried www.minigenuineparts.co.uk ? Or even Mikey www.newministuff.co.uk.

Not sure if either carry gloss black surrounds but it's worth a try. Have to admit I prefer the gloss black look. And with your car colour it would look :drool: :cool: :thumbs up:

trying to convince Lesley it will look better is the thing!

- - - Updated - - -

Great place in Glasgow called Clyde Wraps, in Rutherglen, get them on fb. Seen their work very high end stuff!

How good is wrapping though, surely it will Nick/ chip easy

MINI William
9th September 2015, 09:27 PM
My light rings have been wrapped on the GP 2.5 years and are still going strong

EcosseGP
9th September 2015, 10:43 PM
I prefer to paint things rather than wrap them and both have there own pros and cons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chrispulham
12th September 2015, 08:28 AM
Might be worth considering plastidip? It may chip after a while but might be an inexpensive way, and therefore require less 'persuasion' - once you've demonstrated the benefit you could replace with the gloss black trims when the plastidip starts to show signs of wear?