PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Steph
17th September 2004, 06:37 AM
Hi fellow mini fanatics,

I've had my Cooper almost 3 years now - fell hopelessly obsessed when I attended the launch weekend at my local BMW dealer and had a test drive. It's been the best car I have ever had (except for maybe my first car long ago which was a Mini Italian Job in electric blue), and I can't imagine ever selling. It's the only car I've bought from new that I will actually have to take through an MOT!
The only problem I have is that I do abysmally low miles, so hopefully I can get involved in some mini runs. Otherwise I have no hope of reaching the next service interval before the 5yr tlc expires.

Steph

AberdeenMini
17th September 2004, 06:39 AM
Ello Steph :)

Scottch
17th September 2004, 06:47 AM
Hiya steph

I'm a bit noo too, so I know nothing!

Cheers!

Scott

eddie 44
17th September 2004, 07:52 AM
hi steph :)

Willie M
17th September 2004, 04:08 PM
Welcome to NMS Steph :cool:

MartinSullivan
17th September 2004, 04:13 PM
Welcome to NMS Steph, sit back and enjoy the ride. Keep your eye on the Mini Meets section and come along to any that take your fancy

Big Col
17th September 2004, 04:19 PM
Hiya Steph. I think you can ask the dealer to carry out a service yearly if you want to. Hopefully Big Gordy will pop in and tell you 'cos I walk more miles in a week than his car does. :)

Big Gordy
17th September 2004, 04:23 PM
Howdy Steph :D welcome to the nuthoose. I too am a low mileage mini owner. Alright I'll come clean my WIFE is a low mileage mini owner :I 4500 miles in 16months :disapprove: Menzies told me just to bring it in at 18months even if we've not reached the required mileage :p:D:approve:

Julz
17th September 2004, 04:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
'cos I walk more miles in a week than his car does. :)

And that's saying something!!;)

What's your mini like Steph, so that the rest of the Dundee mob can keep an eye out for you! I work in Dundee and have the big fat EB S that has a very dirrrrrty bottom at the moment:eek::evil:

seany
17th September 2004, 05:13 PM
hello

X30YES
18th September 2004, 06:12 AM
Hi Steph ...welcome NMS and some fun

Starky
19th September 2004, 01:58 AM
Hiya!

Steph
19th September 2004, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the welcome,

My Cooper is red with white roof, wings and wheels. Has the chilli pack and a sunroof. Interior is red, grey and silver. Number plate is very similar to my name (complete coincidence).
I have almost managed to reach 12,500 miles in 3 years. Very sad, but I'm only 10mins drive from work. Just feel I haven't given my mini enough adventures :disapprove:. I have browsed the Meets section, but not plunged yet.
Going into garage on Monday night to get strange grinding noise I hear on first right turn of the day investigated. Probably brake discs\pads. On my cars they tend to corrode faster than getting worn down by normal braking!
Julz, I have probably seen you. In fact, maybe that was you that flashed me a couple of days ago! I think on the Perth road? Do you have white bonnet stripes? Memory is bit hazy.

Steph

The Dogfather
19th September 2004, 04:50 AM
Hello Steph. I hope you join us on a run soon!

Jeff
19th September 2004, 08:33 PM
Hello Steph isn't red a fine colour!

Julz
20th September 2004, 04:19 PM
Probably was me, I tend to flash at everyone <oo-er> and yes, I do have bonnet stripes!!:clown:

duncan
20th September 2004, 08:05 PM
Hi Steph, I've propbably seen you around Dundee - I'm a Westender :)

zimbo
21st September 2004, 01:11 AM
Hi Steph, welcome to NMS good to see another person from Dundee area on here... I stay in Monifieth. Hope to see you on a run soon. :D

Duncan Stewart
21st September 2004, 05:26 AM
Hi Steph & welcome to NMS. Come along on a run - they are great fun :D

Sheilz
21st September 2004, 08:34 AM
Hi Steph. I'm addicted to driving my min, have done 6,500 in 7 weeks. did 13,500 in 4 mths in my last one. Keep promising the primera that I will give her a wash and brush down and take her for a spin but I just never seem to get past Wee Eck. i think its the way he winks at me. He has a smiley face while Daisy looks more and more dejected by the day.
:D:D:D:D

Eggy7496
21st September 2004, 11:06 PM
Hi Steph, WOW Sheilz that some milage, didnt know that was even possible lol

The Dogfather
22nd September 2004, 12:58 AM
Sheilz

May I suggest a diesel MINI, newmachar motors have one!

Sheilz
22nd September 2004, 09:42 AM
I think I should have gone diesel. It amazes me that I manage to find time to work! Keep telling myself I'll stop going out so often BUT...son number two finally managed to wrench the keys from my tightly knotted fist so I dont envisage lower mileage over the coming weeks though we might manage a meagre saving due to time wasted battling over whose turn it is!
:D:D:D

Burple
22nd September 2004, 10:27 PM
Hey Steph... welcome to the Nuthouse! Grab a straitjacket!
Just noticed this thread (been off on hols a bit in the last few weeks!) :D
Good to see another Dundonian join the ranks!
If you see a shiny all-white Cooper scooting about on your travels, gis a wave!! :D:D:p

Steph
29th September 2004, 07:00 AM
Red is definitely the best colour, though I love blue and purple as well.
I am feeling so green - checked out the photos from the 3 Lothians run - so many cool minis - I want 'em all!
I guess the EBCS that you could just about fit a piece of paper under was Julz's wee star? Why do I have this urge to spend money on skirts?

If you see me - please wave/flash first - I just can't cope with the feelings of rejection (sob) if I wave and the MINI driver doesn't respond 8)

zimbo
30th September 2004, 01:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by Steph

If you see me - please wave/flash first - I just can't cope with the feelings of rejection (sob) if I wave and the MINI driver doesn't respond 8)

Mmmmmm depends on what kind of flash you mean?? ;) ha ha...
you can be assured that us Dundee lot, myself,Low n loud1, KJ & Duncan will definately wave or flash as required :D

Steph
30th September 2004, 07:27 AM
Whatever you're most comfortable with - a quick flick of the stalk, or a drawn out blinder - I don't mind :eek::I

minidriver#1
30th September 2004, 05:48 PM
haha ace