PDA

View Full Version : Cowdenbeath Stock Cars 3rd October 2015

badwolf340
10th August 2015, 06:55 PM
A few people have been talking about a night out at Cowdenbeath stock cars ,used to go years ago and it's a good night out. We can get a group deal if we have 10 or more people (will phone and get price per head). The only thing I ask as its a group deal if you can not make it don't say you will go as this will place a cost on everyone else .The date will be the 3rd of October and more details can be found at
http://www.racewall.co.uk/fixtures-and-results/fixtures?month=10

1.Brian / Christina
2.William / Megan
3. Andrew
5. Craig
6. David & Fiona
7. Allan

DigitalLemming
10th August 2015, 07:03 PM
Sounds fun, I'm in :thumbs up:

badwolf340
10th August 2015, 07:05 PM
Sounds fun, I'm in :thumbs up:
Good man :thumbs up:

Eddie_JCW
10th August 2015, 07:26 PM
Can you add us please :)

badwolf340
10th August 2015, 07:39 PM
Can you add us please :)
Added :thumbs up:

Craig
10th August 2015, 07:49 PM
Yup! Crombers - get a day booked off work as you've wanted a visit here for years !!! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badwolf340
10th August 2015, 08:03 PM
Yup! Crombers - get a day booked off work as you've wanted a visit here for years !!! [emoji2]

Added Craig

D3 JDA
10th August 2015, 10:09 PM
Add us both ta

MINI William
11th August 2015, 06:22 AM
Add us both ta

Added

Crombers
11th August 2015, 07:02 AM
Cheers guys (re date) ......... count me in (Karen tbc) :thumbs up:

It's a great night out folks, pure raw racing. What about a beginners guide before the event so that any newbies can get a handle as to what's going on :D

MINI William
11th August 2015, 09:04 AM
Cheers guys (re date) ......... count me in (Karen tbc) :thumbs up:

It's a great night out folks, pure raw racing. What about a beginners guide before the event so that any newbies can get a handle as to what's going on :D

Added Crombers

Blueboy
11th August 2015, 05:20 PM
Just be wary where you park your cars, few years ago we were there and friend had his mint Golf severely vandalised down one side.

badwolf340
11th August 2015, 05:31 PM
Just be wary where you park your cars, few years ago we were there and friend had his mint Golf severely vandalised down one side.
Thanks for the heads up ....will not take one of the good cars then

badwolf340
2nd September 2015, 08:57 AM
Quick update ,we have contacted the racewall and we have got the group deal , which means that we will get 10 people in for the price of 8 ,if we get more members going the racewall will adjust the price.just waiting on an E mail from them confirming this .

MINI William
2nd September 2015, 11:16 AM
Looking forward to it already

Crombers
2nd September 2015, 01:30 PM
Good stuff :thumbs up:

badwolf340
22nd September 2015, 06:33 AM
Not long now ,just waiting on an E mail from the race wall

EcosseGP
22nd September 2015, 04:30 PM
For those heading on the 3.10.15 if it matters to anyone there's:
F2, Saloon Stocks, Stock Rods and Lightening Rods (non contact)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MINI William
22nd September 2015, 06:08 PM
Thanks Davy

Crombers
22nd September 2015, 07:03 PM
I've seen them contact :yes nod: there not supposed to but in the heat of the moment :motoring:

Tam1314
22nd September 2015, 07:50 PM
What about a beginners guide before the event so that any newbies can get a handle as to what's going on :D

The whole ethos of Stockcar Racing is Too many cars on to small a track.

It's all about close bumper to bumper racing. Some classes allow contact while some are strictly non contact.

The best drivers have to start at the back and work their way up the field. It's not like F1 where the fastest cars disappear into the distance.

Crombers
24th September 2015, 07:52 AM
The whole ethos of Stockcar Racing is Too many cars on to small a track.

It's all about close bumper to bumper racing. Some classes allow contact while some are strictly non contact.

The best drivers have to start at the back and work their way up the field. It's not like F1 where the fastest cars disappear into the distance.

Yup that pretty much sums up stock car racing :thumbs up: it was just a suggestion that gives anyone new to the sport a wee heads up :yes nod:

I've been to Cowdie many times before, & I'm just thinking that my first visit would have been in 1985 (in pre 'wall' days)

THAT WAS 30 YEARS AGO !! :thud::blink::huh: ..................... old fart that I am

Crombers
29th September 2015, 03:45 PM
& we are almost here already :excited:

Any plans for a meeting point? I've managed to 'borrow' Karen's Fiesta for Saturday so three spare seats for anyone not wanting to take their pride & joy (just don't tell Karen as the Fiesta is hers) up to the Racewall :thumbs up:

badwolf340
29th September 2015, 06:56 PM
Not sure where best to meet up ,but if anyone has any ideas ,still have not had a E mail back from Racewall ,so will have to phone them again :ragin:

Eddie_JCW
1st October 2015, 01:57 PM
Sorry guys can't make this one, this is the first event this year I've been unable to get to due to work :( gutted because I've never been before.

MINI William
1st October 2015, 04:46 PM
Sorry guys can't make this one, this is the first event this year I've been unable to get to due to work :( gutted because I've never been before.

No bother Eddie.

Can everyone else confirm that they can attened please?

DigitalLemming
1st October 2015, 05:35 PM
Yep and looking forward to it as well :thumbs up:

Crombers
1st October 2015, 05:45 PM
Me :smilewinkgrin:

cuddles
1st October 2015, 06:09 PM
Come on you lot should be a good night and loads of fun xx

Craig
1st October 2015, 06:28 PM
I'm a maybe William, please don't count me in the numbers, if I can make it I'll buy a ticket on the gate. Got viewings in Sat for the house and my sis is out so I'm it.... I'll be there if I can :)

badwolf340
2nd October 2015, 05:46 AM
Racing starts at 6.00pm some of the people going need as much time as poss (due to work) to get there ,so if it's ok could we meet at 5.45 outside the turnstiles so we can all go In together .due to numbers being down ,if we can't get over 10 people we will have to pay full price (as stated in first post)

EcosseGP
2nd October 2015, 06:41 AM
I'll be there all going well too I just need to try and sneak away from work early ;)

Crombers
2nd October 2015, 07:54 AM
I'll be there all going well too I just need to try and sneak away from work early ;)

Super stuff :thumbs up:

Crombers
2nd October 2015, 06:36 PM
If I recall it can get a bit chilly in the salubrious surroundings of Central Park so a good idea is to bring along a flask (most folk do, some even bring along a traveling rug) to retain some body heat. Food & beverages are available but don't expect fine dining lol, so another Cowdie thing to do is to bring some munchies along :popcorn::thumbs up:

badwolf340
2nd October 2015, 07:31 PM
If I recall it can get a bit chilly in the salubrious surroundings of Central Park so a good idea is to bring along a flask (most folk do, some even bring along a traveling rug) to retain some body heat. Food & beverages are available but don't expect fine dining lol, so another Cowdie thing to do is to bring some munchies along :popcorn::thumbs up:

all I want is a hot pie and a Bovril :yes nod:

Crombers
2nd October 2015, 10:07 PM
all I want is a hot pie and a Bovril :yes nod:

Your sorted then :thumbs up:

D3 JDA
2nd October 2015, 10:19 PM
We will still be there meet u up there

MINI William
3rd October 2015, 08:36 AM
Really looking forward to tonight

badwolf340
3rd October 2015, 01:41 PM
The countdown is on

DarnShiv
3rd October 2015, 06:10 PM
Enjoy guys:mclaren::mclaren:

Crombers
3rd October 2015, 11:53 PM
Good to meet up again with the usual suspects. Unfortunately we probably picked one of the poorest cards on the calendar, outwith Saloons & F2's. On the plus side I did get to meet the legendary ex World Champion, Ernie Burgoyne (cheers Dave & if we nip up again can you arrange for the iconic Harry '68' Burgoyne to be there lol) & it was great to see that the family dynasty is alive & well with Chris 'Eddie' Burgoyne winning 3 F2 races.

Oh & it wasn't even that cold and ............ it's he first time ever that I've seen someone nod off whilst only 25 odd feet away from screaming Ford Pinto 2 Litre engines ...............

Megan :yes nod::rolleyes:

badwolf340
4th October 2015, 08:24 AM
Really enjoyed last night ......a few of us got the official "Enough" quote last night :blush: but all in fun and a few laughs (as usual) forgot how much fun the stockies are, and if that was a not busy night ,how much more action do you get on a busy nights racing ,we had cars getting pushed round sideways in front of us ,cars on their roofs ,and bangs galore :yes nod: excellent night ,thanks to all :thumbs up:

MINI William
4th October 2015, 09:38 AM
A truly fantastic night filled with great laughs from some of the usual suspects. Great racing with plenty of action some right in front of us. Roll on the next time

Borvad
4th October 2015, 11:09 AM
Missed this......sounds like fun though.
Never heard of it before.

How often is it on? I need to get along to a meet somewhere and show face

badwolf340
4th October 2015, 02:06 PM
Missed this......sounds like fun though.
Never heard of it before.

How often is it on? I need to get along to a meet somewhere and show face
The race wall is on every week and just keep an eye on the social and meets section for the next time we go up

EcosseGP
4th October 2015, 09:28 PM
^^^ yeah it's on most Saturday's and then you can get more racing at Lochgelly on the Sunday.
Great night out as usual with the gang that made it through. Pity we were one short for the concession price but maybe next time. As everyone has said a good nights racing and a bit of banter thrown in too.
Crombers not a problem and had I known you were a big Harry fan I'd have got him to pop up with the gang, maybe next time. Eddie and 647 was certainly on form last night but got too much of a handicap in the final to take the win.
Glad everyone had a good night out and like was mentioned it was still entertaining despite it being a poorer race card than usual.
Anyway for now "enough" is "enough" ... lol.
Cheers for another great night out and to the lads racing for the entertainment ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DigitalLemming
4th October 2015, 09:57 PM
Had a great time last night, will definitely be back sometime soon especially if that was a poorer race night.

I took a wee slow mo video which happened to catch a crash, can't remember which race this was in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LoA9ft_aOI

Magoo
4th October 2015, 10:08 PM
I didnt fall asleep!!... just resting my eyes! Nah i was freezing and huddling for heat lol first time at stockcars and well im not sure, got better but maybe an evening with monster trunks next time?? :)

Tam1314
24th June 2017, 08:19 PM
Just looking at old posts l have "participated" in and incase anyone is interested in going again, the Racewall has a huge meeting on 19th and 20th August with F2 and Saloons racing on the Saturday night so plenty of close racing and lots of contact. It's also the World Championship for the Saloons so there will be lots of English and Irish drivers up.