PDA

View Full Version : Coloured footwell lights

Wul
16th May 2003, 05:16 PM
put a pair of red ones in last night - they look pretty smart IMHO and are pretty close to the orange dash lights. Sory about the picture folks!:I

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=370646&t=2335#post370646
:cool::cool:

lightbody
16th May 2003, 06:47 PM
Looks OK! Surprisingly!

What sort of bulbs are they and how easy are they to get/fit?

Wul
16th May 2003, 06:56 PM
They are 12V5W "push in" type filament bulbs marked E1 -took a min to change

locate the footwell light and push fitting out from the rear, then gently pullout the bulb( iused the lid of a bic biro to gently lever it at the same time, change and reverse the process!

I got them from A1 Autostores in Bathgate but i'm sure some of the Glasgow car stores will do them too, Autobar was the make £2.99 for the pair and they also do them in Green, Blue, and Mauve.

the green ones might match your BRG MINI quiet nicely.

3GGG
16th May 2003, 09:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

put a pair of red ones in last night - they look pretty smart IMHO and are pretty close to the orange dash lights. Sory about the picture folks!:I

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=370646&t=2335#post370646
:cool::cool:

Are you planning on developing your films inside the mini or something?:D

Wul
16th May 2003, 09:57 PM
:D

If you look at the photo i posted it looks that way already!;)

Linda M
17th May 2003, 12:40 AM
Looks :cool: Wul !
Just stay away from red light districts :D:I:D

Monsta Mo Mini
17th May 2003, 02:58 AM
Stay well away from Leith Links if I were you;):D

macblob
13th June 2003, 11:13 PM
Cool, the lights look good, i quite fancy blue ones.

Monsta i thought the hookers had moved away from leith links

doh!!!!!

have i said to much lol

Wul
3rd July 2003, 04:56 PM
Was in Halfords at Straiton last night - they stock ORANGE bulbs for the interior lights! They don't stock any other colours as far as i could see!

May have to return and purchase a set - £2.99 a pair.

mgemie
11th February 2004, 08:35 AM
After following this thread over onto mini2.com i've been hooked onto the idea. Blue footwell lights to match my IB/IB MO - sweet. now all i've got to do is find blue lights....<runs away and graps maplin catalogue and then thinks about driving off to halfords> mmmmmm...:D:D:cool::)

mgemie
11th February 2004, 08:37 AM
i found the correct 12v 5w bulbs required for this 'mod', yet maplin only do them in white as far as i can see....<runs off to continue the hunt>....

mgemie
11th February 2004, 08:40 AM

They are 12V5W "push in" type filament bulbs marked E1 -took a min to change

locate the footwell light and push fitting out from the rear, then gently pullout the bulb( iused the lid of a bic biro to gently lever it at the same time, change and reverse the process!

I got them from A1 Autostores in Bathgate but i'm sure some of the Glasgow car stores will do them too, Autobar was the make £2.99 for the pair and they also do them in Green, Blue, and Mauve.

the green ones might match your BRG MINI quiet nicely.

Do A1 Autostores have a website? I quite fancy a blue pair but where, oh where to buy them.....lol

Mini Martyn
11th February 2004, 04:23 PM
Ive got blue in my footwell looks cool, alot better than the standard ones!! :D

Gismo
11th February 2004, 04:30 PM
I'm sure mikeythemini would be able to get you the correct colour of bulbs to match your car ;)

Wul
11th February 2004, 10:45 PM
mgemie - A1 do have a website but it doesn't do mail order :( Was there last week and coulda got you a set but won't be there for a while now!

I'd try phoning round a few local places with the type of bulb or call A1 (look up www.yell.com) and see if they'll post you a set.

Or as BS says - email Mikeythemini - but he's away skiing in italy just now so may not reply for a few days!

mgemie
12th February 2004, 01:40 AM
ok Wul, i'm in glasgow the rest of the week so i'l have a look round a few shops - maybe maplin do them....worth a try i think.

The hunt shall continue..<mgemie runs off out the front door grabbing the crossbow and wolfskin jerkin on the way past, jumps in the mini and zooms off into the sunset>

:D

mgemie
15th February 2004, 07:07 PM
Mission accomplished. My MO now features dark blue interior lighting...and the effect is sweet:p:D especially when locking/unlocking car at night!

Wul
15th February 2004, 07:13 PM
Did you just get footwell bulbs or the overhead light too?

mgemie
15th February 2004, 07:23 PM

Did you just get footwell bulbs or the overhead light too?

i changed both footwell lights and the overhead light. However, i decided to leave the two side reading lights 'as normal' since blue lights aint too good for reading in the dark! lol!