PDA

View Full Version : G-Wing

CraigR53
4th August 2015, 07:09 PM
So i've successfully found my self a G-Wing from Millsys Autos down south, I see a few members I'm friends with on Facebook have liked the page so I'm assuming its going to be good quality?

Having no tools means fitting might be a hassle and I don't particularly want to mess it up, is there anyone on here that would be willing to help me out with fitment??? ( I will travel far and wide :motoring: )

Lastly, I'm having an awful time trying to decide wither the accompanying Cooper spoiler should go gloss black with the G-Wing or keep it Dark Silver, HELP. Or wither I should just take the Coop S spoiler off and replace it with the G-Wing, I can't seem to find any pictures online with the Coop + G-Wing Spoilers on together.

stoney
4th August 2015, 07:46 PM
Craig mills auto are the genuine ones he worked along side Rich fitting the wings ect for him
I can also help you fit the spoiler you have to remove your S spoiler tho and go for a cooper spoiler if you want a to run both in think it looks good with both

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

CraigR53
4th August 2015, 07:53 PM
Awh brilliant I'm happy it's going to be good then [emoji106]🏽

Rob that would be an awesome help, I'd really appreciate it!

Any input on cooper spoiler colour? It's difficult because my roof is Dark Silver too so I don't know if it should match the G-Wing or the roof colour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoney
4th August 2015, 07:53 PM
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk54/platty30/wing20out20of20box.jpg

here you go gwing with cooper spoiler

CraigR53
4th August 2015, 07:54 PM
Does it fit exactly like that with the r53 rob?

stoney
4th August 2015, 08:15 PM
http://www.minitorque.com/forum/f23/g-wing-spoiler-left-41058/

Think this it the R53 I have a cooper Areo spoiler there we could see if that fits along with it if you want it's black

EcosseGP
4th August 2015, 10:05 PM
Craig how did you manage to get it ? I spoke to Jason and he wouldn't post it ... Has he posted yours ?

CraigR53
4th August 2015, 11:56 PM
I got put on a waiting list and got a text this morning asking if I wanted one, said they were coming in on the 8th to which I said yes immediately! Hopefully it isn't a pick up jobby... [emoji27]

CraigR53
4th August 2015, 11:58 PM
Also rob, would the aero fit? What's the difference?

MINI William
5th August 2015, 07:08 AM
Craig mills auto are the genuine ones he worked along side Rich fitting the wings ect for him
I can also help you fit the spoiler you have to remove your S spoiler tho and go for a cooper spoiler if you want a to run both in think it looks good with both

Ive seen you with a set of tools in hand :popcorn:

MINI William
5th August 2015, 07:09 AM
Also rob, would the aero fit? What's the difference?

Thr aero spoiler comes out quite far would be better with a Cooper spoiler

MINI William
5th August 2015, 07:15 AM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u122/miniwilliam/DDBED4F0-B58B-4588-B62C-BC40A2542D95_zps8a8obtus.jpg (http://s167.photobucket.com/user/miniwilliam/media/DDBED4F0-B58B-4588-B62C-BC40A2542D95_zps8a8obtus.jpg.html)

stoney
5th August 2015, 07:19 AM
The Wings are pick up only as far as I know and i don't know if the areo one will fit we would have to test it first

Jo1989ke
5th August 2015, 07:29 AM
As far as I read orrange is going to be re opining once they have time to greave can't wait to get one myself [emoji106]

CraigR53
5th August 2015, 07:56 AM
Awh I hope I can arrange a courier or something, hope I haven't got my hopes up for nothing :(

EcosseGP
5th August 2015, 01:50 PM
Craig like I said I spoke to Jason and he did say that he would not post its collection only but I've got my fingers crossed for you.
I'm sure but not 100% positive that the G Wing will not fit with the S spoiler in place. I'd preempted that and managed to acquire a spoiler in case I ever get one ! That's stashed in the parts bin ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CraigR53
5th August 2015, 05:12 PM
I'll wait until he contacts me again and if it is the case maybe I can ask very very nicely and arrange a courier [emoji17]

DigitalLemming
5th August 2015, 05:28 PM
If he says he won't allow a courier what about collecting at MITP next week?

CraigR53
5th August 2015, 05:30 PM
I don't know if I can go, I'm trying to get the time off work but maybe I might just have to say sod work, it is a G-Wing after all, also not the first time *cough* mega mini meet *cough*

Blueboy
8th August 2015, 06:38 AM
Got my name down for the next batch due in a few weeks he said

CraigR53
8th August 2015, 06:32 PM
Did he say anything about posting it?

Blueboy
9th August 2015, 11:53 PM
No, the last time I had my name down for one, he won't post, I was just going to do a wee road trip for one as he's open on a Sat morning, but the car I lined up fell through so I cancelled the order. Just going to pick up next time though as hope to have a 53 S soon. Not far!

CraigR53
9th August 2015, 11:55 PM
I'm thinking of just going for a road trip down to see family and maybe incorporate Mini In The Park seeing as it's down the same way, Im determined to get one!

Blueboy
16th August 2015, 07:50 PM
Did you get one, I've just had an email telling me that next batch is in but going to be tight getting down as I'm going on holiday and not back till 2/9!

CraigR53
16th August 2015, 07:57 PM
I picked it up today at MITP, very happy :)

MINI William
16th August 2015, 08:32 PM
Great Craig, looking forward to seeing it fitted

CraigR53
16th August 2015, 11:20 PM
Did you get one, I've just had an email telling me that next batch is in but going to be tight getting down as I'm going on holiday and not back till 2/9!

Did you have one reserved? Could have picked it up for you roll today just realised!!!!

Blueboy
17th August 2015, 12:50 AM
Just got the email on Saturday, and as going on holiday soon leaves me a tight window to go down and get them so seeing if I can get someone to pick then up for me and post them as he won't post them. Are they very fragile, as he won't post them, just wondering?
cheers

CraigR53
17th August 2015, 02:22 PM
I got told about it on Saturday too, booked half hour later and made it to my hotel at midnight, that's a shame I would have picked one up if I had thought about it!

I'm not sure why they won't post, don't think its for fragil reasons

stoney
17th August 2015, 03:04 PM
Guys there is a post on MT about them they are now posting them as orrainje is really opening with Rich mates running it

Blueboy
17th August 2015, 04:19 PM
Cheers Rob, I'll have a shifty

- - - Updated - - -

Seems a tad confusing here, supplier on MT are delivering to all corners of the world but just messaged Millsys Autos and he says he doesn't deliver due to a few reasons, sounds like two different sources here, and I'm struggling to get down atm due to holidays coming up! :argh:
cheers

- - - Updated - - -

All understood now after speaking to Millsys. They are a batch that they ordered off Richie when he was ill to help him out, the other guy Oli must have worked with him and they are starting to produce them again with first run sold out. I can get one delivered to the Mini show at Staffordshire if someone could pick it up for me, although I know they might be too big for folk to put in an already packed car, let me know if you can help
cheers Paul

CraigR53
17th August 2015, 04:20 PM
I think I'm heading to the Big Mini show and wouldn't be a problem to help you out there [emoji106]🏽

MINI William
17th August 2015, 04:21 PM
Why not come down and join in and have your car on the NMS stand

Blueboy
17th August 2015, 04:38 PM
Cause I'm still looking for one :blush: in the middle of house purchase so moneys tight, and got to watch the pennies but been looking at a few. Just looking for a cheap one to spend a few pennies on mods, got set of ST XTA's coming courtesy of KW and set of 1552 Tarmacs hopefully or set of Bola's so just trying to gather parts at the moment. Also saving for new Harley Davidson as well as miss my last one!

Thanks for the offer there Craig, I'll get back to Millsy and pay for it
cheers Paul

CraigR53
17th August 2015, 04:39 PM
Tarmacs!!! That's been my plan but I can't fund them yet! Can't wait to see them!

Blueboy
19th August 2015, 05:35 AM
I've paid for the spoiler Craig so that would be great if you could collect for me, I've told Millsy that it would be picked up at show and I'll get his number so that he can meet up with you, thanks again

CraigR53
24th August 2015, 04:55 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u122/miniwilliam/DDBED4F0-B58B-4588-B62C-BC40A2542D95_zps8a8obtus.jpg (http://s167.photobucket.com/user/miniwilliam/media/DDBED4F0-B58B-4588-B62C-BC40A2542D95_zps8a8obtus.jpg.html)

Is this on the GP William? Or r56/53?

MINI William
24th August 2015, 06:44 PM
That's an R53 not a GP