PDA

View Full Version : Eastern

Vosh
16th September 2004, 07:23 AM
Anyone have problems getting them to call you back? I've called four times now and been told who I want to speak to and anyone else for that matter is busy. I've left messages and never had them returned.

Trying again tomorow and going by the last four calls that, on my behalf, have got less and less polite each time, someone could an earful.

Want my seats fixed... :mad::mad::mad:

Steve74
16th September 2004, 06:00 PM
Dont get me started on Eastern! I had numerous problems with the service department being in my own personal opinion absolutely useless at dealing with problems. They were in my opinion rude and did not fix the problem 4 times on my car - it ended in me having to send a letter rejecting the car and having a meeting with the Dealer Principal before anything happened! I changed to Dunedin and they are excellent - James is a wee star and they go out of their way to help you, unlike Eastern. Shame as I bought the car from Greg at Eastern who was really nice.

Wul
16th September 2004, 07:54 PM
Funny - I had the opposite experience - Dunedin mucked me about so switched to Easterna and had no probs!

Try getting the name of the top man and speak to him - failing that start taking notes of the calls/ visits then write a letter to MINI cust services cc'ing the dealer and see what happens - i have all the relevant deatils/ addresses/ email addresses if your require them.

The best advice though is not to get angry on the phone - keep calm and talk straight as they then can't complain that you were abusive to them!

Vosh
16th September 2004, 07:58 PM
Finally got to speak to someone. She told me to phone the service department. See what happens now...

KenL
17th September 2004, 05:41 AM
The service guy I dealt with David McDonald was always good and answered my emails etc. I'm not convinced their mechanics were much good though as several faults took a few goes to fix and they returned my car after replacing the steering column with scratches on the wheel and it was also way off-centre.

I switched to Dundedin towards the end and they seemed better.