PDA

View Full Version : "One ball" .......

Farky
17th July 2015, 09:44 AM
Im thinking of getting the One Ball mod done to my car, the right silencer looks a little tatty anyway. Is there much difference in the sound? Any performance gains?
I'd get a Stainless system but funds are limited at the moment.
Anywhere in edinburgh or surrounding areas that would be happy to do the job?

Oh and this one doesnt seem to pop n bang on overrun, i seem to rememeber my 54plate one years ago poped n banged!!

badwolf340
17th July 2015, 11:47 AM
Stainless creations have been used by a few on here with good results,they are in Falkirk

Farky
17th July 2015, 12:39 PM
Stainless creations have been used by a few on here with good results,they are in Falkirk

Thanks mate, i'll give them a call. Just doesnt sound as good as my last one.....especially the poppin n banging

MINI William
17th July 2015, 12:47 PM
As above Stainless Creations have done alot of work for people on here

Farky
17th July 2015, 04:31 PM
Will need to pay them a visit soon then.....like i said, no burbling or poppin on this one, my last one did with even the standard exhaust!
Are the reduced pulleys worth while too? Is the whine louder with one?

bpirie1000
17th July 2015, 04:34 PM
Whine remains the same but smaller pulley gives more charge and more power... Does increase slightly but it is what it is...

Go go for it...even try a filter first cheaper and easier to change back it your no keen..

Farky
17th July 2015, 05:01 PM
Whine remains the same but smaller pulley gives more charge and more power... Does increase slightly but it is what it is...

Go go for it...even try a filter first cheaper and easier to change back it your no keen..

Filter as in panel or induction? What would you recommend mate?

EcosseGP
17th July 2015, 07:08 PM
Exhaust I think is a bit hit n miss noise wise if you're having a custom system built. The one on my blue S I thought was quieter than the original inside the car but had a wee rumble outside it.
Single back box will certainly be louder ... not too sure about pops n bangs.
The smaller pulley will make no difference to the noise ... but a different air box or filter would. I'll post the spec on mine after the weekend which has an addictive if a little loud exhaust note :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Farky
17th July 2015, 08:02 PM
Exhaust I think is a bit hit n miss noise wise if you're having a custom system built. The one on my blue S I thought was quieter than the original inside the car but had a wee rumble outside it.
Single back box will certainly be louder ... not too sure about pops n bangs.
The smaller pulley will make no difference to the noise ... but a different air box or filter would. I'll post the spec on mine after the weekend which has an addictive if a little loud exhaust note :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would even a replacement air filter in the standard box make a difference to noise?

stoney
17th July 2015, 09:27 PM
Would even a replacement air filter in the standard box make a difference to noise?

I would think so not a huge amount but will make some difference I would think [emoji106]🏻[emoji41]