PDA

View Full Version : Carbon stuff

Fontal
15th September 2004, 10:36 PM
Does anybody know of the company that sells the carbon parts for the MINI like the mirror caps, boot catch and possibly the 'S' spoiler?

Cheers Fontal

Steve74
15th September 2004, 10:39 PM
Try looking here - you should find it easy

http://www.mini2.com/forum/search.php?searchid=723852

MartinSullivan
15th September 2004, 11:04 PM
Try here

CTD-Design (http://www.coopertuning.de/shop_e/index.php)

:D

Willie M
16th September 2004, 04:08 PM
I got my bonnet scoop from Play Mini. When I spoke to the guy back then he was saying they were going to be doing more CF stuff in the future. Might be worth a look.

Fontal
16th September 2004, 05:06 PM
Will do Willie cheers you don't know what the quality of their mirror covers are like do you?

All depending on price I may even go for a bonnet, paint it and leave the stripes unpainted :D

Big Gordy
16th September 2004, 06:51 PM
Wow a carbon bonnet how cool would that be:D but don't paint it man:dead: I've seen them advertised in the states and they look the dogs dangly bits :p Would look superb on a yellur mini :p:D:approve:

Fontal
16th September 2004, 06:59 PM
I plan on leaving the stripes unpainted so you can still see the carbon but I think that having a completely black bonnet would look strange.

Play MINI have just told me that they are building an ultra light track MINI with carbon fiber bonnet, boot lid, doors and A pannels (which I think is the area between the front wheels and doors) he told me to watch the web site for the next couple of months and it will be released :D

Big Gordy
16th September 2004, 07:19 PM
Yeh I would agree if it was just plain black on your red mowta but this is carbon :D I think it would look awsome left unpainted. Some colours realy suit carbon bonnets. Yellow,red and baby blue IMHO. Maybe a bit to fast and furious for some tho':p:D:approve:

Fontal
16th September 2004, 07:25 PM
Well we'll have to wait and see if I can afford it first.

Big Gordy
16th September 2004, 07:54 PM
Yeh they were really expensive in the states if my memory serves me well :eek: