PDA

View Full Version : New mini mad man!

Mini mad
15th July 2015, 09:21 PM
Hi all.
I have just joined the site and trying to find my feet.
My 2011 Cooper SD is currently going through a make over between engine work and JCW body kit to be fitted.
I'm quite handy with a spanner but with modern cars having plastic clips and screws etc I'm not sure where to start.
The front bumper doesn't look too difficult but the side skirts look a bit more tricky.
Any ideas?

Ps: if any one else has been busy tuning an SD get intouch. We haven't finished on the engine but so far it's pushing out 214bhp on the dyno. We reckon it's good for 250-300bhp.

Gismo
15th July 2015, 09:32 PM
Nice power gain
:welcome:

stoney
15th July 2015, 10:09 PM
Welcome

The side skirts are easy but you will need new clips there is a thread about it JCW skirts and clips have a look at that one [emoji106]🏻

That's some good power your getting what mods have you done ?

Mini mad
15th July 2015, 10:31 PM
Hi, thanks for the info.
The car has been heavily modified. Forge intercooler, forge induction kit, DPF removal, custom turbo by CR turbo's, modified exhaust so it's running 2 inches all the way from manifold to resonator. Stage 3 tune. All engine mods carried out by Eco tune in Glasgow. Suspension all new bilstein with JCW big brake upgrade.
Once the cars finished I'll shove up some pics.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, thanks!

EcosseGP
15th July 2015, 10:32 PM
Welcome along. Sounds like it's a quick SD that's for sure ... Can't wait to see what you've done to it once you finished ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mini mad
15th July 2015, 10:37 PM
Thanks, it's a fun wee car. Will shove up some pics once I've finished. Hope to do a few track days before the end of the year.

Crombers
16th July 2015, 07:31 PM
Welcome to NMSland :saltireflag:

badwolf340
16th July 2015, 07:38 PM
:welcome: Nice to hear about a SD getting work done ,any Torque figures ?

MINI William
16th July 2015, 09:47 PM
Welcome to NMS. Great to hear that someone is doing something with an SD

Mini mad
16th July 2015, 10:29 PM
Hi, yeah not many seem to tune the SD. The max torque is 321.8 ft-lbs.
The guys at Eco tune have worked wonders. More power to come soon!