PDA

View Full Version : Car parts and accessories.....

CiderFex
14th July 2015, 02:22 PM
Just a word of warning to you all.

As most of you are aware we were burgled the other week and amongst other things my OEM JCW R107 wheels were taken.
"Car parts and accessories stored in the house are not covered by home insurance" and they are only covered on your car insurance "if the parts or accessories are fitted to the car insured at the time they are stolen".

If you have any car parts or accessories in the house hide them VERY well and check your insurance policies to see if they are covered.

...enjoy the journey.

Craig
14th July 2015, 03:34 PM
That is tragic news Pete... Very very sad that your original wheels will not be replaced by the insurance :(. Fingers crossed they turn up for sale and they catch the feckers :)

Thanks for the heads up tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MINI William
14th July 2015, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the heads up Pete. Sad new as Craig has said that your wheels won't be getting replaced under ypur insurance

badwolf340
14th July 2015, 06:18 PM
never thought of that , its bad enough that you have lost ,but then to be told it's not covered :ragin:

stoney
14th July 2015, 06:55 PM
That's crap Pete I here'd of some thing along the same lines years back now !!

zimbo
14th July 2015, 10:12 PM
Sorry to read this Pete.
Damn insurance companies will do anything to get your hard earned cash ...but be damned if you ever have to make a claim!! :frown:

EcosseGP
14th July 2015, 11:40 PM
Gutted isn't the word Pete ... I'm not too sure how they can do that though sure,t it's up to us and if we want to keep stuff in the house or vice versa then it's our prerogative ! Insurance companies fecking hate them lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CiderFex
15th July 2015, 07:24 AM
Thanks all but if others can benefit and be more thoughtful where they stash stuff because of my loss it's not all bad.

Luckily I do have a spare set of OEM GP wheels, not the point I know, which are now well hidden away in the vaults of Mansion Morgan.

...enjoy the journey.