PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Go-Karting 27th December

Big Gordy
15th September 2004, 06:34 PM
I know a guy who is just about to open a new karting track in Larbert and wondered if there would be any interest in maybe going during the Christmas / New Year break :question: Everything is brand spanking new (well it will be at the end of the month when he opens for business ;)) His Karts are German 200cc jobbies I think. If there's enough interest I can find out more info and see about a discount :p:D:approve:

Date now picked : Monday Afternoon 27th December

Here's who's coming:-
1) Big Gordy + Mad Maxxer + 2 4 deposits paid
2) Tahra + J - 2 deposits paid
3) Julz + laddie 2 deposits paid
4) WillieM + one - one deposit paid
5) Zimbo - deposit paid
6) Broken Brian + one - 2 deposits paid
7) Duncan - deposit paid
8) Wul + 2 - one deposit paid
9) l-n-l - deposit paid

email me on gstewart1960@hotmail.com for paypal deposit thingy :)
Edit - stickified

This is for lnl ;)
If we could meet for this 'extravaganza' in the car park at the Falkirk Wheel at approx 1.15pm that would be gggggggggrrrrreeeaaattt
The karting place is only 5mins away and the mayhem is scheduled to start at 2pm finishing at about 4pm. I was planning on heading to the karting at about 1.35pm as when we get there we'll have to get suited and helmeted up. This could take some time as we trying to find romper suits small enough for Ewan and Julz:D Any questions? No? Good :D See you there then:p:D:approve:

GAJ
15th September 2004, 06:38 PM
Sounds like a laff! I've never been karting before though so we will find out how crap I am at it a week on Sunday! Put me down as a provisional Aye!

Julz
15th September 2004, 06:49 PM
Oh why not, put me and me laddie doon please!!;)

Gismo
15th September 2004, 06:56 PM
Just waiting on details of the festive run ;) but, assuming it's inside (brr) then yes i'd like to be included

The Dogfather
15th September 2004, 07:05 PM
Might be interested in coming along as well!

Scottie
15th September 2004, 07:27 PM
Depends on when it is. Where in Larbert is that then.

Burple
15th September 2004, 07:30 PM
Yo! Big G-Man... Put us two down too!! :):p:D:D:cool:

Big Gordy
15th September 2004, 07:45 PM
Ohhh God what have I done :eek:
I'll edit the first post with a list OK
Right,is everybody off between Christmas and New year :question:
It's in an Industrial unit in the Lochlands Industrial estate in Larbert. I was thinking of meeting at the 'Falkirk Wheel'car park as its only 5mins from the track :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
15th September 2004, 07:59 PM
Hang on l-n-l. Stand still I'll get ma gun :p:D:approve:

Big Col
15th September 2004, 08:01 PM
He better stand still. You've no chance of 'ittin that we buggar if he's movin'.

GAJ
15th September 2004, 08:04 PM
Dunno! Ouzzi 9mm!

Willie M
15th September 2004, 08:14 PM
I'd certainly be interested, probably just myself though. Linda wouldn't want to humiliate yooz all :clown:

Willie M
15th September 2004, 08:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Just waiting on details of the festive run ;)
Aye, very smart ya gonk that ye are ;) May need to pull an organising committee together this year, honestly don't know if we'll have the time to sort it or not. Will start a new thread at a later date.

Big Gordy
15th September 2004, 08:36 PM
Right lads and lassies here's the script:cool:
He has a website www.falkirkgokarting.com
Its £32.50 during the day with no number limit or £37.50 for 6pm till when it finishes with 30 people minimum.
50% deposit 2 weeks after booking (but he will be flexible) he is also in the process of setting up a paypal type thingy for groups to pay into which is cool:)
he hopes Christmas will be busy so lets see about picking a date as soon as possible to avoid disappointment :p:D:approve:

Julz
15th September 2004, 09:55 PM
Well I'm off from the 17th Dec. til the 3rd Jan!!

Burple
15th September 2004, 09:56 PM
Oooooh, Double teaming by the big lads eh??
'Moan then the both of youse!
<Digs out 'Ankle-Biters' (tm) and Anti-Knee-Helmet from the cupboard under the stairs>

Heh... and there was me waiting on the 'Your mother was a Hamster' jokes... ;):D

Oh yeah... I'm off over Chrimbo and stuff too :p:D

Dunno if I fancy Scootin' aboot on 200cc of German Jobbie tho... ;):p:eek:

Big Gordy
15th September 2004, 10:07 PM
:eek:Off from the 17th - shocking:eek: Anytime will do you then;) :p:D:approve:

Julz
15th September 2004, 10:12 PM
Cheeky!!:eek: I'm actually taking an extra week as annual leave or maternity leave as the case may be as the weekend of the 17th should be when I pick up my new baby puddy cat (who hasn't even been born yet!!):I:D

zimbo
15th September 2004, 10:57 PM
DOH!!! Well I'm off from the 19 Nov - 3 Jan and will be in Oz...:D:p Will be back before Christmas tho, so depending on dates can you please put me down as a maybe Mr B.G thank you.

Eggy7496
15th September 2004, 11:54 PM
can i be put down as a maybe please?

Big Gordy
16th September 2004, 12:04 AM
:dead:Eeeugh someone stickified my post. I'll need to go and wash my hands now :p:D:approve:

broken_brian
16th September 2004, 12:57 AM
woo hoo put me in for a maybe plus one

duncan
16th September 2004, 05:59 PM
Put me down for a Maybe. Don't know what the Christmas time roster is yet.

Wul
16th September 2004, 08:01 PM
Stick me down as a maybe too please Big G! Usually work a few days in between xmas and new year but might be able to wangle it!

Sits back and waits for the torrent of abuse to start![:blackeye:

Big Gordy
16th September 2004, 08:36 PM
Wul I have every faith you will turn up just because its me thats organising it :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
16th September 2004, 08:43 PM
Someone will have to pick a date so here goes :p
How does the afternoon of Monday 27th December sound. Most of us should still be off as Christmas is on the Saturday.If we pick an afternoon then the numbers aren't critical and its a bit cheaper for everyone ;) How does that sound :question: :p:D:approve:

Eggy7496
16th September 2004, 08:46 PM
yeah ats good for me

Willie M
17th September 2004, 04:16 PM
Monday 27th fine with me Big G :approve:

john
17th September 2004, 04:19 PM
I would like to be added to this list too:)

frizzie__kizzie
20th September 2004, 09:56 PM
Hmm...karting isn't quite my thing although it sounds like good fun. Don't suppose there's any room in the car for me to come and watch, daddy?

:I:clown::kiss:

zimbo
21st September 2004, 01:00 AM
27th should be fine for me... :D

Duncan Stewart
21st September 2004, 05:02 AM
Great idea. Deffo come if dates fit. Cheers

Tahra
23rd September 2004, 09:57 PM
Hey Gordy, since we're having to pull out of this weekend's run put us down as probables for this one. Maybe I can beat J round the track after all. Julz and I can compare kitten photos...our new addition has just reached nine weeks old and already is a total torag - but cuter than cute of course !

Big Gordy
28th September 2004, 09:13 PM
I was down at this place yesterday and it's going to be awsome when it's finished :D He's sand blasting the concrete floor right now so it's nice and grippy but the unit is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge:eek:
2 of his karts are going to be outside Boots in the Stirling shopping centre this Saturday if anyone wants to see them.
I've asked him to provisionally book the afternoon of December 27th but as usual he's looking for 50% of the fee soon :( He normally wants it within 7 days of booking but has given me until the end of November to get it too him :) I know Wul used paypal. Is it still available:question: If so could I use this option for this event:question:If so how do I go about it:question: :p:D:approve:

Julz
28th September 2004, 10:25 PM
The PayPal facility is still available, but that's as much as I can give you as I have been unable to set up my events account as my pc is still in the flat until we get broadband at home and I can't set up the account on my work pc or I'd get a row from myself! (I'm in charge of IT here!);)

weefozzy Jr
30th September 2004, 05:45 PM
Put me down for a place + one :D, have to find another mate(raceland member) to help me.:D:p:p

Wul
30th September 2004, 06:46 PM
Big G - the events paypal account worked fine - email Calum to check it's ok. :)

broken_brian
30th September 2004, 07:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by weefozzy Jr

Put me down for a place + one :D, have to find another mate(raceland member) to help me.:D:p:p

are you going to get them to teach you how to do a lap without spinning :p:clown::blackeye:

Eggy7496
30th September 2004, 08:45 PM
hehe, mmm i'll be chasin another win hopefully, lol

Julz
30th September 2004, 10:02 PM
Can we please make sure there is insurance as I broke a nail the last time and got no compensation!!:mad:

Eggy7496
30th September 2004, 10:22 PM
hehe, ats one less too bite julz:D;)

Big Gordy
1st October 2004, 02:06 AM
Ooooooops:I He's given me until the end of OCTOBER to pay not November. Sorry :dead:
Can anybody give me any info on the paypal account:blackeye: I've tried contacting Calum but he's not speaking to me:( :p:D:approve:

Wul
1st October 2004, 04:02 PM
Big G - i'm sure one of the all-powerful moderators will be along shortly! They should be able to change the password on the account so that only you and they can access it - i've removed my bank details from the account so it's ready to roll again! :D

BTW BigG - what's the damage for the deposit?

Julz
1st October 2004, 04:09 PM
I would if I could, but seeing as I only have internet access at work at the mo, I can't create new accounts through outlook as is required for such a task, I'm sure Bonnie Scotland will be able to help, when he appears!!;):clown:

Big Gordy
1st October 2004, 04:12 PM
Wul he's looking for half up front (£16.50) by the end of October. That would leave £16 to pay nearer the time :p:D:approve:

Wul
1st October 2004, 04:31 PM
Julz - no need for outlook - log on to the nms paypal account - change the password then email the mods and Big G with the new log-in details - easy :)

if you've forgotten the old password - i can email it to you if you want't? :eek:

BigG - that sounds pretty reasonable ol' chap :D

Julz
1st October 2004, 05:19 PM
Wul, I tried that but I'm either being very thick or the password has been changed!:clown::I

Wul
1st October 2004, 05:29 PM
Julz - you have mail!

:D

Big Gordy
1st October 2004, 05:32 PM
I suppose I could use my own paypal account if I'm stuck :p:D:approve:

Julz
1st October 2004, 05:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Julz - you have mail!

Yup, that's what I've been trying!:evil:

Big Gordy
1st October 2004, 05:39 PM
Wul pm me you phone number as I've no idea how this paypal account thing works :I :p:D:approve:

Wul
1st October 2004, 05:56 PM
julz - reckon MMM has changed the password.

:)

Big Gordy
1st October 2004, 06:29 PM
And he seems to have fled the country :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
1st October 2004, 06:36 PM
:p:approve::mad:Where are you man.........just tried to phone and got your answer machine..........Do you really exist:eek:

Tahra
11th October 2004, 06:40 PM
Wul, when Gordy gets this all set up can you give Gordy our old deposit, then we'll only owe him one ?? Just thought it would be one less cheque to cash etc

Wul
11th October 2004, 07:03 PM
Will do that Tahra - I can make the paypal deposit for you no problemo! :)

Gismo
12th October 2004, 04:09 PM
Erm, sorry BG, sounds like Wul :I i'm gonna have to withdraw from this, only reason is i don't know if i can make it or not

Wul
12th October 2004, 05:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Erm, sorry BG, sounds like Wul :I

:mad::dead::disapprove:

Gismo
13th October 2004, 12:06 AM
:mad::dead::disapprove:
:blackeye::I

broken_brian
13th October 2004, 12:22 AM
right i can confirm that i will be there as i have now managed to get off over crimbo woohoo:D

alan is that you not coming along because you too slow at the last karting meet :p:p

Big Gordy
19th October 2004, 09:11 PM
Did 'we' manage to get the paypal thing up and running :question::I
If we have can someone tell me how it works as next week is the end of the month and that was when we were given to pay the £17 deposite8) :p:D:approve:

Wul
19th October 2004, 09:32 PM
Big G - yes it's ready - will drop you an email with a "user guide" :)

Big Gordy
19th October 2004, 11:52 PM
Thanks Wul :D got you're user guide so here goes.
Would everyone who intends to go to the festive go-kart extravaganza on the 27th December please drop me an email at gs@weirpumps.com and confirm how many deposites you wish to pay for.

Big Col
20th October 2004, 07:14 PM
an you all better do it pretty quickly...

Willie M
20th October 2004, 11:09 PM
That's me paid up :approve:

Big Gordy
20th October 2004, 11:17 PM
Yes I've had a HUGE response to my request for payment :evil:
3, yes 3 people have responded and one of them was paying for somebody else :eek::p;)
Col you were just not menacing enough :p:D:approve:

Duncan Stewart
21st October 2004, 11:53 PM
Sorry Gordy but not sure if we can make this one cos it looks like were going up north for the week so I'll drop out of the go karting but might make it along to spectate.

Mini Me
22nd October 2004, 05:30 PM
If you can get MENZIES shut down for the day,i will come !!!!!!

Big Gordy
25th October 2004, 10:12 PM
Can I just remind those that are intending to come to this event that the deposits are due to be paid this week :evil:
So far only 5 people have paid and only 3 are from NMS :dead:
So come on you lot pull your finger out and get it paid :disapprove: (if your coming) :p:D:approve:

GAJ
25th October 2004, 10:27 PM
I'm afraid I'll have to withdraw.

Wul
27th October 2004, 07:09 PM
Gordo - drop us another email please for my deposit :)

Big Gordy
27th October 2004, 07:23 PM
Done ;) :p:D:approve:

Big Col
27th October 2004, 07:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

I'm afraid I'll have to withdraw.

Fnar fnar.

Big Gordy
27th October 2004, 07:44 PM
I'd just like everyone to know that Wul has paid his deposit for the karting ;) Which means that we will be blessed with his presence, banishing once and for all the myth that he doesn't exist :D
I knew you wouldn't let me down Wul :p:D:approve:

Big Col
27th October 2004, 09:41 PM
Like your missus is ever going to do enough miles to use it! :p

Big Gordy
28th October 2004, 04:06 PM
Ehhhhhhhhh, I think you've posted this in the wrong thread ya big eejit :mad: Should it not be in the dealer oscar awards thread:question: :p:D:approve:

Big Col
28th October 2004, 04:17 PM
Hmmm. Wonder how on earth that happened! I don't know how I could've posted it in here by accident. :question:

Wul
28th October 2004, 06:27 PM
Hey Big Col! maybe it was because you meant to put your name down for this run? :p

Big Gordy
4th November 2004, 01:45 AM
Anyone still to pay their deposit:question:
New job so no email yet :mad:
You'll get me at gstewart1960@hotmail.com though :p:D:approve:

Big Col
4th November 2004, 06:25 AM
or alternatively you can send it to baldybawsak@hotmail.com :D

Tahra
4th November 2004, 09:42 PM
Sorry, I did send the link to J to pay for the other deposit, Ill "remind" him again !!! Might be in the tank though....we'll just tag along at the back so as not to embarass.........

Tahra
4th November 2004, 09:50 PM
That was quick Gordy, just came out of NMS when I got your reminder ! Toooo efficient.

Big Gordy
10th November 2004, 08:42 PM
Bad dog, Zimbo, Eggy, Broken Brian, John, WeeFozzyJnr and Scottiecoop are you guys/gals coming :question: Trying to finalise numbers:approve: Need minimum 15 to run a Grandprix event. We currently have 12 combatants:D Anyone else want to join in:question: It's not too late :p:D:approve:

zimbo
12th November 2004, 08:15 PM
Yeh, sorry not been on line for while as I've no pc. Yeh I'll give my money to LnL to pay for me cheers Gordy.

The Dogfather
12th November 2004, 08:20 PM
Gordy - Can't commit just yet we've got family coming up and they've not confirmed how long there staying. I would love to be there but if it easier leave me out.... just to be on the safe side

Sorry mate!

Big Gordy
12th November 2004, 08:28 PM
BDM the karting guy hasn't got his paypal thing up and running yet so the deposits are still sitting in the NMS account waiting to be transfered so you still have some time to decide ;) We really need another two so we can run the GP event (5 drivers/3 heats) Any less than 15 and he say's we will be knackered and it won't last long :( as you will hardly ever be off the track :p I've provisionally booked it for 20 as thats the number that showed some interest early on but its not cast in stone :p:D:approve:

Wul
12th November 2004, 11:28 PM
Gordy - you could of course open it up on MINI2 to see if theres any interest! :question:

Big Gordy
13th November 2004, 12:14 AM
Do you mean there are mini owners in Scotland who only look at mini2:eek::eek::eek::eek: <where's that kneecap terror when you need him Euan...Euan go get em>
I've only been on mini2 once I think and they sent me here :approve:
It would be a bit of a trek for them would it not:question::question::question:
Some people just seem to have vanished :eek: Broken Brian, John and WeeFozzyJnr to name but a few:mad: They said they we're coming originally but I've not heard a skooby since :blackeye:;) :p:D:approve:

Wul
13th November 2004, 01:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Do you mean there are mini owners in Scotland who only look at mini2

I'm afraid so! Also some of the Northerners like to go for a "wee" drive sometimes and end up in Cullen! ;)

broken_brian
16th November 2004, 07:04 PM
sorry big g will still be coming along and i will be bringing along someone so that will make up the 2 that you need.
i was just waiting to payday (which is friday) to pay up

Willie M
17th November 2004, 05:04 PM
Big G. I may have an additional 1 coming along with me. Will confirm, and pay deposit for, in the next few days.

Big Gordy
17th November 2004, 07:44 PM
OK Willie :D I'm only on the web sparodically this week as I'm down in Bristol so bear with me if I don't get the paypal money request thingy out to you straight away :p:D:approve:

Wul
22nd November 2004, 08:57 PM
Gordo - what time are we booked in for the go-karting at? is there any associated run or just a meet-up and go!?

questions questions questions!!

Big Gordy
22nd November 2004, 09:42 PM
I think its 2.30 to 4.30pm for the karting. I hadn't planned anything run wise:I Was just going to meet at the 'Wheel' and drive to the karting place which is only 5mins away :p:D:approve:

Wul
22nd November 2004, 09:52 PM
That's cool Gordo - Given the holiday hangovers etc that's probably a good idea anyways :I

weefozzy Jr
23rd November 2004, 08:38 AM
sorry people been busy at uni will sort things out this week.....again sorry

broken_brian
28th November 2004, 01:33 AM
oi update my name as being paid

Big Gordy
29th November 2004, 05:31 PM
Consider it done:approve:
Anyone else:question: There's still time to join in the fun :p:D:approve:

Burple
30th November 2004, 12:04 AM

Consider it done:approve:
Anyone else:question: There's still time to join in the fun :p:D:approve:

Zimbo's should be paid now as well....
Cheeky sassin' frassin' rassin'... :blackeye:;):evil::p

Big Gordy
30th November 2004, 12:57 AM
Super, fab, terrific :D Well done wee man :p:D:approve:

Big Col
30th November 2004, 02:34 AM
What's the spectator charge big G? :D

Big Gordy
30th November 2004, 04:58 PM
No charge big C for spectating at this circus:clown: :p:D:approve:

Wul
30th November 2004, 06:31 PM
is that because you are so lanky that you cannae fit in the kart Col? :D

or is it the size of your head relative to the crash helmets :p;)

Big Col
30th November 2004, 06:37 PM
Nah. They just never get overalls to fit me.

Burple
30th November 2004, 07:13 PM
Snigger...

I still think you should come and play tho..

It would be a giggle!... well for us anyway watching you trying to get into the overalls!!!!:D:D:D:D

I don't care if I need a Mothercare one.. at least it fits!!! :p:p:p

Big Gordy
30th November 2004, 07:15 PM
I told him some 'shorties' were coming so he's off to mothercare for some red terry towelling romper suits :p:D:approve:

Burple
30th November 2004, 07:50 PM

I told him some 'shorties' were coming so he's off to mothercare for some red terry towelling romper suits :p:D:approve:

Sweet!!
Are they the ones with the built in Feet AND Hands???

Big Gordy
30th November 2004, 07:55 PM
No built-in hands just the feet bit;) but they do have the two button opening rear 'flap' for quick access:p/exit:dead: :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
3rd December 2004, 03:54 AM
Right all you smarty paypal user types :evil: Barry's not going to have paypal now so how do I transfer all the dosh out of the NMS account and into somewhere I can get my hands on it :question: I know you can add bank details but it says something about a charge of 14quid if the name on the account doesn't match the paypal one :dead:(I think that's what it means anyway:I) Any ideas anybody:question::question: :p:D:approve:

Wul
3rd December 2004, 04:06 AM

Right all you smarty paypal user types :evil: Barry's not going to have paypal now so how do I transfer all the dosh out of the NMS account and into somewhere I can get my hands on it :question: I know you can add bank details but it says something about a charge of 14quid if the name on the account doesn't match the paypal one :dead:(I think that's what it means anyway:I) Any ideas anybody:question::question: :p:D:approve:

Gordo - they must have changed the T&C's cause all i did was set up my account no and sort code and away I went! The alternative would be to transfer the dough to your own paypal account and withdraw it from there.

Big Gordy
3rd December 2004, 04:20 AM
I think I'll just do the same as you did Wul;) They can't ask NMS for £14 can they as its a club paypal account;) Anyway if I move all the money into my paypal will they not charge me 3.4% + 20p for 'laundering' it :question:

Wul
3rd December 2004, 04:22 PM
Probably will Big G - go for your life - BTW it took about 5 days for the money to appear in my account! :eek:

The Dogfather
3rd December 2004, 05:20 PM
Big G - Can't make this now :( my relatives are now staying until the 27th.

I'd have gone for blue overalls then Me and LNL could have been team smurf!

Burple
3rd December 2004, 11:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Big G - Can't make this now :( my relatives are now staying until the 27th.

I'd have gone for blue overalls then Me and LNL could have been team smurf!

heh heh heh..
and my vote goes to Big C to be Gargamel!! :evil:;):D:D:D

Big Gordy
10th December 2004, 01:17 AM
That's the 15 deposits paid into the gokart chaps bank account so it leaves a whopping 21p in the paypal account ready for the next NMS event:p Anyone else who wants to go will just have to cough up the full £32.50 on the day :p:D:approve:

Kirsty
14th December 2004, 01:13 AM
I've just noticed this thread!! Might come along to spectate cos I've no pennies at the mo!! I know where it is so I'll see lot there at 2.30pm if I can make it!!

Burple
17th December 2004, 07:04 PM
Haw.. Big Man..
Could you post the final details (meeting time, location etc) in the first post so us lazy buggers don't have to crawl through 8 pages of Big C's nonsense?? ;);):D

ta :D

Gismo
17th December 2004, 07:39 PM
Gordy, looks like i may be off, but, would there be anything an 11 (going on 12) year old could do whilst i'm driving etc??

Big Gordy
17th December 2004, 07:52 PM
Don't realy know Alan, sorry:I His spectating area is quite smart but I have no idea what facilities he has available :p:D:approve:

Wul
17th December 2004, 10:54 PM
Playing with your shiney new RC Mini in the car park methinks alan! :eek:;)

Willie M
21st December 2004, 04:32 PM

If we could meet for this 'extravaganza' in the car park at the Falkirk Wheel at approx 1.15pm that would be gggggggggrrrrreeeaaattt
The karting place is only 5mins away and the mayhem is scheduled to start at 2pm finishing at about 4pm. I was planning on heading to the karting at about 1.35pm as when we get there we'll have to get suited and helmeted up. This could take some time as we trying to find romper suits small enough for Ewan and Julz:D Any questions? No? Good :D See you there then:p:D:approve:
I'll probably meet you all at the karting venue, going to be in a bit of a mad rush. Will be there for 1.35pm though :)

Edit: I've already e-mailed you Gordy but I'll have a definite '+1' with me now. If you need the cash let me know, failing that he'll stump up on the day.

Big Gordy
21st December 2004, 05:12 PM
Yeh Willie sorry for the delay in replying:I You're OK for the +1 if he just pays on the day. :p:D:approve:

Wul
22nd December 2004, 06:16 AM
Hey Big G! My mate Stu is gonna come along with me for kartin too - is that ok?

Big Gordy
22nd December 2004, 04:52 PM
Yeh no problem Wul;) Stu will just have to pay the £32.50 on the day. I think we're standing at 17 drivers so far :p:D:approve:

Big Col
22nd December 2004, 05:00 PM
and 2 pit people. :)

Big Gordy
22nd December 2004, 05:08 PM
Definately 3 pit people maybe 4 ;) Kirsten's coming and BS might be bringing junior along :p:D:approve:

Wul
22nd December 2004, 06:10 PM
:cool: Cheers gordo - cash will be on hand at the venue :)

Wul
22nd December 2004, 06:14 PM
Big G - are there any better directions to the wheel than THESE (http://www.falkirk-wheel.com/wheel/faq.htm#How)?

Big Col
22nd December 2004, 06:18 PM
Oh NOOOOOOOOO the scary frizzie one is going! :eek:

Big Gordy
22nd December 2004, 06:53 PM
Right Wul here goes.........
If your coming from Edinburger stay on the M9 past Grangemouth, heading for Kincardine Bridge. Take the M876 heading for Glasgow. After about 5 miles on the M876 take the off-ramp signposted Denny/Bonnybridge (you can't miss it as you go under a bridge and its at the bottom of a long downhill section of motorway) Watch this ramp as the bend tightens up as you get to the bottom of the hill. There will be a small garden centre/farm on your left. Right at the farm, at the give way sign, turn right over a hump back bridge. This leads to a roundabout. Take the first left (I think its signposted Falkirk Wheel but not sure) Follow this road for about 2 miles (it goes over a small bridge with a gas valve station just past it on the left just before a farm) This brings you to the roundabout at the Wheel car park. Take the second exit into the car park. Hopefully I'll be there by then..............;)
Same applies to the Dundee/Aberdeen folk. Head for Glasgow after Kincardine Bridge (M876) with the same off ramp as above.
Hope that helps :p:D:approve:

Gismo
22nd December 2004, 07:15 PM
Big G - are there any better directions to the wheel than THESE (http://www.falkirk-wheel.com/wheel/faq.htm#How)?
Wul, try these instructions (http://www.thefalkirkwheel.co.uk/index.asp?pg=14)

Wul
22nd December 2004, 08:08 PM
Smashin! :) Got another mate coming now too Gordy so can you update me to Wul + 2? :D

Gismo
22nd December 2004, 08:51 PM
BS might be bringing junior along :p:D:approve:
Can't confirm yet, will advise before the event though, all depends on whether junior wants to sit and watch etc

broken_brian
23rd December 2004, 03:18 AM
so it is the bottom wheel car park and not the top one then just so as i dont go to the top one and find noone there

Big Gordy
23rd December 2004, 04:55 PM
Top:question:Bottom:question: I dunno:eek: Just go to the one nearest the roundabout that way people on the roundabout can see us if they're in any doubt :p:D:approve:

Tahra
23rd December 2004, 09:43 PM
Roundabout ??? I remember two carparks right enough - we'll just keep our eyes peeled for a load of shiny Minis from our elevated tank position !!! Sorry was there a definate time sorted out for the wheel ? I must have gotten sidetracked with the talk of rompersuits etc

Big Gordy
23rd December 2004, 10:59 PM
See first post for times etc Tahra :p:D:approve:

Kirsty
24th December 2004, 09:38 PM
Hey Big G!! Sorry to be last last minute is there space to put me and wee bro down for the fun and games?? I had said I was coming to watch but pennies have grown in the tree in my garden so I could come tp play!! It's ok if I'm too late cos I'll still come along an watch but just thot I'd be cheeky an ask!!?? I'll try to check thread later on today!!

Big Gordy
25th December 2004, 03:50 AM
Yes Kirsty its OK if you and your bro come along and join the fun:D Don't think there is a limit to how many I bring along 8) I've booked it for 20 so you and bro make 19 I think :p:D:approve:

Kirsty
26th December 2004, 09:52 AM
Cool!! Thanks Big G!! See you on Monday!! :)

duncan
27th December 2004, 01:43 AM
Not sure if i'm coming through by train tomorrow, but, I do, I can get to the car park easily enough by the looks of things.

Would it be possible to get a lift from there to the centre from some kind person?

Tahra
27th December 2004, 03:04 AM
Now why didn't I think of checking the obvious page........ see you's tomorrow !

Wul
27th December 2004, 05:25 AM
Dunc - there should be room with me from the car park if no-one else can manage to get you all the way there!

duncan
27th December 2004, 07:14 AM
Cheers Wul!

Kirsty
27th December 2004, 08:27 PM
Big G... I've got another straggler for you!! Shaz also wants to come an play!! Could you put his name down!! Thanks (think that makes it 20!!??) See you all shortly!!

Big Col
28th December 2004, 01:56 AM
Hope you all had fun! I TOTALLY forgot about it! :(

Sorry Big G.

Big Gordy
28th December 2004, 03:31 AM
Yeh:D we had a blast;)
Just for the record:-
1st....Wul
2nd....Ewan
3rd....WillieM
Well done lads:phope you all had a fabby doo time :p:D:approve:

3GGG
28th December 2004, 06:15 AM
Congrats Wul, it seems that polishing the Go-Kart with Maguires NXT did make a difference after all!

Willie M
28th December 2004, 08:04 PM
Fantastic afternoon of adrenaline packed fun. A HUGE thank you to Big G for organising it all.
Well done Wul and Ewan for just edging it from me ;)
Strangely enough, and I only realised this when I got home and read my printout thingy, I actually posted the fastest lap in all 6 races I competed in (although Wul took the fatsted lap of the day by .2 of a second).
Great day. We must do it all again sometime :cool:

Maxxed Ross
28th December 2004, 08:53 PM
Great fun! Only my second time karting and it was a hoot! Just need to lose some weight to keep up with Ewan and Wul next time :D

frizzie__kizzie
28th December 2004, 09:03 PM
It did all look like rather good fun...I REALLY wanted a go but I was too young!!! Oh well, there is always next time! :approve:

:I:clown::kiss:

Wul
28th December 2004, 10:21 PM
WELL DONE BIG GORDY!!

Fantastic way to spend the bank holiday afternoon - great venue, very well run and some good competitors too!:)

Big thanks also to Ewan(LnL) for keeping the pimpmeister moffat from my door in the final:cool:.

Ross - you were the scariest driver i've seen in front of me for a long time - remember it's fastest to go round the corners moving forward rather than sideways :eek:;)

Kirsty - you were defo the most tactical driver and sorry again for the mishap on the last lap :clown: - so how long till you stop reminding your brother that you beat him? :D

Thanks from my mates Allan and Stu also - they had a blast.

Gismo
29th December 2004, 02:36 AM
Gutted i couldn't make it :( Sounds like you had a good time :)

Kirsty
29th December 2004, 05:00 AM
Fantastic afternoon guys!! Well done to the three bestest drivers (well fastest anyway!!) ;) Is anyone else sore today?? I'm aching almost all over...oh that'll be from when Wul stole third place from me!!!??? HEE HEE!!! We hardly ever see you Wul but when we do we certainly know about it!! HEE HEE HEE!!! I'll maybe forgive you, but stop reminding my bro that I beat him?? NEVER!!!! Nice to see everyone and I'll definately second doing it all again!!! Thanks for organising it all Big G, had a total blast!!

duncan
29th December 2004, 07:06 AM
Firstly, Cheers for the lifts Wul, and Big G

Secondly, Great day out, once again

and thirdly, glad to see i'm not the only one thats aching from it all!

Big Gordy
29th December 2004, 07:52 AM
Well so far I've got a bruise on my back and both arms have stopped working ;)

Maxxed Ross
29th December 2004, 08:26 AM
Doh that last post was me. The old yin forgot to sign out again :p

Julz
30th December 2004, 12:34 AM
I REALLY wish I could have made this, but it's been non stop disasterous/hectic round here lately! Sounds like you all had fun anyway! ;):D

Big Gordy
30th December 2004, 01:09 AM
Julz i've got your £32.50 deposite money8) What I was proposing to do, if it OK with you, is keep it to pay for your wheels and bodyshell:I Is that OK :p:D:approve::approve:

Julz
2nd January 2005, 08:16 PM

Julz i've got your £32.50 deposite money8) What I was proposing to do, if it OK with you, is keep it to pay for your wheels and bodyshell:I Is that OK :p:D:approve::approve:

That would be fine BG!! (slightly OT here, I just showed Rob the piccies of all the minis to date, he's VERY impressed, and now VERY impatient!! I've sent him out in the snow with his petrol car!!;))

Burple
5th January 2005, 11:32 PM
Bit of a late reply..

But another big Fankoo to the Big Organiser Big Gordy dude!
Fantastic day's racing, helped along by some quality competitors (Nods in Willie M's direction);):D
9 laps to get past the Pimpster....Wul.. I was comin for ya!!!:D
We may need to visit this particular venue again! ;):D:D

Big Gordy
5th January 2005, 11:52 PM
Thanks guys/gals:I
It was good fun wasn't it:)
Just let me know when you fancy going again as he's only 10 mins away from where I stay :p:D:approve:

Wul
6th January 2005, 12:29 AM
Yeh - i'd be up for another trip to this place again later in the year - anyone fancy trying to knock me off ma pedestal eh eh? :clown: - except you Kirsty as you'd probably get me with a comedy vic and bob frying pan ;) Bong! :blackeye:

Kirsty
6th January 2005, 02:21 AM
Frying pan at the ready mate!!! ;)