PDA

View Full Version : Running on three cylinders

GERFIX
8th July 2015, 08:06 PM
Hi guys. I'm having my first really major problem with my '07 R56 MCS. Out of the blue I'm running on three cylinders. I've changed the plugs and whilst doing so saw unburnt fuel on the piston crown of no3 cylinder and wet plug. I changed the coil and still number three is not firing. No CEL or fault codes from Torque app.

Help???

badwolf340
8th July 2015, 09:08 PM
Is it at idle or all the time and hot or cold may need to get hooked up to a diagnostic machine .

Gismo
8th July 2015, 09:22 PM
Try swapping a plug lead and see if No 3 fires

GERFIX
9th July 2015, 06:28 AM
I'm getting no spark at No3 throughout the range, from start up to WOT. Fitted a new coil in the hope that it was the nice cheap fix!!

Gismo
9th July 2015, 07:32 PM
Does the lead give a spark when you swap it to another cylinder, I'm trying to see if the lead is ok

GERFIX
21st July 2015, 03:18 PM
Sorry I haven't replied before now chaps. I've had a compression test done and I'm way down on one cylinder and non-existent on another! So at present the engine is strpped ready for the head to come off (which should be this evening) and I'm having the head looked at in the next couple of days.
What I need to know now is if anyone can tell me the sequence for removing and refitting the camshaft bearing caps and also the torque setting for refitting.