PDA

View Full Version : LOHEN PERFORMANCE

GP_Den
6th July 2015, 07:13 PM
Lohen Performance, Ive been looking at a few performance packages they provide and its looks decent enough but was wondering if anybody has any experience with using them?

Den

Jo1989ke
6th July 2015, 08:00 PM
I have heard only good thing about them I'm in two minds to go down or hQ performance in dalgety bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddie_JCW
6th July 2015, 08:19 PM
I know a few people on here have been down to P-Torque several times and have had great results ;)

GP_Den
6th July 2015, 08:32 PM
Good stuff, Ill have a look at HQ Performance and P-Torque too. Cheers :thumbs up:

EcosseGP
6th July 2015, 09:10 PM
Certainly Will at P Torque gets a good reputation and I've only spoken to him on the phone and he certainly is honest and upfront about mods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stoney
6th July 2015, 09:18 PM
I have used will @ P torque on my last 3 minis and would not go past him know what he is doing !!

GP_Den
6th July 2015, 09:22 PM
Had a look at P Torques website and Facebook and they seem to have done heaps of minis including GP2s which is great. Ive emailed them asking about prices etc.
Just wondering if it would be best to have a few bits done to the car prior to them doing their magic or are they able to do it all there?

badwolf340
7th July 2015, 08:38 AM
Had a look at P Torques website and Facebook and they seem to have done heaps of minis including GP2s which is great. Ive emailed them asking about prices etc.
Just wondering if it would be best to have a few bits done to the car prior to them doing their magic or are they able to do it all there?
All depends on what you would be wanting changed .

EcosseGP
7th July 2015, 08:55 AM
If you're planning on getting other stuff done then I'd wait or you'll just need to go back and have things tweaked again. I'm sure others will say the same ... probably even Will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MINI William
7th July 2015, 09:27 AM
Would wait until you have done everything you want to do and take it from there

CiderFex
7th July 2015, 09:54 AM
I've heard too many horror stories about Lohen for ms to ever venture there. Bolts not tightened up, bolts missing, parts missing, incorrect parts fitted.
At MITP in 2013 one of the GP lads had to get the boys from 1320 to have a look at his car, after being to Lohen, and they spent 20 minutes torquing most of his nuts up which were very loose.
There were also about 8 fasteners missing from his plastic undertray.

...enjoy the journey.

GP_Den
7th July 2015, 11:46 AM
I've heard too many horror stories about Lohen for ms to ever venture there. Bolts not tightened up, bolts missing, parts missing, incorrect parts fitted.
At MITP in 2013 one of the GP lads had to get the boys from 1320 to have a look at his car, after being to Lohen, and they spent 20 minutes torquing most of his nuts up which were very loose.
There were also about 8 fasteners missing from his plastic undertray.

...enjoy the journey.

Oh. Don't fancy any of that carry on so i might give them a miss. P Torque got back to me and the pricing is decent. don't want too much done just a downpipe, filter and intercooler :cool: and they seem to be able to do that there from what he said.
Thanks for all the replies though, appreciate it :thumbs up:

Den

badwolf340
8th July 2015, 08:21 AM
Oh. Don't fancy any of that carry on so i might give them a miss. P Torque got back to me and the pricing is decent. don't want too much done just a downpipe, filter and intercooler :cool: and they seem to be able to do that there from what he said.
Thanks for all the replies though, appreciate it :thumbs up:

Den
Depending on your level of spannering ,all of the above are easy to replace your self .When you say down pipe ,do you mean De-Cat or sports cat?

GP_Den
8th July 2015, 08:26 AM
Depending on your level of spannering ,all of the above are easy to replace your self .When you say down pipe ,do you mean De-Cat or sports cat?

I was considering decat but for peace of mind during any MOT etc ill prob go for the sports cat.
I ordered the Alta intake yesterday so ill get that fitted once it arrives :cool:

MINI William
8th July 2015, 09:40 AM
I was considering decat but for peace of mind during any MOT etc ill prob go for the sports cat.
I ordered the Alta intake yesterday so ill get that fitted once it arrives :cool:

Sports Cat will still bring the CEL on. Dont know how this will effect emmisons for the MOT, possibly be borderline

GP_Den
8th July 2015, 11:43 AM
Sports Cat will still bring the CEL on. Dont know how this will effect emmisons for the MOT, possibly be borderline

Yeah I've read that but can they not turn it off with the ECU management thing they do?

MINI William
8th July 2015, 11:47 AM
Yeah I've read that but can they not turn it off with the ECU management thing they do?

It can be mapped out on N14 but as yet not on N18

stoney
8th July 2015, 04:51 PM
I would think with the sport cat they will be able to sort the light but not with the the de cat

badwolf340
8th July 2015, 05:06 PM
And another mith,if you go De-Cat ,the 2nd lambda probe if you add an extender it will not keep CEL light off ....they do not work

Gogs
8th July 2015, 09:35 PM
I can confirm the Milltek sports cat on a N18 engine keeps the CEL illuminated and can't be mapped out. I've not put it through an MOT yet but I'm assured the emissions will be ok if the cat is warmed up properly first.

I'll be going to LOHEN for a manic remap as I've only heard good things about the stage 2+ tune. 1320 mini also do manic maps but they're a bit too far away for me

GP_Den
8th July 2015, 10:05 PM
I can confirm the Milltek sports cat on a N18 engine keeps the CEL illuminated and can't be mapped out. I've not put it through an MOT yet but I'm assured the emissions will be ok if the cat is warmed up properly first.

I'll be going to LOHEN for a manic remap as I've only heard good things about the stage 2+ tune. 1320 mini also do manic maps but they're a bit too far away for me

Thanks for clearing that up about the CEL and CAT emissions :thumbs up: I don't know too much about the differences in the maps, ill have to do a bit more reading up on it. P Torque map seems to give quite a bit of extra power, not sure on the Manic one though.

Ianstwt_r59
8th July 2015, 10:52 PM
Not sure if mine is the n14 or the n18. But I have a decaf on mine, and got that light mapped out. But Jesus it pops and bangs even more now.

GP_Den
9th July 2015, 08:30 AM
Not sure if mine is the n14 or the n18. But I have a decaf on mine, and got that light mapped out. But Jesus it pops and bangs even more now.

Thats what I'm after :cool: Does yours go through the MOT ok? Where did you get it mapped?

Blueboy
9th July 2015, 03:49 PM
Friend had his R53 S down at 1320 for power upgrade couldn't praise them enough, said quality and service was great
cheers

GP_Den
9th July 2015, 04:00 PM
Friend had his R53 S down at 1320 for power upgrade couldn't praise them enough, said quality and service was great
cheers

Ill have a look at them too. Cheers mate

Ianstwt_r59
9th July 2015, 07:45 PM
Don't think it will pass its mot. Something to do with the emissions. Gary Martin in lochty done mine.

nobbyclark
9th September 2015, 02:52 PM
I've just ordered a load of kit from Lohen but will be getting it fitted locally. Bit of a faff to get to Stoke.