PDA

View Full Version : f54

badwolf340
24th June 2015, 07:49 AM
http://www.motoringfile.com/2015/06/23/leaked-photos-of-the-2016-mini-clubman/#more-40870

EcosseGP
24th June 2015, 08:46 AM
Um ... Not so sure on that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zimbo
24th June 2015, 08:54 AM
:hand: I think the rear end is far TOO cluttered, HUGE lights on the doors, lights in the top of the bumper and that awful lettering across the back doors (this would be the first thing to go!!!:yes nod:)

Overall I like the idea of a five door (or in minis case six door) mini with a decentish boot, but I am going to have to wait for better higher quality pics to make a final yes or no vote :smilewinkgrin:
...I do find the blue leather seats quite attractive though for some weird reason :Whistle:

MINI William
24th June 2015, 08:59 AM
I really quite like it. Looking forward to the JCW

gauldrymini
24th June 2015, 09:52 AM
Um ... Not so sure on that.

...variant-hater, reported :stirpot:

It's a YES from me...:thumbs up:

MINI William
24th June 2015, 10:12 AM
The front of the car is far nicer as it appears to have lost the Desperate Dan look

mrcheerful
24th June 2015, 10:29 AM
I like it, can't wait to see one in the showroom.

gauldrymini
24th June 2015, 10:47 AM
So the F54 official internet debut is 15.00 today...

What pricing will it get? A standard Cooper D F55 starts @ £17,235 ....
Will they get the CO2 under the magic 100?

jonnie
24th June 2015, 11:11 AM
Well it isnt exactly mini is it.

weefossy
24th June 2015, 01:22 PM
Competition for the A3 Sports-back?
I like it, but not sure it's a Mini :smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
24th June 2015, 02:30 PM
Hmm, that aint no mini, horrible looking thing

gauldrymini
24th June 2015, 02:53 PM
Hmm, that aint no mini, horrible looking thing

...see post #5 :smilewinkgrin:

Ivano
24th June 2015, 07:34 PM
You may have also noticed today. The re brand of MINI. The black background branding is going and new MINI logo I'm not so sure about the logo personally. Probably get shot for saying that.

you will see the new branding on all Clubman marketing materials etc

stoney
24th June 2015, 08:03 PM
Glad I did not hold off for one tbh not sure its a mini tbh

badwolf340
24th June 2015, 08:16 PM
http://youtu.be/946sD4lwXd8
a little vid

Crombers
25th June 2015, 12:17 AM
Lost as to where MINI is going here, the 'back end' is just horrendous.
I'm sorry but when did we last see a product we longed for....... Who's bought what in the new hatch / clubman range?

EcosseGP
25th June 2015, 01:57 AM
It looks like they've taken the Countryman lights and tuned them on their side, the more I see it the more I don't like it, don't mind the interior but the exterior just doesn't seem right :(

gauldrymini
25th June 2015, 09:59 AM
Nice wee vid...

It will be a car that will divide opinions :yes nod:

Angib
25th June 2015, 01:39 PM
I'm sorry but when did we last see a product we longed for......
But then I think that means "exactly the same as an old one, or the one I own now".

mikeswagon
25th June 2015, 01:43 PM
As an F56 owner for almost a year, I've grown accustomed to all the non-likers.

But also in that year I've never felt the need to go onto an R53/R56 thread and say I don't like them, what's the point, it all gets very boring.

I was looking for a clubman originally, but couldn't find anything I like in the Aberdeen area, so when the F56 came out I went in for a nosey, and was impressed by the interior, handling, and the saleswoman :thumbs up:

Now the mini suits me fine just now, I'm divorced so normally just have my kids at weekends. They're 12 and 10 and fit quite nicely in the back, but the problem is they won't stop growing, so the next car will probably be a more door, and the clubman may well fit the bill, depending on the price - need to see some better colours though, met red I don't like on any car.

Out of curiosity, what do you guys think of the existing derivatives? While waiting for my car I had a countryman demo which I really liked, a convertible which I liked but not practical for me and a paceman which I didn't like/didn't get.

weefossy
25th June 2015, 03:49 PM
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" or something like that.

I like it and it may at some point in the future replace the A3 sport-back.............but like the Paceman / Clubman, which are good cars, it's not a Mini...."as we know it Jim"....imo

for me the Hatch = retro classic mini
Clubman / Clubvan = retro mini van variant, only wish they had done a pickup!
Convertible = retro Hamann Convertible

In my opinion the rest are good cars, but not minis.

Gismo
25th June 2015, 05:23 PM
As an F56 owner for almost a year, I've grown accustomed to all the non-likers.

But also in that year I've never felt the need to go onto an R53/R56 thread and say I don't like them, what's the point, it all gets very boringFully understand, but, you're always going to get folks opinions on new cars, if not, then i agree that would be boring

Out of curiosity, what do you guys think of the existing derivatives? While waiting for my car I had a countryman demo which I really liked, a convertible which I liked but not practical for me and a paceman which I didn't like/didn't get.Can't comment, that would be boring :lol:

Angib
25th June 2015, 07:54 PM
While waiting for my car I had a ... paceman which I didn't like/didn't get.

It would seem lots of people feel the same, so the Paceman has been something of a flop.

But I can see the logic - something like a junior Range Rover Evoque - "I'm scared enough to need a 4x4-ish, but I want to look smart too".

MiniSnaps
25th June 2015, 09:59 PM
I think it looks better in these pics, still not 100% convinced, mind you I'm sure I said the same when both the R56 and F56 were launched....http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/25/30a1f7ec9c5f3240c50049b449901e97.jpg http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/25/896d6f942c4b589220a38732080913f9.jpg http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/25/286256c073f193b21ecdcafddf9e219b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddie_JCW
25th June 2015, 10:21 PM
In my opinion that's a nicer colour and nicer wheels than anything available on the F56. I really like the F54 and given the available options it seems I'm more likely to get one unless they put some of it on the F56 :). When are they launching the F54 JCW? :p

Crombers
25th June 2015, 11:54 PM
The fact that the new MINI has been with us for 15/18 months now and very few of us have purchased, speaks volumes. When the R50/R53 came out we were gobsmacked, then with the R56 there were queues (ok I was not one of them) at BMW doors, but it all looked good.
Unfortunately the MK3 is following the VW Golf route of being the 'least desirable' models :frown:

MiniSnaps
25th June 2015, 11:59 PM
Plenty of F56s on the roads though....

gauldrymini
26th June 2015, 07:57 AM
Plenty of F56s on the roads though....

...from what I see driving out and about this is true

mikeswagon
26th June 2015, 08:43 AM
Fully understand, but, you're always going to get folks opinions on new cars, if not, then i agree that would be boring

Can't comment, that would be boring :lol:

Opinions are fine, they are like ar$ehole$, everybody's got one. What bugs me is reading those opinions over and over when it's nothing at all to do with the topic, trust me that does get boring.

So in this case, since this thread is about the F54, feel free :thumbs up:

Crombers, maybe few on here have purchased, but maybe new minis are a different market / price range etc?

Coming in this morning, I did a quick count of minis that I met. The majority were R56s, but I saw more F56s and more Countrymans than I did R53s. Having said that I also saw more Audi S1s than R53s, so maybe Aberdeen is a bit odd.

Until I see it in the flesh, I'm not going to say yay/nay. The mini site has the 2.0 D starting around £22k, so by the time I spec it up it might be more than I want to spend anyway.

Angib
26th June 2015, 04:25 PM
It's a ruddy big car - same size as an early Mondeo.

bpirie1000
26th June 2015, 04:38 PM
Bmw mini are doing me proud at the moment.
i had a couple of early r50 minis and they were great for me then.... And now as my family grow I can stay with the brand and the more door minis are about running with me as I need a bigger car they are launching one.....

Still think a mini should be an a.series though..

Still got couple of old school minis and will be interesting parking next to each other's when it is launched...

jonnie
26th June 2015, 06:23 PM
Just noticed the pic of the rear, that is a big ass.

KenL
26th June 2015, 07:00 PM
The fact that the new MINI has been with us for 15/18 months now and very few of us have purchased, speaks volumes. When the R50/R53 came out we were gobsmacked, then with the R56 there were queues (ok I was not one of them) at BMW doors, but it all looked good.
Unfortunately the MK3 is following the VW Golf route of being the 'least desirable' models :frown:

I've not been on here for a while, I wonder why? Very few of "us" have bought an F56 but That does not mean it is not a good car. They are selling well and there are lots on the roads now. The 5 door is also selling well.

As someone who has actually owned all variants of the MINI I really feel that the F56 is a much better car overall than the previous variants. The interior quality is far better than before and the range of equipment available is fantastic. The ride quality is a easier to live with (especially compared with the r50) yet the fun factor is still there. The engine in the Cooper is absolutely fantastic, more than a second quicker than the r56 to 60 and even more impressive in gear acceleration due to the turbo. All this and average fuel consumption of 48mpg for me, 60mpg easily achievable on a run and £20 for road tax.

The F54 does not look great in some of the pictures but I expect it will look good in the flesh. It will be pricey though with the Cooper version starting at £19 995.

gauldrymini
1st July 2015, 10:59 AM
Not sure if link will work...

https://ssl.mini.de/configurator/#component_0

...hope yer german is good though :smilewinkgrin:

- - - Updated - - -

...skip above post F54 now on UK MINI site to configure, Cooper S only just now

ELFMAN
26th July 2015, 04:51 PM
I hate to say it, but here we go again! Some people will loathe it, some people will love it.

Personally, these days the whole 'is it or isn't it a proper MINI' thing just goes right over my head (like most things cos I'm a short *rse). It's been a LONG time since MINI created anything like the impact it did back in 2001, and it has evolved into what it is, in some ways not as good as the 'original', in some ways better. No real point getting fussed about it. It's not going to affect anything.

If you like it, great, if you don't, just enjoy the older versions. Nothing stays the same, in cars, or in life.

gauldrymini
17th November 2015, 08:01 PM
Interesting

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mini/clubman/93338/300bhp-plus-mini-clubman-jcw-targets-focus-rs

MINI William
17th November 2015, 10:50 PM
When we were at the Clubman launch earlier in the year, this is very much what Olly was talking about. Seems like MINI are moving in the right direction.

MrMischief
18th November 2015, 01:08 PM
Me likey :thumbs up: