PDA

View Full Version : Topgear

badwolf340
16th June 2015, 08:08 PM
So the new host of topgear has been announced and it's Chris Evans ..what do you all think :popcorn:

Eddie_JCW
16th June 2015, 08:23 PM
I don't know, I like Chris Evans on the radio but I don't think he'll be as good as Clarkson on Top Gear :(

DigitalLemming
16th June 2015, 08:31 PM
Don't mind Chris Evans, but whatever presenters they select Top Gear won't be the same as before. Hopefully they'll take the show in a new direction, as much as I enjoyed it in the last few years it became more messing about than about the cars.

I still expect Clarkson, Hammond and May to pop up with a new motoring/chat show at some point within the next year.

MINI William
16th June 2015, 08:43 PM
Think Chris Evans is the perfect person for it. However I do think that TopGear will need to go in a different direction that that it has been going the past few seasons for it to work.

zimbo
16th June 2015, 10:44 PM
No thanks :moonie:

EcosseGP
17th June 2015, 07:41 AM
I'm not too sure either. I know he's into cars but think he's more of an individual presenter as opposed to a group one. The program as everyone says will need to adapt accordingly and go back to what it used to be to get me watching it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

emicen
17th June 2015, 11:54 AM
Chris Evans, Phil Glenister and Guy Martin have been touted as the new line up. I reckon that could work.

Not gonna lie, there's part of me would like to see Plato doing some drive and talk stuff. When extracted from the persona he's come to be known for from the BTCC, he's actually quite entertaining and can seriously pedal.

Crombers
17th June 2015, 02:14 PM
A new direction needed for me too. Got fed up with TG a long time ago & for me the problem was Clarkson & Hammond, they just no longer entertained & the programme just got quite frankly ........... stupid.

I have always been an Evans fan & if they could somehow (although I seriously doubt it) get May on board along with Martin then it would be a win win for me

Big Gordy
18th June 2015, 08:13 AM
Like Crombers I've always liked Chris Evans so I'd probably start watching Top Gear again if he was on it. Got fed up with Clarkson and Hammond a few years ago and May has recently joined them.
Love Guy Martin......he's AWESOME.....anyone who can do a 132mph lap of the Isle of Man TT is a god as far as I'm concerned. He also has an Aston DB9 and a static Merlin Spitfire engine so he's definately a petrol head.....lol

AndyP & Lenore
18th June 2015, 09:32 AM
Chris Evans, Phil Glenister and Guy Martin have been touted as the new line up. I reckon that could work.

Not gonna lie, there's part of me would like to see Plato doing some drive and talk stuff. When extracted from the persona he's come to be known for from the BTCC, he's actually quite entertaining and can seriously pedal.

THIS. :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up: