PDA

View Full Version : What's your called

badwolf340
14th June 2015, 08:10 AM
There seems to be a trend of people "Naming " their cars for one reason or another ,to some it's to do with letters in the number plate or some other reason, what's yours called and why? ,have you just named your MINI or have you named other makes of car :computer:

stoney
14th June 2015, 08:30 AM
Christine always names hers I don't tend to tbh it just the ..... Audi / mini /corsa etc

EcosseGP
14th June 2015, 08:37 AM
Certainly all ours have been named courtesy of Catherine ... and yes Brian it's sometimes to do with the registration plate letters :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

emicen
14th June 2015, 11:58 AM
Unlucky not to name your racecar.

My 2010 one was Keira (named by previous owner / Craig Noble and its unlucky to change it)
2012-2013 was Sabrina
2014 was Selene

Haven't decided the new one yet.

Steph's 2011-2013 racer was Bruce, 2014 one was Sara.

Her old road car was Oscar, her JCW is Monte.

john
14th June 2015, 02:35 PM
This is the first car I have named, he is "the Doctor" it's my GP

Catster
14th June 2015, 09:57 PM
Davy's right, I have named all our cars.. There was Doris the C3. MINI's were Maxi (I just liked Maxi the MINI), Copper (self explanatory), Mac (scottish like me), Roly (from the reg) and The Bairn (the much debated GP, so called as he is so pampered and not allowed out without a responsible adult, we've yet to find one..). Love naming the cars lol [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crombers
15th June 2015, 07:29 AM
I reckon it's more popular with the girlies to name cars.

Only a 'big woose' of a bloke would do such a thing :rolleyes: :smilewinkgrin:

mrcheerful
17th June 2015, 08:59 AM
We have named all our cars and our Countryman (Blazing Red) is named Elmo.

john
17th June 2015, 08:10 PM

chase me chase me!

Crombers
17th June 2015, 09:01 PM
chase me chase me!

:kiss: :arms:

Tam1314
17th June 2015, 09:55 PM
My Cooper S is called Gold-D as the reg has 60LDD in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badwolf340
19th June 2015, 08:02 PM
So some do and some don't name their MINI's

weefossy
19th June 2015, 09:54 PM
All of ours have had names. Mainly given by Mom. WC50 = The Beast

CiderFex
20th June 2015, 12:13 AM
1499 was originally called "Wee RABB", because it's small and I was dechroming it with red and black touches so it was a "Red And Black Beasty".
After Rob printed a "Jedwards GP" A4 sheet for the windscreen at Uttoxeter 2013, which caused MUCH hilarity, I played with the thought for a while and added my red fetish to the mix and "Redward" was born.
That name has stuck with it ever since.

Alex from NM
21st June 2015, 07:54 AM

Mine's called Frank :p

SeanC
21st June 2015, 10:16 PM
My R50 is called Cha after my cat who died around the time I got the car. The wifes car is called Dooper because its a Cooper D Clubby. We also have birth certificates from MINI with our cars names and date of birth on them pmsl :yes nod:

it's dockrell
8th July 2015, 11:30 PM
I've called my Cooper S "Coops" :)

mort
11th July 2015, 10:48 PM
Clubman called the moog. Other cars , non mini, are mavis (ypsilon) and flo (landie)

Cars are always named. They part of the family

Kirsty
14th August 2015, 09:07 AM
Hughly behind the times, but here goes! My beautiful JCW black and red roadster is called Bella. My middle name is Lucia, Italian/Spanish for Lucy. Bella is Italian/Spanish for beautiful. Bella was the female lead in Twilight, human turned vampire, my Bella can change roof up/roof down. In keeping with the vampire theme Vampires like the dark but also blood, my Bella is black as night with blood red details/trim!
Its only ever been my MINIs that I've named cos they're wee characters! :)

john
14th August 2015, 05:38 PM
Hughly behind the times, but here goes! My beautiful JCW black and red roadster is called Bella. My middle name is Lucia, Italian/Spanish for Lucy. Bella is Italian/Spanish for beautiful. Bella was the female lead in Twilight, human turned vampire, my Bella can change roof up/roof down. In keeping with the vampire theme Vampires like the dark but also blood, my Bella is black as night with blood red details/trim!
Its only ever been my MINIs that I've named cos they're wee characters! :)

well as far as naming a car goes that was a fair read!

welcome back to NMS!

Kirsty
14th August 2015, 08:37 PM
well as far as naming a car goes that was a fair read!

welcome back to NMS!

Well as you know I like to be completely clear on things and why use a couple of words when I can use hundreds, yep I type like I talk! Hee Hee! ;) Thanks, good to be back, just need to get myself in a run once I'm driving again! Hope to catch up with you soon! :)

rosslamb
17th August 2015, 08:48 PM
I must have missed this... I aways name a car.

My R60 is Mabel. My old R53 was Lou.

Big Gordy
18th August 2015, 08:08 AM
Ours is 'Mutley'

jdl_1967
18th August 2015, 09:41 PM
I don't name my cars, but dependant on how it has decided to let me down again, it often get called a number of varying and rather unpleasant names.