PDA

View Full Version : See when you just start the car...

Big Col
13th September 2004, 11:19 PM
and you get the miles till service info coming up, what's the number it shows when you push the mileage reset button? I was at the petrol station last night and pushed the button too quickly and 133 came up. Anyone know what that number is:question:

MartinSullivan
13th September 2004, 11:28 PM
is that not the number of days till a brake fluid change????

Big Col
13th September 2004, 11:35 PM
Is it? I don't have to do that myself do I? How common! :)

Julz
13th September 2004, 11:44 PM
Is it not how many seconds til the car destructs??:eek:

MartinSullivan
13th September 2004, 11:44 PM
No its ok Col, the man inside the speedo that keeps count of the days for you gets out and changes the fluid - HONEST

Big Col
14th September 2004, 12:34 AM
Is that really what it is? I thought you were kiddin...

MartinSullivan
14th September 2004, 01:05 AM
Fraid not mate, I was kidding about the little man though - in case you were wondering

MartinSullivan
14th September 2004, 01:33 AM
If you carry on holding it you can enter test mode and get loads of info out of it

here is a very interesting (YAWN) thread all about it - some of the info can be useful I guess

Test Mode (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3531/)

john
14th September 2004, 02:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

and you get the miles till service info coming up, what's the number it shows when you push the mileage reset button? I was at the petrol station last night and pushed the button too quickly and 133 came up. Anyone know what that number is:question:

Its the number just after 132 and just before 134:D

Big Col
14th September 2004, 05:05 PM
Here! Why has this thread moved? It isn't a mod, fault or a fix! Bloody power hungry mods! ANARCHY!!!

GAJ
14th September 2004, 05:10 PM
Here! Why has this thread moved? It isn't a mod, fault or a fix! Bloody power hungry mods! ANARCHY!!!

Right ! now ! ha ha ha ha ha
It wisnae me!:approve:

Wul
14th September 2004, 05:23 PM
I think the brake fluid change is included in the last TLC service - but only if the speedo says it's required to be changed!!

Hey is there any secret games hidden in test mode like they have on PS2 and nintendo games? :p

Gismo
14th September 2004, 05:44 PM

quote:Originally posted by GAJ
Right ! now ! ha ha ha ha ha It wisnae me!:approve:
Nor me ;) so, 3 to go :p

Big Col
14th September 2004, 06:30 PM
<looks adoringly at Julz>

Hey wul it can't just be changed at the last TLC service surely. I mean it's gonna be a lot more that 133 days before I need my last TLC.

Julz
14th September 2004, 06:33 PM
<looks accusingly at Julz>

<sobs>:( I'm offended by that remark! Wasn't me either:(

Big Col
14th September 2004, 06:45 PM
That better? :)

Gismo
14th September 2004, 06:55 PM
When us mere mods move a thread our names are shown at the bottom i think :clown: So, only someone with Monsta power can move a thread without revealing
If nowt else it gets me nearer to 2000

Big Col
14th September 2004, 07:16 PM
Hmmmmmm. Us mere mortals cannie see who moved it. Maybe that's another Mod superpower.

Julz
14th September 2004, 07:50 PM
That better? :)

Much better, thank you!!:kiss:

Big Col
14th September 2004, 08:11 PM
GAJ says - Oops! I just deleted my own post, these powers are all a bit much for me but what I said was "Right! I've had enough! This has gone way off topic so it's heading for..."

DAMMIT! DAMN ALL YOU MODS! A POX ON ALL YOUR HOUSES! (apart from Julz as she's a girly and we can't pick on girlys)

Willie M
14th September 2004, 08:14 PM
and it certainly wasnae me :( Calum ????

GAJ
14th September 2004, 08:16 PM
And be careful before you pox my house! I had your house pointed out to me yesterday, and if I pox your house, it will know it has been poxed!;)

Julz
14th September 2004, 08:27 PM
Hey, somebody nicked my idea!! So, where shall we go today??:evil:

Gismo
14th September 2004, 08:44 PM
Hmmmmmm. Us mere mortals cannie see who moved it. Maybe that's another Mod superpower.
Wrong :evil: It's only a sooper mod that can move a thread without it showing up in the first post ;) Calum, come on, defend yourself before we really go off topic :clown:
If a mere mod moves a thread it shows on the bottom of the first post ;)
Does that explain it fully :eek::p

Let me show you <cracks knuckles and flexes mod power> - DAMN - Gaj beat me to it :I

Wul
14th September 2004, 09:15 PM
hey - you mods are not setting a very good example by actively encouraging off topic posts in this thread! And if Big Cols got the pox, Big G better steer clear of him for while - maybe we should warn him! :p

Big Col
14th September 2004, 10:33 PM
SWINES!

Big Gordy
14th September 2004, 10:49 PM
I'm here, I'm here I have to work sometime you know :D
:eek: Big C has the pox :eek: I thought he looked a bit off colour:clown:
That's not a very good combination 'C' man:evil: Yellow car and that green face eeeeehhhhhhh yuck :dead: Consider me steered clear :p:D:approve:
I'll let you know when its safe folks :approve:

Monsta Mo Mini
15th September 2004, 12:51 AM
I own up! It wiz me who moved the thread - my mistake, it should have went into the this forum the first time. Having read it through it I might just put it back to OT&B tho! ;) :D

Not been very with it recently....something to do with sleep deprivation....zzzzzzzzzzzz:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy :

Gismo
15th September 2004, 01:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini
I own up! It wiz me who moved the thread - my mistake,
;):approve:

Big Col
15th September 2004, 05:43 PM
But it's not a MINI Mods, Faults or a Fix!!!! It was a general discussion about what the number was that appeared when you hit the reset button when your service interval came up!!!!!!!! Firkin mods!!!! :mad::clown:

Moving back onto topic before one of the power mads move it to the OT&B section, I found out last night that you get a "1st brake fluid change" thingy in your TLC booklet so I don't have to do it meself. :cool:

Gismo
15th September 2004, 06:54 PM
But it's not a MINI Mods, Faults or a Fix!!!! It was a general discussion
Agreed :approve:

Julz
15th September 2004, 06:56 PM
Did this section not use to include 'queries' in the title or am I seeing things again? Suppose I could change it meself and quit all the whinging!!;)

GAJ
15th September 2004, 07:02 PM
Still does! - "Post queries and info regarding your MINI. Modifications, ICE, faults and fixes, accessories etc.":cool:

Julz
15th September 2004, 07:20 PM
Well, there you go, it should be where MMM put it, so Big C, stop arguing and do as you're told!!;):D

Big Col
15th September 2004, 07:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Well, there you go, it should be where MMM put it, so Big C, stop arguing and do as you're told!!;):D

Oh so instead of putting "Mods, faults, fixes and queries" in the title like any normal people would do, you just call the section something completely illogical and think an explanation below it solves that! You might as well have called it "Large inflatable golf umbrellas" and then explained underneat it's for Mods, faults, fixes etc!!!!!!

Gismo
15th September 2004, 07:46 PM
The "General Discussion" forum is for ANYTHING as long as it's about the MINI, so, in effect as long as you include ANYTHING that is MINI related you can post it there (here) :)

Big Col
15th September 2004, 08:00 PM
YEAH! You tell 'em BS!