PDA

View Full Version : Stereo keeps interrupting with news announcements

Andy
29th April 2015, 12:37 AM
Hi there , I have a 2002 MC and when I'm listening to a cd in the car It often gets interrupted with news announcements like political views etc. at first I thought turning off the traffic alerts would solve the problem but no. I've tried searching online for the problem but nothing. I was wondering if anyone else has had this nuisance. So is there a way to permanently turn it off. Cheers

EcosseGP
29th April 2015, 07:04 PM
I'd have thought that like you turning off the TF/TA button would have stopped any interruptions ... Is it a standard head unit or an aftermarket one ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

badwolf340
29th April 2015, 07:34 PM
Strange ,

Andy
30th April 2015, 01:04 PM
I'd have thought that like you turning off the TF/TA button would have stopped any interruptions ... Is it a standard head unit or an aftermarket one ?

Pressing the button does change it back to my CD but 2 seconds later if could interrupt with another news broadcast.
It's the standard cd head unit I've got.

- - - Updated - - -

Strange ,

Anno it's really annoying :argh:

Eddie_JCW
30th April 2015, 01:23 PM
It'll be something to do with the PTY ;)

EcosseGP
30th April 2015, 06:46 PM
Yeah can you not keep pressing the TA/PTY button it sometimes goes TA only PTY only then TA and PTY. next time I'm in Catherine's I'll have a look ...

ianking
5th May 2015, 01:23 PM
If you hold down the TA button I'm sure it then goes into the news announcement menu and you can turn it off

Andy
8th May 2015, 02:44 PM
If you hold down the TA button I'm sure it then goes into the news announcement menu and you can turn it off

OMG thank you. �� that's really been annoying me. Surprised I never actually tried that haha :thumbs up: