PDA

View Full Version : R53 JCW exhaust centre box delete

jdl_1967
26th April 2015, 06:32 PM
Anyone removed their centre box from the standard JCW system please? It seems quite a popular mod looking at youtube, but just wondering its worth.

Craig
26th April 2015, 07:22 PM
A lot of the GP boys have done it and it certainly gives you a load more pops from the exhaust and makes it a bit louder too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
26th April 2015, 07:35 PM
Oh no I fear the worst ... You needing more noise John ?
I would never do such a thing lol ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jdl_1967
27th April 2015, 09:59 AM
It's a safety issue thing, if people can't see me, at least they'll hear me.

MINI William
27th April 2015, 11:00 AM
Can't beat a little extra noise :yes nod:

Blueboy
27th April 2015, 11:26 AM
As we say on our Harleys, "loud pipes saves life's"! Soon as I find my next car it will be winging its way down to Pipe Dynamics in Leven for a full custom system as they make some fantastic stuff!

john
27th April 2015, 08:15 PM
Hi had an HKS exhaust on my first mini, it sounded incredible, unfortunately the police heard what they thought was a motorbike in the distance and decided to wait for it to come along, yes I was speeding, yes I got stopped and yes it was costly, the policemen said if my car had been quiet they would have already been on their way.

when I bought my GP it was loud and I now have an extra silencer installed, it still sounds good but does not attract attention.

jdl_1967
28th April 2015, 06:57 AM
Mmmm, thanks for all the comments. I was hoping a similar sound to a manifold and sports car change, I definitely don't want a very loud droney system.