PDA

View Full Version : Next Aberdeen Social Meet - September

MartinSullivan
13th September 2004, 06:52 PM
Roll up, Roll up John, Sheilz, Maxine, Jordan, Eggy, Jim Mackay, Aberdeenmini, baddogminim, Zippy, Krusty, Monki, Bonnie and anyone else - who is going to organise the next aberdeen social?

We need a september meet, someone name a location and a date and take it from there.

Bad Dog and I were also talking about a XMAS night oot in November/December - which kind of ties in with Johns idea of a meet without cars :cool:

We are going to be at least 2 members down as Sleepy is in Corfu and Nenah is in the States.

Gismo
13th September 2004, 06:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan
We need a september meet, someone name a location and a date and take it from there.
Well done Martyn ;) i might be able to attend you're next one as i'm due home in the next day or so :p

Krusty
13th September 2004, 07:04 PM
Unfortunately Zippy and I will have to sit out of this one (and most other ones). Just found out that we're being relocated to London so it'll be a bit of a travel to get on the Aberdeen meets in future! Just founf out on friday and looks like we need to be relocated by the end of October so it'll be a busy time:D

MartinSullivan
13th September 2004, 07:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Well done Martyn ;) i might be able to attend you're next one as i'm due home in the next day or so :p

Cancel the meet :D

MartinSullivan
13th September 2004, 07:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by Krusty

Unfortunately Zippy and I will have to sit out of this one (and most other ones). Just found out that we're being relocated to London so it'll be a bit of a travel to get on the Aberdeen meets in future! Just founf out on friday and looks like we need to be relocated by the end of October so it'll be a busy time:D

Thats not good :eek: You need to come on one last social :D

The Dogfather
13th September 2004, 08:12 PM
As long as it's no 16/17/18 I'm up for this!

Sheilz
14th September 2004, 08:30 AM
me too, me too!
Lunan Bay for a bbbq?
Would be easy for other people to join us.
What d'ya all think?
:D:D:D:D

Gismo
14th September 2004, 03:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz
me too, me too!Lunan Bay for a bbbq? Would be easy for other people to join us. What d'ya all think?:D:D:D:D
Is this you offering to organise it then Sheilz ;):D

MartinSullivan
14th September 2004, 03:34 PM
Sounds great Sheilz, as Bonnie says are you prepared to organise it?

X30YES
14th September 2004, 08:05 PM
Nice one Sheilz ....

monkimagic
16th September 2004, 07:10 AM
Oh the pressure Sheilz, how can you say no ????

The Dogfather
20th September 2004, 06:27 PM
Has Sheilz been abducted by aliens?

Eggy7496
20th September 2004, 07:12 PM
sounds good, last years aberdeen social meet, was that when we went to the golden wheels show at the exhibition centre?

sleepyrascal
21st September 2004, 08:15 AM
good plan , good good!!

Just back in the UK today. im in .

Sheilz
21st September 2004, 08:23 AM
It would make a brill run but to be truthful I dont think I have enough time to organize it. There are loads of great wee roads down that way. i take every opportunity I can to explore them (frequently get lost!). I'd be fine doing the grub but would need assistance from other bods. I guess it would be the coast road to Montrose then through Ferryden to Lunan. Whether other roads were incorporated into it would very much depend on the time available and how much driving everyone wanted to do. Also everyone needs to agree on a date. I dont have another day off work until the 2nd but there are lots of times when i finish at 5pm like a normal person. So?
:D:D:D

MartinSullivan
21st September 2004, 04:18 PM
Who has got time to help Sheilz then? Obviously we could all bring stuff for the BBQ - but someone needs to work out the roads - anyone up for it????

The Dogfather
21st September 2004, 04:27 PM
The second works for me, only question mark is the weather. Perhaps a trip to Lunan Bay, followed by calling in at a nearby pub (like Roos) would be better. When's Nenah back by the way?

Gismo
21st September 2004, 04:40 PM
Saturday's are a big no for me, Sunday's however are alright (3rd), not too sure if i'm home then but i could easily arrange Roo's and the run around the Montrose area.
Wouldn't be a huge run, just a wee blast and then some lunch

We could all meet up at the Stracathro services ;)

Only one problem, i cannot guarantee i will be at home, just started a new job this week and i may have to cancel, so, ideally it would be best for someone else to organise

The Dogfather
21st September 2004, 05:18 PM
I'd happily organise another run but it would have to be north of Aberdeen as south is too far to reckie.

Could do a trip to a distillery, say Glenlivet near Tomintoul or maybe Strathisla in Keith. That way we could keep the Roos trip until Nenah gets back.

MartinSullivan
21st September 2004, 05:24 PM
Dont think Nenah is back till October - sure she mentioned it in the Secret Bunker thread.

Leaving Roos till she gets back is probably a good idea :p A woman scorned and all that ;)

Would love to help organise a run - but absolutely snowed under at the mo with work.

The Dogfather
21st September 2004, 05:36 PM
Right who's up for a distillery run on the 2nd then?

The Dogfather
22nd September 2004, 07:47 PM
No one? Is it the date or the Distillery?

Eggy7496
22nd September 2004, 11:41 PM
BDM r u organising the run 4 the aberdeen social meet? ill help ya if u want

The Dogfather
22nd September 2004, 11:57 PM
I would but no one has come back with a response.

sleepyrascal
23rd September 2004, 02:26 AM
I could help with the organising. Anyone want to join up and organise as a group?

Eggy7496
23rd September 2004, 06:57 PM
sounds like a good idea like. do we have a rough date?

The Dogfather
24th September 2004, 03:44 AM
Eggy, either 2nd, 3rd, 9th or 10th is OK with me. What dates are ok with the rest of you?

As for the route all depends on where we leave from!

sleepyrascal
24th September 2004, 09:28 AM
i'm good for most dates i think.

Eggy7496
24th September 2004, 06:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Eggy, either 2nd, 3rd, 9th or 10th is OK with me. What dates are ok with the rest of you?

As for the route all depends on where we leave from!

is that october were speaking about? cant make the 9th and 10th as ill be stuck in the mountains somewhere, doing the west highland way walk for charity we 3 other placements students from shell. its a five day nightmare - 20miles a day! - aargh!

Nenah
6th October 2004, 05:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Dont think Nenah is back till October - sure she mentioned it in the Secret Bunker thread.

Leaving Roos till she gets back is probably a good idea :p A woman scorned and all that ;)

Would love to help organise a run - but absolutely snowed under at the mo with work.

HELLLLOOOOOWWW! Back fresh from America and very pleased to be back in Aberdeen - first thing I did this evening was take Winnie for a mad spin around town as I've missed the buzz of driving her so much - onyl saw 2 new Coppers in Achorage Alaska but a few cool Cooper S in New York attacting a lot of attention on the street - so wish I could have taken mine for a cruise down 5th Avenue NY to show them a how a real mini S should be!!!! So what's the latest on the Aberdeen Mini Mini Meet? I'd be happy to organise a Roos meet if that was the option? Also, had an awesome idea for a Group overnight Meet whilst I was away but it will take a lot of planning so will schedule in the New Year around May - watch this space!

sleepyrascal
6th October 2004, 08:33 AM
Aright Nenah. Good to hear you had a good time in the USA! There are 54 plate minis flooding Aberdeen at the moment. Everywhere I go I see one. I'm sure you will see thisfor yourself pretty soon!

The Dogfather
6th October 2004, 03:52 PM
Roos sounds great now that you're back! Nenah have you seen the Twilight run yet?

MartinSullivan
6th October 2004, 04:45 PM
Nenah, welcome back :)

If anyone is organising a meet - just wanted to say I am in Manchester from Sunday to Wednesday next week.

Anyother dates should be fine with me :)

Cazza
8th October 2004, 01:16 AM
Welcome back Neneh, we'll maybe get our next run sorted now!! :)

I've been to Roo's before, so can't wait to try it again! :approve::approve::approve:

Nenah
8th October 2004, 06:14 AM
Hi All - thanks for your welcomes back - looks like I'm organising the next Aberdeen meet then! I can look at this next week but in the meantime, please can I have suggestions for dates from you all. I'm tight for time every weekend this month as I'm off to Dublin next weekend, then Amsterdam weekend after and the w/c 25-29th I'm on a course at Edinburgh Uni and then its the Blackpool run on 30/31st (boy, its going to be an expensive month!) so can we all agree a date in November? I know Eggy has his Lockness Run on 13th - so if you prefer a weekend run or a weeknight run let me know - I'm popping over to Australia for 10 days to attend a wedding on the 27th November too....mmmm...so if you are all free then I can step aside this time and let someone else take the drivers seat?

The Dogfather
8th October 2004, 05:24 PM
Free apart from the 15th October and Blackpool Run.

DNV122
17th October 2004, 09:16 PM
OK guys, time for a decision - what about next Sunday (I'm away most of the week) - Drive to somewhere good and then lunch ? What about the Potarch for a bar lunch ? There are some ace roads round there and I am happy to hep suggest a few ?

Let's get this going .......

Cazza
19th October 2004, 09:06 PM
I'm up for that, if it's where I am thinking of, was there as a wee bairn and loved it! :D Mind you, that was years ago, and it was in the middle of summer, when we used to get one!!! :cool:

The Dogfather
19th October 2004, 09:15 PM
Sorry can't do Sunday, got something on - last minute thing. Paul

MartinSullivan
19th October 2004, 09:17 PM
Well as Cazza is my girlfriend and cant drive - it looks like I am up for Sunday as well :)

Nenah
20th October 2004, 06:20 AM
Yeah - I could do this sunday as not going to Amsterdam this weekend now. What is the plan? Should we do the Roo's at Montrose?

Cazza
21st October 2004, 09:23 PM
Come on guys, what's happening, this thread has seriously died a very savage death :dead::disapprove::( Why doesn't anybody want to come out and play?!?!? :p:I

M4XNS
23rd October 2004, 11:44 PM
Yep, I'd be up for a mini mini run sometime soon. Last minute and kinda spur of the moment is best !!!