PDA

View Full Version : so... looking to get back into a MINI - clubman buying tips?

the_r_sole
25th April 2015, 02:35 PM
Had enough of sensible Volvo ownership - looking at clubman's - particularly the s or JCW variant but are there any owners on here for some practical advice...
We are now plus one so will be travelling with a baby seat often, is there only one position for that (since there is only one door)
Is there enough room for a pram in the boot?!
(Realise these are sad questions!)
There doesn't seem to be many around but did they have the pana sunroof option?
Any issues specific to the clubman or is r56 guides just the same?!

DigitalLemming
25th April 2015, 02:41 PM
Rob (stoney) is the man to talk to, I'm sure he'll be along in a bit to help.

stoney
25th April 2015, 03:20 PM
Hi
Right where to start faults same as R56
Child seat are they in front facing yet if so behind driver if not then passenger much easier once front facing.
Pram for the boot some fit some don't we have a 3 wheeler and it just fits .

Sunroof you will be lucky to find a jcw with a sun roof

What's your budget ? I have a red and black FJCW that's for sale only 35k and a 11 month mot very high spec PM me if you want details

the_r_sole
25th April 2015, 03:40 PM
Cool cheers, will have to test one for pram/seat fitting then, do they have isofix points?
Yeah, not sure I've seen a JCW with the sunroof but thought maybe there might be an s with one, just liked it on the r53!!
Pm us the details - budget isn't really set at the moment, most I've seen are in the ballpark so will depend on the specific car tbh

stoney
25th April 2015, 03:45 PM
PM sent and yes they do have isofix there are very few clubman jcw about think you would be lucky to fine a FJCW with a sun roof

EcosseGP
25th April 2015, 07:55 PM
As Rob says you'll struggle to find a JCW clubby let alone with a sunroof. There are very few Ss with sunroofs too. Good luck with your search ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gogs
26th April 2015, 02:19 AM
I find the boot in the R55 to be quite small with the rear seats up but they're easily folded down which gives plenty of extra space. You can also split fold the rear seats too so you could have a car seat on one side and I guess a pram would slide through the other.

The only fault I have found on the Clubby is the door seal on the boot doors can fail which can lead to some water leaking into the spare wheel well but this can usually be fixed with a new seal which is relatively cheap.

I do like the extra leg room in the rear seats, I was surprised at how much more there was compared to my old R53. I've had four adults in the car with no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_r_sole
26th April 2015, 10:31 AM
Cool, thanks for the advice - tbh if I can't get the pram in the boot it will be a no go as we've got a mutt/mother in law that come along often!
Will see if there are any around here that I can give a test drive/load!
Sunroof isn't a dealbreaker would just be nice

MrMischief
20th May 2015, 08:23 PM
Question for those in the know....I'm aware of the engine revision late 2012 giving it start/stop, a lighter crank & sodium filled valves.

Does this revision have a different ECU too? I heard it's more difficult to remap?

Which is better, pre or post revision?

Cheers...

badwolf340
20th May 2015, 09:51 PM
Question for those in the know....I'm aware of the engine revision late 2012 giving it start/stop, a lighter crank & sodium filled valves.

Does this revision have a different ECU too? I heard it's more difficult to remap?

Which is better, pre or post revision?

Cheers...
There are different variations of the ECU ,and as said some differ in the means of remapping ,EG bench remapping which includes "waking" up the ECU before it can be modified which has to be carried out on the R56GP ,so may be the case for others of the same year and N18 engine variant .

Blueboy
22nd May 2015, 03:32 AM
My mates Clubby S came with a sunroof, and just about every accessory available except sat nav :thumbs up: