PDA

View Full Version : New MINI Adventure Over...:(

MrMischief
23rd April 2015, 10:32 AM
Well, it's a sad day but our lovely Countryman Cooper SD was written off :(

The insurer says there's £9k damage so it's a Cat D. Both front airbags & the passenger side airbags activated in the accident which increases the repair cost massively. Very sad as the exterior damage doesn't appear to be very severe.

Thankfully, my better half & daughter were unhurt.

Pretty sure I'll return with a Works of some sort, just need to find one that my dog can fit in!

In the meantime, good luck to my wee sis who's just purchased a lovely spec Works Coupe...and joined here but not introduced herself:hand:

stoney
23rd April 2015, 10:33 AM
That's a shame 😞 I have a clubman works that's for sale I your interested pm me for details 👍

MINI William
23rd April 2015, 11:03 AM
Not good news but the main thing is that you and your family are all ok. Hopefully see you in a MINI soon

Craig
23rd April 2015, 12:47 PM
Glad the family are all ok, but sucks about the car. Hopefully you'll be sorted soon [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonnie
23rd April 2015, 02:06 PM
Sorry to hear this glad you are all ok. Shopping for a new one is good though.

Eddie_JCW
23rd April 2015, 02:24 PM
Glad everyone is ok, that's the main thing. It's a shame about the car and I hope you find one soon :)

EcosseGP
23rd April 2015, 10:33 PM
Sorry to hear about the car but glad everyone is OK and fingers crossed you manage to get your hands on another MINI.
Good news though about your wee sis ... Maybe she'll lend you it for a run :):):)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cuddles
24th April 2015, 06:31 AM
Glad everyone is ok , sorry about the car tc xx

MrMischief
24th April 2015, 09:22 AM
Thanks for all your wishes guys, it's more frustrating than anything else as it was a great high spec car :sad:

Here's a few pics after the bump...it stood up very well & no doubt somebody will rebuild it.

With regards to the replacement, we've decided to go for a new Volvo V40 D4 SE Lux R Design...I'm opting for safety for my better half - radar as standard with assisted braking :thumbs up: It arrived in Dundee yesterday, should be quite a hoot with 325ft/lbs :cool:

After driving my sis's Works though, I'm tempted to swap my Legacy for one...although I said I'd have a sensible road car as I've got a track car too :hand:

Ivano
24th April 2015, 11:43 AM
Its strange to think of that being a write off as the damage does not look too severe as you said and £9k of damage!!!

MrMischief
24th April 2015, 01:49 PM
Chassis leg took the brunt of the force & has a good kink in it. It was a 45mph impact.

Burple
30th April 2015, 03:38 PM
Crikey.. that sounds like a sore one! Glad everybody is ok tho! Where did it happen if you don't mind me asking? that road looks familiar!

MrMischief
20th May 2015, 08:20 PM
Crikey.. that sounds like a sore one! Glad everybody is ok tho! Where did it happen if you don't mind me asking? that road looks familiar!

It's the junction for Kemback between Cupar & Dairsie.

At least the insurance paid up, everyone's ok...and the V40 is unbelievably rapid!! :thumbs up:

MrMischief
23rd May 2015, 04:28 PM
Woohoo!! As of today....back in the game. Deal done :D

MINI William
23rd May 2015, 05:32 PM
Good news

EcosseGP
23rd May 2015, 07:50 PM
That's good news ;)