PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Judder

Eddie_JCW
6th April 2015, 03:55 PM
Yesterday at the end of the FF7 run as we were leaving I noticed a horrible judder as I pulled away, I'm reluctant to think it's the clutch because I have so much mechanical sympathy with it. Has anyone else had this?

There is no clutch slip, no clutch smell and it's fine once I'm moving. I believe it's a mount but Eastern MINI had a look and said they don't think it's the mounts but a senior tech test drove it and believed it wasn't the clutch before it was taken inside.

What's everyone's thoughts? They said it will be fine to take on the HB tour so I'm relieved at that, it's just bloody annoying and I'm praying it's not the clutch as no doubt it'll be very difficult to prove that I've certainly not abused the clutch.

EcosseGP
6th April 2015, 08:09 PM
Doesn't sound like the clutch Eddie if you're not getting any of the associated issues that you'd usually get. If it's just a mount you'll be fine ... If MINI have checked it and found it safe to drive you should be OK but I'll get the big fella to pack his hammer just in case !!

Craig
6th April 2015, 08:39 PM
Hammer is already packed !!

Hope it's not an issue on the tour for you Eddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badwolf340
6th April 2015, 08:54 PM
If it's a judder ,one of the things we used to do was clean the surface of the clutch disc and flywheel face ,by driving the car and introducing slip to clean both surfaces ,worth a try as there may be a contaminate on one of the surfaces :thumbs up: