PDA

View Full Version : Rear Exhaust

Trich1966
1st April 2015, 10:34 PM
Hello All,
Can some one please please recommend a quality supplier of a back box or rear silencer to fit my Mini Cooper 2005, (Not an S) I know I may have to cut the through pipe close to the rear box or if I can find one complete with the bend so I can join up half way down the through pipe would be great I just want to fit / weld a coupler to increase the bore to 3" fit for a nice deep sounding back box with a nice chrome tail pipe and get a nice rubble if possible and get a few extra looks..... lol :cool: I know it may be tough :p also not made of money so working to a budget, :thumbs up: any tips would be more then welcome, thanks to all in advance.... Regards Tim Yorkshire BB (tight I know ha ha ha :D)

john
1st April 2015, 11:27 PM
www.playmini.co.uk :smilewinkgrin:

Crombers
2nd April 2015, 07:10 AM
Yup Playmini rear silencer, slash cut. Best Cooper mod of all :thumbs up:

Had mine fitted in 2006 then added the Playmini manifold & cat in 2008/9. Driven with the window down ever since :hand:

Trich1966
2nd April 2015, 07:16 AM
Thanks sooooo much will take a look,
Regards
Tim,

MINI William
2nd April 2015, 08:53 AM
As others have said alot of people rate the the PlayMINI system.

Ive also moved your thread to where more people see it and be able to help with advice

EcosseGP
2nd April 2015, 09:41 AM
Why not look into a custom one they usually work out cheaper and you end up with a system unique to you ..

MINI William
2nd April 2015, 10:05 AM
I had a custom cat back on my R56 Cooper and loved it :shut up:

stoney
2nd April 2015, 11:31 AM
Yep custom is the way to go and prob cost you a bit less

ianking
2nd April 2015, 10:00 PM
I still have a stainless back box for an R50 cooper in my garage.
Sensible offer buys it.

EcosseGP
3rd April 2015, 11:12 AM
What type of rear box is it Ian ?
How old ?

ianking
4th April 2015, 09:25 PM
Davy I'm not sure, if it's not a Playmini then it's very very similar to one. Looks like it's had no more than 1 year of use.
I took it off a car I had in for selling and put it to standard as these type of things put the majority of buyers off.