PDA

View Full Version : MINI down... :(

CraigR53
19th March 2015, 08:46 PM
So thanks to a breakdown that had no hazards or lights on and a woman that decides to jump into the fast lane at 40 mph we are one less mini the world and I'm absolutely gutted.

Everyone is safe and sound, was heading back from the Celtic semi-final and get this, I don't even support them, was just a spur of the moment plans... Also the case for the car I hit... Strange.

The coop held up pretty well, maybe repairable but I'd rather they just write it off, time will tell...

DigitalLemming
19th March 2015, 08:53 PM
Gutted for you mate, but everyone's safe and well - that's the main thing when these things happen.

MINI William
19th March 2015, 09:03 PM
Sorry to see this Craig but the main thing is that your ok

Craig
19th March 2015, 09:35 PM
Gutted for you.... As others have said at least you walked away.. Hope the person who caused it has been dealt with... Hope you get what you want for your car :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badwolf340
19th March 2015, 09:41 PM
Sorry to hear this ...glad your ok :thumbs up:

stoney
19th March 2015, 09:58 PM
Not good buddy but as rest have said car can be replaced your life can't
Glad your ok fancy a FJCW clubman as its replacement :lol:

weefossy
19th March 2015, 10:24 PM
Gutted for you, but so glad everyone is Ok. Minis are pretty tough on impact.
Take it to Saltire Detailing they'll polish that out.

CraigR53
19th March 2015, 10:43 PM
Take it to Saltire Detailing they'll polish that out.

Hahaha! I knew they were good but that good?

Rob it's maybe a consideration now, love that clubman!

By the way guys, it dawned on me on my journey home after it my airbags never deployed? Don't really understand that

AndyP & Lenore
19th March 2015, 10:43 PM
Gutted for you but it shows the strength of MINI's to have a front shunt like that and everyone walks away. It's only metal, and it can be fixed or replaced.:frown::frown:

EcosseGP
19th March 2015, 10:57 PM
Sorry to see the damage but like others have said so long as everyone is ok that's the main thing.
Looking at the damage it could be touch and go to get written off especially if the air bags haven't deployed. :(

Eddie_JCW
19th March 2015, 11:34 PM
Sorry to see this :( as everyone else has said glad you're ok.

The airbags won't have went off possibly because the speed of impact was only around 30 mph ;)

john
20th March 2015, 12:32 AM
Not easy to tell from a photo but it does not appear to be that badly damaged.
glad everyone is ok

jonnie
20th March 2015, 07:49 AM
Gutted for you but as above glad your ok, i know how tough these 'little' cars are. Shopping for a new one though.

CiderFex
20th March 2015, 08:04 AM
Very sorry to hear about this and see the pic.
I'm glad that everyone involved is O.K. though.

...enjoy the journey.

Crombers
20th March 2015, 03:07 PM
Sad to see but number one is that you are uninjured. Having done similar to a VW Golf many moons ago I know how you feel about the possibility of getting the car back fully repaired. It's a tough call as to whether or not you then keep the car.

Coop1
20th March 2015, 08:49 PM
Ouch. Heres hoping you are up and running in a Mini of whatever type again real soon Craig. By way, the sun did eventually shine on my wee trip to Ayrshire. Love that A70. Years since I'd been on it.

CraigR53
23rd March 2015, 03:32 PM
So, she's a write off... :(

Now the difficult choice, I'm not done with Mini's by a long shot but is it a chance for a change maybe. Been in love with S2K's for as long as I can remember and is certainly tempting with summer coming in :yes nod:

Plus a good community here that I was just getting to know, a lot of thinking I think...

badwolf340
23rd March 2015, 04:52 PM
Its better that its a right off and you can then decide what you want to do,better than getting it fixed and not being happy with it for whatever reason, lots of choices for you ......but a Honda ....
Destroyed many S2K with a JCW

MINI William
23rd March 2015, 05:36 PM
So, she's a write off... :(

Now the difficult choice, I'm not done with Mini's by a long shot but is it a chance for a change maybe. Been in love with S2K's for as long as I can remember and is certainly tempting with summer coming in :yes nod:

Plus a good community here that I was just getting to know, a lot of thinking I think...

HONDA have a word

Its better that its a right off and you can then decide what you want to do,better than getting it fixed and not being happy with it for whatever reason, lots of choices for you ......but a Honda ....
Destroyed many S2K with a JCW

Im the same as dad destroyed a fair few S2ks in the JCW and the GP :yes nod::smilewinkgrin:

EcosseGP
23rd March 2015, 09:06 PM
Oh well Craig like the others have said that's the easy part done the decision has been made and the wee buggy might not have felt the same if you'd had it repaired.
So ... Choices.
I loved the S2k but after driving one for a day I decided it wasn't for me and went with a CTR instead. It's an acquired taste and has a snappy side to it ...
Good luck on your choice and happy hunting. If it's not a MINI this time fingers crossed you come back ;)

CraigR53
23rd March 2015, 09:18 PM
It's all insurance dependent, lady I hit is trying to pin it on the 19 year old boy in the fast car.... I'm not happy I can yell you!

I don't really think you can compare the S2K to a MINI, I'll need to have a test drive to see how I feel. I love MINI there will defiantly be more of them in my life and the community on here makes the experience 100x better. Great forum site. Time will tell I suppose!

stoney
23rd March 2015, 11:03 PM
Typical insurance tbh
But hay on the up side new car [emoji106]

MrMischief
24th April 2015, 09:44 AM
Sorry to hear about your accident mate, glad everyone's ok though...they seem to stand up to frontal impacts quite well.