PDA

View Full Version : LED lights for detailing

stoney
2nd March 2015, 06:43 PM
Right I am looking to get a set of LED lights for detailing can some point me in the right direction of some decent ones ?

Thanks

Craig
2nd March 2015, 06:52 PM
It's on my to do list for some point this year... got halogens at the moment, but they are more expensive to run... I'd try the usual suspects, Sealey, Machine Mart, Amazon etc...

stoney
2nd March 2015, 06:55 PM
It's on my to do list for some point this year... got halogens at the moment, but they are more expensive to run... I'd try the usual suspects, Sealey, Machine Mart, Amazon etc...

There are loads on eBay ect just wondered if any one had any recommendations

Craig
2nd March 2015, 07:00 PM
i'd be worried if they were going to be bright enough....

stoney
2nd March 2015, 07:03 PM
i'd be worried if they were going to be bright enough....

Snap hence the reason for this thread [emoji106][emoji106]

gauldrymini
2nd March 2015, 07:42 PM
...I am sure someone can shed some light on the subject...:thud:

EcosseGP
2nd March 2015, 08:20 PM
You'd be better going down and seeing what they're like at Screwfix or B&Q first you'll get an idea of how bright they are before you buy one

Craig
2nd March 2015, 09:36 PM
Seen one at work, it's a sealey one but I don't think it's bright enough :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
3rd March 2015, 02:19 AM
Certainly all the ones that's I've seen at work too wouldn't be bright enough for proper detailing work. Will give you enough light to do jobs but wouldn't show up all the imperfections that halogen ones do.
Is this for doing the Audi Rob ?

CiderFex
3rd March 2015, 08:16 AM
Nice thread Rob. I'm after something similar so will be watching this with interest.
I won't get much chance to look myself over the next few days and I'll have no t'internet.

...to Infinity and beyond !!!

stoney
3rd March 2015, 08:16 AM
Yep I have a set of halogens that are good but I was told a good bright led would be better 👍

CiderFex
3rd March 2015, 08:44 AM
From a quick bit of research Daylight (metal hilade) bulbs are the best for detailing.
They are a lot less power than halogen but give off a much better light for detailing.

This was the first one I found.....

http://www.toolstation.com/m/part.html?p=79880

...to Infinity and beyond !!!

CiderFex
3rd March 2015, 08:57 AM
A few more here.....

http://www.right-light.co.uk/floodlights/metal-halide-floodlights?gclid=CPqpgufai8QCFcfMtAodzUAAug