PDA

View Full Version : New Mini Driver

trishill1969
28th February 2015, 05:57 PM
hi everyone,

I have just purchased a Mini Cooper S Convertible on a 2005 plate . and looking for some help :-)

I have the standard 3 spoke steering wheel, can i replace it with the 3 spoke wheel that has audio controls and the like as a "straight swap"

also

My radio seems to have a phone symbol on it but cant seem to get any kind of bluetooth connection , so i need something extra ?

Thank you in advance

Eddie_JCW
28th February 2015, 07:19 PM
Welcome to NMS.

I'm not sure on the audio controls but I think the wiring may be there I'm sure someone who knows more about R52s will be along shortly. On cars without Bluetooth the phone button just mutes the audio, you can retrofit it but to be honest it's more hassle than what it's worth, if you want Bluetooth then I'd recommend considering a Parrot kit.

john
28th February 2015, 07:30 PM
Yes a Parrot kit or even a Bluetooth head unit would be a good option, there is a mini run tomorrow if you fancy showing off your car

Eddie_JCW
28th February 2015, 07:33 PM
What I meant was retrofitting the MINI Bluetooth is more hassle than what it's worth, the parrot kits and Bluetooth head units are the best option and can be fitted relatively easily.

CiderFex
28th February 2015, 07:48 PM
I've got the Parott MKii9200, it's an awesome bit of kit.

http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/hands-free-car-kits/parrot-mki9200/

...to Infinity and beyond !!!

Eddie_JCW
28th February 2015, 07:50 PM
I've got the Parott MKii9200, it's an awesome bit of kit.

http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/hands-free-car-kits/parrot-mki9200/

...to Infinity and beyond !!!

I've got one of those for sale ;) it came out my 3 series and Pete's right it's a great bit of kit.

EcosseGP
1st March 2015, 02:03 AM
Just as easy to fit a new head unit with bluetooth as the existing head unit in the R52 isn't that great. I think the wiring will be there for you to retro fit the buttons but by the time you add all the control boxes it for using it it'll be cheaper with either a new head unit or a parrot :)

EcosseGP
1st March 2015, 02:04 AM
I've got one of those for sale ;) it came out my 3 series and Pete's right it's a great bit of kit.

Where you got it advertised Eddie ? How old is it ?

Eddie_JCW
1st March 2015, 02:08 AM
It's not advertised lol I'm bad for hoarding, it is for sale if someone wants it I should really put a few for sale ads up :lol: . It's probably about 2 years old but it's only been used for probably 6 months if that, I took it out when I retrofitted iDrive, nav and Bluetooth into my 3 ;)

EcosseGP
1st March 2015, 09:15 AM
How much Eddie and what's needed to get it in the MINI ?

Eddie_JCW
1st March 2015, 10:12 AM
How much Eddie and what's needed to get it in the MINI ?

I'm not sure what it'll need, can't think of anything as I'd guess that it'd be pretty similar to the BMW head unit so I'm sure the harness I bought would do the job so just a few sticky pads and that should be it. I'm not sure what they're worth used to be honest.

EcosseGP
1st March 2015, 11:19 AM
^^ couple of cream eggs and a twix lol.

Eddie_JCW
1st March 2015, 01:44 PM
It's me that's selling it not Rachael lol, she'd have agreed to that deal. Lol

EcosseGP
1st March 2015, 01:56 PM
I'll speak to you about it at some point then Eddie if you fancy selling. Looking into putting something into the MINI One :):)

Eddie_JCW
1st March 2015, 06:35 PM
I'll speak to you about it at some point then Eddie if you fancy selling. Looking into putting something into the MINI One :):)

Yeah that's fine Davy :) I'm sure we can sort something out :thumbs up: