PDA

View Full Version : We did it last night!

Scottch
10th September 2004, 09:09 PM
Hi gang,

Following on from the thread I started in "introduce yourself", I thought you'd like to know that we went ahead, after having the demo for a couple of days, and ordered our MCS last night.

Cold turkey has already set in since they prised the keys for the demo away from us and we can hardly wait on the car arriving.

Looking forward to the mini adventure and hope it's as good an experience as it promises!

Cheers!

Scott

Julz
10th September 2004, 09:11 PM
Congratulations!! So come on then, spill the beans, what have you ordered??:clown:

Scottch
10th September 2004, 10:45 PM
Julz,

Thanks for the kind sentiments!

We eventually settled on an MCS
Pepper white / pepper white
chili pack
multi-function steering wheel
boost cd/mp3 doodah

Now we're plotting to get some vipers fitted and the body kit colour coded.

But what colour of viper stripes?
screaming blood red? saltire blue?

Oooh the choices!

Cheers!

Scott

Big Gordy
10th September 2004, 11:36 PM
Oooooooooooooo sounds yummy :p I say go red with the stripes:p:D:approve:

Burple
10th September 2004, 11:43 PM
quote:
We eventually settled on an MCS
Pepper white / pepper white

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek:;)
<gasps>

But....But...But.... ;):D

Black Shelby stripes (don't let Broken_Brian se this or there's be another rant!! ;)) would look awesome... I considered them!!
but red.... hmmmm... yeah... that could work.. or blue...hmmmm...
Or how about a nice British racing green?

Scottch
11th September 2004, 01:14 AM
lnl,

So, what are shelby stripes then?? Any pictures or websites you could point me at?

Cheers!

Scott

Duncan Stewart
11th September 2004, 04:19 AM
Sounds really cool Scott. I'll keep my eyes out for you and maybe even be quick enough to wave :D ;)

Scottch
11th September 2004, 04:54 AM
Dunc,

Cheers mate - don't look too hard mate, the car isn't expected to land until sometime in November.

Cheers!

Scott

miniFEF
11th September 2004, 06:30 PM
hey and welcome. which body kit did you go for then?

Scottch
11th September 2004, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

We never took any bodykit - it'll be the standard fit factory affair and we'll just get it colour coded to match the rest of the car.

Hope it turns out OK - we've never seen it done on a white car before - fingers crossed.

Cheers!

Scott

broken_brian
12th September 2004, 12:10 AM
shelby stripes are just the same as viper stripes its just that carroll shelby of the 1960's 427cu inch shelby cobra fame and various ford mustangs did it first dodge then copied it on the viper which is where eveyone gets the name from

here is a pic of said 427 cobra http://www.shelbyamerican.com/carPics/4000BG.htm

and i didnt even rant once :D

Scottch
12th September 2004, 04:50 AM
Brian / guys,

After a bit of virtual shopping, I was under the impression that shelby stripes were 2 thick stripes that have a pinstripe on either side of the main stripe and that viper stripes were just the two thick stripes.

Or am I talking a shovel full?

Red is looking like the favourite choice for the stripes so far - has anyone seen a mini done this way before?

Cheers!

Scott

monkimagic
12th September 2004, 08:51 AM
what about BRG for your stripes, or black, red could be tricky, however it will lookcool

Scottch
12th September 2004, 02:49 PM
Monki,

Black stripes have been done already mate, not that there's anything wrong with them, I just fancied having something a bit different.

Not that I'm into footie at all, but I think if I had a green and white car, I'd get no end of stick for the colour combo. I hope I haven't stepped on any toes with that, but I'm sure you all know what I mean.

Why do you think red stripes would be tricky?

Cheers!

Scott

Gismo
12th September 2004, 04:58 PM
I liked the idea of stripes so much i had them fitted to my car :) i had less choice with my dark silver with black roof :(
I understand you wanting to be different, but, personally i just can't imagine red stripes or vipers.
Your footie logic is good, but there are also teams who play in red and white and that may work for or against you depending where you park.

Problem with asking about colour combo's etc is that you get everyone's likes and dislikes, so, i'm afraid this is your call, you'll only know if it's right.

You could try a couple of samples, place them on the car and see how it goes etc

Scottch
12th September 2004, 05:14 PM
BS,

Thanks for the input - the wife will have the final say!

We've already decided to try the samples idea and see how things look before we (she) settles on the final choice - just a pity there isnt any pictures of this colour combo so we could get a little further down the road.

The teams that play in red and white don't feature so prominently where I live - so fingers crossed, if we did settle for red stripes we shouldn't bring any trouble upon ourselves in that respect. I hope ...

Cheers!

Scott

Smurf
14th September 2004, 11:33 PM
Have a look on the Cooper Flags web site - they have Shelby-style stripes, which is what I have on my car (Indy Blue, black roof, silver stripes).

My personal choice would be black on your car, but you said that had been done.

What about grey? Chequered? Ghost chequered?

Looking forward to seeing what you do! :)

Vicki
18th September 2004, 09:24 AM
How about electric blue viper stripes? or a purple sort of colour- theres a MINI that lives local to me what is PW with purple bonnet stripes-its a bit different to what ur mini will look like but the deep dark purple really does look amazing!!!!! I'll see if i can get pictures for you.

Scottch
18th September 2004, 02:32 PM
Vicki,

That's smashin pal! If you can get pictures it'll help steer us in the right direction - many thanks!!

Cheers!

Scott

X30YES
18th September 2004, 04:58 PM
Black and white checks might be different ..John at Apex Signs will do you a good set of stripes even removing the number plates etc to get them 'all in one '...The aerial on the 2005 model is now bolted through the roof and not easy to get off , might involve cutting round it if you fit a decal or stripes that are bang in the middle of the roof !!!!!.